No plans to separate Trump, Pence despite White House coronavirus cases: source

webfact

Will we see an end to the culture war in the White House over face masks. Trump seem to relent on Friday and said certain staff members have started to wear masks. Will Trump eat humble pie and wear a mask? Tune in for another episode of 'As the tide turns in the White House'. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mama Noodle said:

So you can not detect covid 19 during the incubation period? 

The Abott lab 15min tests, they are using in the White House, have a failure rate of 15 to 25%. You can detect during the incubation period but they are only testing once in 24 hours if a daily test is done. There are German fast tests which have 99% accuracy but Trump prefers American tests.

Edited by Estrada
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I believe the White House is giving "snap" tests (results known in minutes) instead of the molecular test that can take days to analyze. The former can have a false negative 15-20% of tests given regardless of who is taking the test.

Furthermore it seems (to me at least) a question as to the adequacy of the tests being given in the White House as the government at the very beginning of increasing infections in the nation rushed to approve upwards of 25 different test potions without extensive analysis of their detection capability. If the White House is using multiple test sources the accuracy of those tests could be virtually unpredictable and thus worthless.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Mama Noodle said:

Why is this newsworthy when they continually test negative? 

Thanks for that.

Off to get HIV test and gain lifetime immunity.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Mama Noodle said:

How long does it take before an infected person can pass/fail a covid test? 

the science is not yet at the point where we can know with a high degree of certainty.

if i'm not misteaken, the covid test will check for antibodies, that could be produced by the body from 1-3 weeks after infection, during which time an asymptomatic person would likely be infectious.

10 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

the science is not yet at the point where we can know with a high degree of certainty.

if i'm not misteaken, the covid test will check for antibodies, that could be produced by the body from 1-3 weeks after infection, during which time an asymptomatic person would likely be infectious.

There a variety of different kinds of different CV tests with different methods and different purposes.

The original primary RT-PCR test is a diagnostic test that looks for RNA elements for the active virus in body fluids/secretions. It supposedly can detect an infection relatively early on.

https://www.fda.gov/media/136151/download

Then there are antibody tests, which measure the body's antibody reaction to the virus, which I believe tends to be somewhat later in surfacing typically.

And then there are various others at well, including those aimed at detecting past infestions... I dunno, what exact type they're using for the White House folks.

But if I remember right, the various research docs I've read tend to suggest that the CV can be most infectious just prior to the surface of symptoms, and then in the few days after the start of visible symptoms.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

They spend millions of dollars on security for top government officials. And those two don't even wear masks when they are going around.  They should be more careful. They are in the wrong age group for covid.

• Thanks 1

On 5/11/2020 at 7:46 AM, Mama Noodle said:

Why is this newsworthy when they continually test negative? 

Well, they are the leaders of the country. Maybe you would like some news about how much they are 'fleecing' regular Americans right now (working class). Or maybe the continued favortism towards the wealthy

Oh, did I mentioned the rampant inablity to be a leader? #greedy #rich #apathethic #liar

It is interesting to notice how America's reaction along with it's leader being able to handle this pandemic versus other countries.

People continuing to defend Trump, ( I did slightly for about a week), are quite the characters are they not? And yes, I am talking in generalities..