Panel considers reducing curfew hours as part of lockdown easing

webfact

A bit more clarity and some more relaxation on the inter-provincial travel situation would probably go a long way further than shortening the curfew by an hour. At the moment inter-provincial travel is not banned but "discouraged", although, people are traveling and there are ad-hoc checkpoints which seem to be randomly manned or not depending on the time of day etc. Also, minivans are still operating for trips under 300km and there are reports about how many should be in a car or bus (if there are working in that area or not) plus different regulations according to which governor's fiefdom you are in depending on where you are going to and where you are coming from ... and on and on. I see the locals are pretty much traveling as they see fit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, zzzzz said:

why?
without bars, late night restaurants open, not much point in staying out past 9pm.
rather see them open the beaches

No discussions on allowing alcohol in restaurants yet I guess?

Where did 4am come from anyway? The wholesale market near me opens at 3am because that's what is necessary to get breakfast to people working the fields at dawn. The local authorities have the sense to leave them be.

• Like 1

It has been lovely and quiet after 10 PM but that is very selfish of me. In a big, dynamic bustling city as Bangkok was, there is no room for curfews. Life is a twenty-four hour affair. Why impose a curfew on those who can still "boogie". 

Back in 1960s Pubs etc in Scotand had to close by 10pm. Patrons then had 10 mins to drink up and go hame. This resulted in large orders just before closing and a rush to avoid wasting drink already paid for. This resulted in increased drunkenness and associated crime.

liberaisation in 1980s resulted in the same amount being drunk over a longer time. Drunkenness and crime reduced substantially almost over night.

I suggest that imposing further restrictions will result in a similar increase in crime

awa7 back in