Thailand tourist arrivals may fall by as much as 65% in 2020 due to virus outbreak

snoop1130

39 minutes ago, Tounge Thaied said:

I suspect the thai "authorities" have figured out that people are not dying in the massive numbers that was touted by the media and was attempted to be predicted by computer models. The "experts" got it all wrong. And, I suspect that Thai doctors were not "incentivized" financially or pressured/advised to diagnosis Covid19 based upon signs/symptoms alone. Countries like Italy and America are diagnosing Covid19 erroneously, based on symptoms alone. I'll let you come to your own conclusion why that is. I see that Thailand has handled this whole "pandemic" very well. They did not over react in the beginning, made reasonable lock down rules, based upon the fear models by the WHO and are now realizing this is not the emergency we were all led to believe it is or was going to be. IMO, other countries have high numbers because they are creating those numbers. We now know that Covid19 is not as deadly as even the Flu. And I see it as a good thing that everyone doesn't get tested. Those tests do no test for the specific SARSCoV2 virus. There are too many false positives and negatives on that test. The test is nearly completely unreliable. Just read the fine print in the image... way too many caveats for this test to provide any fundamental basis of diagnostic efficacy. 

Covid19 Test Results.jpg

Tell that to my best mate who lost his mum and sister to COVID within a week of them catching it 

Where is this so-called second wave going to come from exactly ?Can't possibly be by sea as the beaches are closed. There are still a couple hundred hookers ( I mean hostesses ) being repatriated this week from UAE but they've already been quarantined and tested and fully certified grade A....then quarantined another 14 days on arrival. Darn, forgot what I was rambling about ...Oh yeah second wave will come from China when they allow flights from China to resume...then what ? 

32 minutes ago, Greg O said:

Where is this so-called second wave going to come from exactly ?Can't possibly be by sea as the beaches are closed.

lol, it aint gunna be an invasion on normandy style arrival.... the ports are open and ships are arriving.

Edited by Don Mega

Where is this so-called second wave going to come from exactly ?Can't possibly be by sea as the beaches are closed. There are still a couple hundred hookers ( I mean hostesses ) being repatriated this week from UAE but they've already been quarantined and tested and fully certified grade A....then quarantined another 14 days on arrival. Darn, forgot what I was rambling about ...Oh yeah second wave will come from China when they allow flights from China to resume...then what ? 

It feels like a god damn prison now when you can not get in and out the country.  Don't care who is coming as long as border is open.  Give every one who comes in a corona virus test and 14 day quarantine.  That should be enough.

• Like 1

Someone high up in the echelons is going to do a dance that will surely bring the tourists, just as it did the rain. Its not just Thailand, international tourism is non existent and will be until a vaccine can be found....or countries allow restriction free travel and sod the virus

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

So your OK with no stores stocking imported western food, no western restaurants, and no hookers selling to white folk?

Sounds good, thought most hookers where selling to Indians though, two for one customers that is....

13 hours ago, izod10 said:

There will be more scares,if second wave occurs,time for departure,I could not face it all again

But where will you go? Same situation in other countries as well.. 

And second wave will come unless there is a miracle vaccine or treatment. 

35 minutes ago, baansgr said:

Someone high up in the echelons is going to do a dance that will surely bring the tourists, just as it did the rain. Its not just Thailand, international tourism is non existent and will be until a vaccine can be found....or countries allow restriction free travel and sod the virus

Good luck getting an effective and safe vaccine soon.. countries will have to find a new solution to protect vulnerable people while not destroying the economy.

I guess it is good to have the dirty Farangs now!!!!

Tourism industry is not standing for 11% GDP. Maybe the direct income is 11%, but the indirect income such is it's affect on developing industry and etc will bring it to 20 or maybe 30% of total GDP.

Thailand will waive the insurance and 14 day quarantine requirement if it wants too.  I think Thailand will.  It is logical that Europeans and Americans will not come soon because of the long distance and high infection rate there.

Chinese and other asians should come.  Soon I hope, otherwise where do you think Thai tourist industry is headed?

Im ready to jump on the first thing smoking back to Thailand so I can be with my wife. This lock down has been the most ridicules thing Ive ever seen in my life not just in Thailand its everywhere. Im 62 yo and ready to go no fear if your afraid stay sheltered in place in your home or apartment until the cows come home. Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness know what Im saying Thailand!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Greg O said:

what exactly is second wave? You pretty much can call anything second wave.  Is a single new case considered a second wave?  If not, how many?  Can anyone be specific about it??

Let us get back to our life and it is economical issue by now!  Is it still not clear at this point in time?  How many people get killed (55) and how many get infected (3000)?  Time to loosen up Thailand.  There are a lot cheaper way to get that kind of results!!

• Like 1

Again with the negative artical I guess you are smart guy?? No tourist?? How about 99% no tourist.  Thank you corona!!!

Thailand will come back strong if everyone stay positive and work hard to keep prices cheap and customer service good.  You need help ?? Contact me  ????

9 minutes ago, Greg O said:

No worries normal precautions how long have you been alive on this planet and have survived other illnesses that have originated from all over the world, youll be ok! I have no fears if Thailand requires I wear a mask for now to return to Thailand Ill do it. Gloves to board a flight no problem just let me get flying again.