Early end to U.S. state lockdowns could cause needless 'suffering and death' - Fauci

webfact

13 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

This is silly, you don't deflect back to the main topic, it is the MAIN TOPIC, you may wan' to deflect away from it, now that makes sense.

You guys have a hard time with words apparently. Dude asked why governors are being attacked by Trump, implying they are not doing anything wrong and Big Bad Trump is doing all the wrong. 

I answered, and gave a specific example that accounts for a specific 5,000++ deaths of our most venerable people as a direct result of a governors response to the virus, written via executive order. 

Dude then deflects and wants to get back on the thread topic when faced with legitimate criticism. 

Theres scores of dead that are of no fault of Trumps, and the direct responsibility of local governors, and anyone who denies that deserves no serious consideration. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

It would have been a better post if you had skipped on the Fauci abuse at the start. "A shrill for big Pharma" sorry I had credited you - based on previous posts - as someone who would be too smart to fall for that Conspiracy Theory nonsense. Yes he earns a lot, so do millions of others in his very senior position - so what. 

It is always toughest for those at the bottom of the pile, and the US has put vast effort into increasing the gap between the rich and the poor IMHO. It would be wonderful if covid only attacked the rich creeps who are trying to open the economy for their own financial benefit, but it mainly decimates the poor. Trump obviously doesn't  give a tinkers cuss for dead people of any sort if he gets re-elected. But it is very unwise to invite massive increases in Covid deaths by opening up too soon. Yes people need work, but I think it simply comes to a choice between great hardship for a while longer and a hugely increased chance of being dead (For you and others) for a while longer. Your economy or my life, my economy or your life........ difficult?

Well, if it provides you with any consolation, I consider nearly all US doctors to be shrills for big pharma. Let me ask you one question. When was the last time you visited a doctor in the US, who DID NOT write a prescription? Nothing to do with a conspiracy theory. I am NOT a Trump supporter, on any level. It is just that I discredit the US health care system, to a tremendous degree. And I despise the CDC, and the FDA. Fauci is doing his best (likely with the encouragement of Big Pharma) to discourage trying any medicines which have not undergone a clinical study (like generics, which are far less profitable, and again, with the involvement of the FDA, which oversees these tests), even if it means letting people die. He has very, very little of my respect, and none of my admiration. And I do not consider him a saint. 

And the US will not be putting any effort into decreasing that gap between the rich and the poor. It is moving precisely in the opposite direction, and has been since Reagan. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

A post using an inflammatory "Derp" has been removed.  Continue to use that term in reply to other members and a warning will be issued. 

A post using a trolling image has been removed.

An off topic post that has been posted in another topic has been removed.  Please do not cross post the same comment across multiple topics. 

Dont people realize Fauchi is a political hack its easy to see who all of his associates are. How many people are loosing everything theyve worked hard for, cant put food on the table no govt bailout for everyone. Kids not able to attend school. You have to dig deeper this guy is the problem who is he what is he hes been a politician his whole career. Dont fall for it.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 4

6 hours ago, Mama Noodle said:

The only place it says "Needless" suffering and death is in the headline. 

Fauci's actual quote is:

Everyone knows this already as well. Nothing new. But staying locked down indefinitely is not an option. 

it's not a trick.   appears thaivisa copy-n-pasted from the google results, not from the article.

that headline is from a link to yesterday's report that DID use that exact quote.  the article was updated after the senate appearance, but not attached to a new link.  put the headline into the googles and you get the old headline, but get sent to the updated reuters article:

California cancels fall university classes as Fauci warns of reopening too soon

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-usa/premature-end-to-u-s-state-lockdowns-could-cause-needless-death-fauci-tells-senators-idUSKBN22O1Y7