In leaked call, Obama describes Trump handling of virus as chaotic

rooster59

7 hours ago, Sujo said:

There is no law against it, the just dont comment out of respect and custom. But trump threw that out the window by promising to show his tax returns then refusing to do so.

If trump has no respect for the customs of the office he cant complain when others follow suit.

These trump supporters sure like to whinge.

Great to hear such maturity. The left now welcome ongoing interference from ex POTUS's. So, after Trump has finally been replaced in 2024, you will welcome his daily running commentary and barbed Tweets aimed at whoever the new administration is. Uncomfortable truths forced in peoples faces, every day. Remember, it might even be a democrat government. Why do I get the feeling democrat supporters in such a situation would be unhappy with this? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/10/2020 at 9:17 AM, TopDeadSenter said:

Joe's secret sauce has been causing enough problems already. 

It is a disgrace that Obama can not be quiet and go away like the Bushes and other ex POTUS's did. Just no class whatsoever, either of them. Although I believe this turkey is starting to squawk due to his neck being on the chopping block as all the dreadful details of his illegal deep state spying and ginning up fallacious cases and investigations against Donald Trump. As any detective knows, the guilty party starts flapping when put under the spotlight. Exactly what we are witnessing now.

As Trump has been doing for years!

PH

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

If they leaked the part after the microphone was turned off, they'd have heard Obama say, "Biden...  What were you thinking???" or, "Biden...  My God is that the best we can do???"

I'm not a fan of Trump at all.  But the Dems conceded this one when they chose Biden.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Great to hear such maturity. The left now welcome ongoing interference from ex POTUS's. So, after Trump has finally been replaced in 2024, you will welcome his daily running commentary and barbed Tweets aimed at whoever the new administration is. Uncomfortable truths forced in peoples faces, every day. Remember, it might even be a democrat government. Why do I get the feeling democrat supporters in such a situation would be unhappy with this? 

So hou disagree with Trump?  He is wrong?  Maybe for the first time EVER!!!!

How many days ago was it when he rounded on Bush for not publicly supporting him in 2016?

PH

9 hours ago, talahtnut said:

There's no such thing as a leak.

It just adds pique to what you're

meant to hear.

Of course there are leaks, look at all the unwanted information that left the WH.

7 minutes ago, samran said:

You and I both know that Obama and bush could have been the virtuous ex presidents and have said nothing, but come 29 January 2020 or 2024, he would have thrown that convention out the window not applying it to himself.

So you are saying that because liberals assume Trump would comment on politics after his term ends, that it's OK for liberal ex POTUS's to interfere now? You can see a problem with this logic, right? Have liberals ever been wrong about Trump since he won? How has their record been for guessing his actions? I'll just leave it at that!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

In private, Trump and aides have discussed stripping China of its “sovereign immunity,” aiming to enable the U.S. government or victims to sue China for damages. George Sorial, who formerly served as a top executive at the Trump Organization and is involved in a class-action lawsuit against China, told The Washington Post he and senior White House officials have discussed limiting China’s sovereign immunity. Legal experts say an attempt to limit China’s sovereign immunity would be extremely difficult to accomplish and may require congressional legislation.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/04/30/trump-china-coronavirus-retaliation/

of course, this would open the floodgates!  imagine all the lawsuits that could be filed against the united states! 

wedding parties in afghanistan, birth defects in vietnam and fallujah, missing legs in cambodia, 500k dead children in iraq that were (at the time by somebody else) a price we considered worth it.....

The link to WAPO is behind a payment firewall so I cant read it. But curious as to why you would post this as if anonymous sourced drival about private conversations should be taken as fact? It could be propaganda designed to scare the CCP( obviously it has), or a lie, or a false narrative created from mear questions or hypotheticals from a conversation. Yet you post as fact? 

Edited by WalkingOrders
Sp
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

The left now welcome ongoing interference from ex POTUS's. 

Yes because you just know in 2021 when Trump is down in Florida, "retired" from public office, that all of his tweets will be about peace love and understanding. (provided he even survives the Corona virus pandemic)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Incorrect. Respect for the President of the USA is important for the global Rule of Law and influence of the Western democracies. trump's current path to isolation and disregard for the Rule of Law will be proven to be a grave error, as it has been in other times of history.

Clinton, Bush and Obama were well respected because they kept surrendering competitive advantages to the detriment of their citizens. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:

You can voice your opinion all you want, but the reality is the opinion of anyone outside the US is irrelevant.

but listening to Trump is an entertaining way of filling available brain time for observers outside the US, for in the end, not even Trump can B.S a virus  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

So you are saying that because liberals assume Trump would comment on politics after his term ends, that it's OK for liberal ex POTUS's to interfere now? You can see a problem with this logic, right? Have liberals ever been wrong about Trump since he won? How has their record been for guessing his actions? I'll just leave it at that!

So you think it's unusual and inappropriate for ex-Presidents to support candidates from their party in Presidential elections?  What do you think of that low-life Ronald Reagan supporting his Vice President Bush against Jimmy Carter in 1992?   https://www.nytimes.com/1992/02/09/us/1992-campaign-endorsements-reagan-endorses-bush-as-best-hope-for-nation.html

1 minute ago, heybruce said:

So you think it's unusual and inappropriate for ex-Presidents to support candidates from their party in Presidential elections?  What do you think of that low-life Ronald Reagan supporting his Vice President Bush against Jimmy Carter in 1992?   https://www.nytimes.com/1992/02/09/us/1992-campaign-endorsements-reagan-endorses-bush-as-best-hope-for-nation.html

I think it's unusual and inappropriate for ex-President Obama to suddenly start squawking and publicly panicking when the noose is closing in on his neck. Let us remember, the hoaxes that were launched by the democrat party (and released classified docs are starting to to show Obama may well have been the principal architect of the spying and hoaxes) have had 24/7 airtime on MSM for years and they were still playing with the failed Ukraine hoax as Covid was ravaging the world. If Obama and his team really did cause the 4 years of civil division and the worst political hoaxes and witch hunts ever, well then he and his crew will have to pay for their crimes. He can go quietly to face justice, or like most cowards, make a whole lotta noise as he desperately grasps for solid ground. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

53 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

Clinton, Bush and Obama were well respected because they kept surrendering competitive advantages to the detriment of their citizens. 

The forgotten citizens!

6 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:

Wow, a candidate broke a campaign promise. Sorry, I don't see how that is a game changer.

But you do when obama broke with custom and tradition.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

He didnt make any public statement.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

My apologies, I meant "against Bill Clinton in 1992", not Jimmy Carter.  I guess I'm showing my age.

40 minutes ago, riclag said:

You have stuck to a middle approach for the longest time ! I respect that

Do you think this was leaked or a publicity stunt gone wrong! I mean there was a few other stupid private statements he made!

I tend to think that "leaks" are made on purpose. I believe Obama wants to interject himself into the race but without having to come out for Biden. I think the strategy is Trump is so bad, that you should vote for the other guy. That's not a bad strategy, but it makes me wonder why they got rid of a dozen better "other guys" first.