Does the 90 day report reset when you do your 1 yr extension.

There is a 6 week gap between my last report (actually a return to swampy in Feb) and my renewing my

1 yr extension in April. Will my next 90 day be in May or July. Yes I know due to Covid 19 there is no report

needed until July...but in normal times, what is the answer. Also how many days in advance can you do your 90

day online/in person.

Thanks.

No. Has nothing to do with it. Online 2 weeks. But look at the description there. You can do it only in a certain time window. 

Edited by Oldie
  • Thanks 1

Getting my one year extension a few years ago at the Chonburi IO did not reset my 90 day reporting.  I went in 90 days after getting the extension to report and got a firm talking to by the Immigration Officer at the 90 Day reporting desk.  I showed him my extension date and told him I thought that reset the 90 day reporting.  He said NO! You must come see me at this desk.  After apologizing in both English and in Thai he said OK he will not fine me.

Edited by SLG
Misspelling
  • Thanks 2

On 5/11/2020 at 4:07 PM, ubonjoe said:

It is due in this month unless your local office did a new report when you applied in April and there would be slip in your passport showing a the new report date. Only the first extension of stay application is considered as equal to doing a 90 day report.

My immigration office restarts the 90-day report with each yearly extension of stay.  Been doing that for a few years now.  Sisaket.

At Jomtien one year when I renewed my retirement Visa it was about 3 days before my 90 day report.  They kindly told me to renew my 90 day report or i would face a fine if I came back in 90 days as the extension of a Visa had nothing to do with the 90 day reporting. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Like so many things it depends on the office.  My immigration office (Phetchabun) renews the 90 day when you do the extension.   But I always think it is funny because the officer makes a big deal that he is doing for me. Even when I told him I would be leaving the country weeks before I needed to do another 90 day report.  It didn't matter to him he did it anyway and put the slip of paper in my passport.

I would rather them be overly helpful than not helpful enough so that is one good thing about the Phetchabun office.  I shouldn't say it that way.  Phetchabun is a great office but almost no English is spoken by the staff.   Almost everyone that uses the office has a Thai wife that does all the talking.  Everytime I go in I am always asked the same question. Where is your wife? in Thai of course.  I say mai mee mia and they look at me like why on earth are you in Phetchabun?  Always get a laugh out of the look on their faces.

3 hours ago, SLG said:

Getting my one year extension a few years ago at the Chonburi IO did not reset my 90 day reporting.  I went in 90 days after getting the extension to report and got a firm talking to by the Immigration Officer at the 90 Day reporting desk.  I showed him my extension date and told him I thought that reset the 90 day reporting.  He said NO! You must come see me at this desk.  After apologizing in both English and in Thai he said OK he will not fine me.

Any IO who tries to fine me for not reporting before the 31st July will hear me loud and clear. The notice posted here at least twice here on TV is made very clear.

Edited by possum1931

10 hours ago, Max69xl said:
On 5/11/2020 at 9:11 PM, zzzzz said:

PHUKET<

every 1 year extension restarts your 90 day report

No,it doesn't. 

Yes it does.

That has been the practice at Phuket for years. In fact, they won't give a 90 day reporting date beyond an upcoming extension date as they automatically renew the report at that time. (I don't know what happens with on line applications as mine doesn't work)

Despite being several weeks overdue for a report when I did my 12 month extension last week, they renewed my report slip with a date in August (90 days).

Any poster, or regional IO, who thinks that a personal visit to apply for an extension doesn't equate to a report, is delusional. Phuket office gets it right.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 5/11/2020 at 9:11 PM, zzzzz said:

PHUKET<

every 1 year extension restarts your 90 day report

17 hours ago, Antifreeze said:

That is correct. 

Can't speak specifically for Phuket but I know that is not always the case. The first 1 year extension on an Entry/permit to Stay is regarded as a 90 day report, but subsequent ones are not.

56 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Any poster, or regional IO, who thinks that a personal visit to apply for an extension doesn't equate to a report, is delusional.

I would say that Phuket and a few other offices are in the minority and are actually the offices not following the rules.

From the immigration website. "5. The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days."

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I would say that Phuket and a few other offices are in the minority and are actually the offices not following the rules.

From the immigration website. "5. The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days."

My statement about how Phuket does 90 day reports is correct, even if some think they are not following the rules. The key word is Phuket.

Legislated discretionary powers, for better or worse, are widely used by IOs in this country.

Section 37 (5) seems to support my assertation that a face to face meeting with an IO does constitute a report, although it does state it should be in writing (TM47). In fact it even states reporting your address to a local police station is also deemed to be a report.

The Legislation (Act of Parliament) is the framework for the entry and stay of aliens in the kingdom.

Policy, procedures, guidelines, etc., allow flexibility and usability within that framework. Policy may not always seem to follow the strict letter of the legislation, but that doesn't mean it's incorrect.

Khon Kaen Immigration always requires a 90 days report with form and copies when doing an extension even if the 90 days report isn't due yet. And you get the slip with the next date for 90 days report too.
I think that's convenient when you don't leave the country: You have one date for extension and 90 days report and three other dates for 90 days reports within one year.

Edited by willi2006
typo
  • Like 1

On 5/12/2020 at 8:34 PM, Max69xl said:

No,it doesn't. 

It does in Phuket.

We've even got a drive-through for 90 day reports.

Don't have to get out of your car or off your bike.

????

On 5/12/2020 at 8:37 PM, Max69xl said:

It's not correct. If leaving Thailand and re-enter,then the 90 days count is reset.

Except in Phuket.

I went there today for my extension. Took me 8 minutes.

I'll report back tomorrow about my new 90 day report.

3 hours ago, essox essox said:

your 90 days start from the time you re enter the country.....end of story.....

Different storey in Phuket. ????

They're quite switched-on down here.

Photographed me and finger-printed me: both hands and both thumbs. I'd better behave.

11 hours ago, willi2006 said:

Khon Kaen Immigration always requires a 90 days report with form and copies when doing an extension even if the 90 days report isn't due yet. And you get the slip with the next date for 90 days report too.
I think that's convenient when you don't leave the country: You have one date for extension and 90 days report and three other dates for 90 days reports within one year.

"with form and copies"

Phuket hasn't required the form in years. I think they have computers. ????