Aviation authority announces new timings for airports in Thailand

webfact

5 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

International flights will be allowed June 1 st ? With what requirements ? A  letter from doctors within 72 hours you don,t have the virus ? Where in Seattle for example am i to find this test ? Asking for things that are NOT possible to get in any countries. Expect foreigners to come back? Better have the tests ready on arrival at the airport in Bangkok. No one is going to bother with all the visa etc etc hassles.

Then I guess you will not be coming

5 hours ago, gearbox said:

I think they may allow only flights from countries with low rate of infections like China, South Korea and Japan, which are probably the biggest sources of tourists. Even then they will be restricted to places like Samui and Phuket which are easier to control if there is an outbreak.

By the looks of it my reentry permit will expire September unused...

you must have missed the general/s report a few weeks a go he is sending the first lot of Chinese to Chaing Mai

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, LukKrueng said:

Where did you find the restrictions information? Or did you just make them up and got upset about your ideas?

As for tests upon arrival - how would you like to fly all the way from Seattle just to fail the test and get sent back on the same airplane??

Try getting it before you leave then 

2 hours ago, damascase said:

Where do you read that international flights will be allowed from June 1st? The current ban might well be continued for a while.....,

They will be allowed, I have an international flight booking with Air Asia for June 1st from a neighboring country to DMK (Dom Muang international airport). But I just wonder like everybody else what the requirements will be. The Air Asia office in the city where I am is actually closed at the moment and their web site does not mention the requirements.

2 hours ago, niebla said:

Will there be a plan for people planning to retire in Thailand in 2021? For example an American living in Hong Kong, planning to retire in Thailand in 2021.

The new normal includes postponing retirement age to 75.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Shocked farang said:

They will be allowed, I have an international flight booking with Air Asia for June 1st from a neighboring country to DMK (Dom Muang international airport). But I just wonder like everybody else what the requirements will be. The Air Asia office in the city where I am is actually closed at the moment and their web site does not mention the requirements.

That will probably be decided at the very last minute, as usual.

Assuming that they would lift the requirement for a virus-free certificate and a 100k USD insurance, the least you might expect would be a 14 day quarantine.

It is extremely unlikely that they will simply remove all restrictions 20 days from now, when we are still not even able to walk on a beach or visit a shopping center.

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

For many of us the more pressing question will be when the Australian government open up their airports for people like us  gone there and who reside and have families in Thailand to come back to as there are no plans to do so soon or the foreseeable future... 

From MSN.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/travel/news/international-travel-won-t-be-an-option-until-2021-at-the-earliest-according-to-a-survey-of-australian-economists-with-one-big-exception/ar-BB13ynRj?fbclid=IwAR22ZXhT4divIFJD1urrzplvnMBOa-Fs6v8uV3ELvbVvby7T93tjj1rCZZM

5 hours ago, lkv said:

Dat is het idee. Ze willen er een soort Bhutan van maken.

Stel je voor dat vuile buitenlanders proberen te ontsnappen uit hun geïnfecteerde landen, om naar begeerde vrije plaatsen zoals Thailand te komen.

Er moeten radicale maatregelen worden genomen om het Koninkrijk te beschermen.

Grap terzijde, ik verwacht visumvrijstelling en visum bij aankomst opschorting tot oktober.

Ik hoop dat ik het mis heb.

Radical or racial measures? I didn't understand you well!

I think, and it’s only my guess, is that some kind of easing entry for foreigners will start either June 1 or thereabouts.

i also think that when it does eventually reopen it will be very slow... I think they will first start with foreigners who have a work permit, hold s SMART visa (those are BOI based visas) or Permanent Residents.. the reason I think this is because when the first “ban” on non-national entering Thailand came into effect there was a very small carve-out exception, and it was for these classes of folks... and thinking about it, this makes sense.

