Aviation authority announces new timings for airports in Thailand

webfact

Aviation authority announces new timings for airports

By The Nation

800_d98b953a75d162f.jpg?v=1589098052

The Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT) has finalised new opening and closing times for airports all over the country.

Following the pandemic crisis, the CAAT has rearranged schedules for each airport in Thailand.

7am to 7pm (18 airports): Nan Nakhon, Phitsanulok l, Phrae, Mae Sot, Mae Hong Son, Lampang, Khon Kaen, Nakhon Phanom, Buri Ram, Roi Et, Loei, Sakon Nakhon, Udon Thani, Ubon Ratchathani, Chumphon, Trang, Nakhon Si Thammarat and Ranong

5am to midnight: Surat Thani Airport

6am to 6pm: Hua Hin Airport

6am to 10pm: Samui Airport

6am to midnight: Chiang Mai Airport and Hat Yai Airport.

Open 24 hours: Krabi, U-Tapao, Chiang Rai, Don Mueang and Suvarnabhumi Airport.

International flights are still not allowed until June 1 and CAAT provides further details on [www.caat.ot.th/corona] website.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30387614

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-11

3 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

International flights will be allowed June 1 st ? With what requirements ? A  letter from doctors within 72 hours you don,t have the virus ? Where in Seattle for example am i to find this test ? Asking for things that are NOT possible to get in any countries. Expect foreigners to come back? Better have the tests ready on arrival at the airport in Bangkok. No one is going to bother with all the visa etc etc hassles.

Where do you read that international flights will be allowed from June 1st? The current ban might well be continued for a while.....,

• Like 2

For many of us the more pressing question will be when the Australian government open up their airports for people like us  gone there and who reside and have families in Thailand to come back to as there are no plans to do so soon or the foreseeable future... 

Edited by ezzra
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, niebla said:

Will there be a plan for people planning to retire in Thailand in 2021? For example an American living in Hong Kong, planning to retire in Thailand in 2021.

No

1 hour ago, LukKrueng said:

Where did you find the restrictions information? Or did you just make them up and got upset about your ideas?

As for tests upon arrival - how would you like to fly all the way from Seattle just to fail the test and get sent back on the same airplane??

travel-advisory-to-passengers-planning-to-enter-Thailand.pdf

It is on the CAAT website.

https://www.caat.or.th/th/archives/47858

I will have to pass this info on to my friends who may be brave enough

to go to Thailand this Fall.  I will stay in Canada, and see Thailand next Winter

maube that way the virus will be less, or a vaccine will be available. Hopefully

Maybe I will have enough money to enjoy 1 or 2 months holiday again.

Geezer

4 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

International flights will be allowed June 1 st ? With what requirements ? A  letter from doctors within 72 hours you don,t have the virus ? Where in Seattle for example am i to find this test ? Asking for things that are NOT possible to get in any countries. Expect foreigners to come back? Better have the tests ready on arrival at the airport in Bangkok. No one is going to bother with all the visa etc etc hassles.

Looking like 14 day quaranetine in a government sanctioned hotel (probably like the Bangkok Hilton - the infamous one).  Anyone know what the regulations are likely to be?

4 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

Don't know the requirements but a mates g f said he was flying back to the UK 4.am today from Swampy!!

????????????????????????????????

you guys are completely out to lunch, coronavirus is pretty much over in asia. will they allow flights from USA/UK, probably not. but asian flights no problem. Philippines opened international flights today on May 11. Both thailand and vietnam appear to be on schedule for June 1 at this point. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ezzra said:

For many of us the more pressing question will be when the Australian government open up their airports for people like us  gone there and who reside and have families in Thailand to come back to as there are no plans to do so soon or the foreseeable future... 

As you have probably read, last week the media reported with some fanfare discussions between the Australian & New Zealand governments about the creation of a "trans-Tasman bubble" meaning a safe travel zone initially only between the 2 countries but later to include some of the Pacific nations.

From subsequent comments by Morrison & others it would seem they don't see that being implemented much before September. There wouldn't seem to be much point in that bubble if either country were intending to allow entry by other foreigners any time soon after it's implementation. Also I haven't seen any suggestions by either govt about when they might lift the mandatory 14 days quarantine for citizens and residents returning from overseas. Even if other countries start opening up sooner, that restriction alone would put the kibosh on all but the most urgent outbound travel.

So reading between the lines I can't see how there will be any real travel between Aus/NZ and the rest of the world at least until 2021. Hope I'm wrong about that.

• Like 1

In UK the News was it will be at least 12 months before the over 60's can travel overseas again..  +  Insurance Companies saying NO over 60's overseas travel Insurance will be available..

Guess will be a while before the OAP will come back or winter here ?

• Sad 1