Work permit holders are currently and an active part of the Thai economy.. SMART visa holders are part of a BOI-governed business which are fairly high value/impact to the economy and permanent residents are the closest thing to a Thai national as you can get.  Again, these were the same folks who got exempted before - so at some level the government recognizes different different classes of foreigners. 

i do think they’ll keep the COVID test mandate, the “Fit to Fly” PLUS the $100K insurance mandates - I myself don’t think keeping these requirements in place would be done explicitly to discourage foreigners to reenter, but is in part to satisfying the “paperwork” urge that tends to be pervasive in officialdom.  I’ll also bet the mandatory 14-day (foreigner paid) quarantine will also be applied.

What I myself think makes more sense is to administer the test (foreigner paid) right there at the airport - be that blood-based testing or otherwise - to everyone... then quarantine (for as long as test processing requires) everyone until the test comes back.  If it’s negative, you’re free to go.. if positive, then you go to medical (at your expense) 

this to me makes sense.. there’s no real financial “loss” to the government as testing and any quarantine is paid for by the foreigner — and once you’ve determined, by testing- not just observation, they are negative I can’t see any additional risk to the general public. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, lexilis said:

The plane is an Airbus A320. You can verify at : https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=a320+images

If you look at the photos of the A320 the out casing is round. Look carefully at the photo of the unidentified plane and you will see the casing is slightly flat at the bottom. Is I think a 737 as I have seen 737 engines like this.

s508090065_ScreenShot2020-05-11at9_40_34am.png.7174d12c5bfa5f96332f692a8d0a91a6.png

Edited by Dazinoz

44 minutes ago, Shocked farang said:

A booking isn't a flight yet, can be changed easily.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

International flights will be allowed June 1 st ? With what requirements ? A  letter from doctors within 72 hours you don,t have the virus ? Where in Seattle for example am i to find this test ? Asking for things that are NOT possible to get in any countries. Expect foreigners to come back? Better have the tests ready on arrival at the airport in Bangkok. No one is going to bother with all the visa etc etc hassles.

are you making this up, or you have information no-one else has., and i mean No-one

6 hours ago, Upnotover said:

How is that curfew working out?

Quite confusing if you fly in on a flight to say Surat Thani, or Chiang Mai, at 11pm since they now close at midnight, but then what do you do wait until the morning after 5 am to leave the facility.  If you left after you arrived you would be in violation of the curfew, but then how can you stay in a closed airport....I now have a headache....

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

These requirements were cancelled when all international arrival flights into Thsiland were stopped. When Thailand opens the borders they will publish new entry requirements, which may or may not be the same as the ones quoted in the link.

Know expats in thailand booked flights cancelled with no explanations best advice to book day before and only direct with airline website

am in ireland have to get back in july had a return flight booked thru agent now missing so cant recover airline say you must contact agent to reschedule flight

16 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Quite confusing if you fly in on a flight to say Surat Thani, or Chiang Mai, at 11pm since they now close at midnight, but then what do you do wait until the morning after 5 am to leave the facility.  If you left after you arrived you would be in violation of the curfew, but then how can you stay in a closed airport....I now have a headache....

Obviously they wouldn’t allow a flight to land that would break any curfew or law.

1 hour ago, wensiensheng said:

No mention of Phuket?

Maybe Phuket has been declared a Chernobyl type zone.   

Once Thai authorities determine the half life of COVID-19 they can give a Phuket opening update.  ????

• Haha 2

only totally stupid idioty fly to europe now, thailand have lot lot better country stay and lot safety than any europe country now corona virus. problem. all asian have better than idiot western countries. finland and sweden have worst country go now, finland hqas fail all safe citicens, sweden no safe sweden think need corona come ewery people and then looking who live or not. finland lot same goverment no matter how many citicen die no want do anythink ,new PM have idiot woman.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Huckenfell said:

Try getting it before you leave then 

Ummm... I reacted to a post saying it's gonna be impossible to get tested at the origin, say Seattle, and the suggestion in that post to have Thai authorities test passengers upon arrival. 

7 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

yes testing at airport is the only possibility, same as big C just take temperature that will do fine, hey it is just a flue for healthy people it is about time to stop the circus

• Sad 2