Aussie expat launches ambitious bid to host Mike Tyson fight in Thailand

webfact

Fantastic.

Let's work to glamorize violence, showing how it can make people get rich and famous - using an old man who, in his time, has proved that such aggression and rape fit together nicely.

Where better to host this barbaric display than in the Muay Thai capital - will they bend the rules to allow headbutting and biting as well as kicking?

Why not make it more fun, give them some baseball bats with nails in them. Let's have some REAL sport, instead of pussyfooting around with stupid 'beat the <deleted> out of him safely' bull.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Why Me said:

Great guy by the way. Super smart, articulate and humble.

Sure, the greatest ever boxer in his own words, don't leave him alone with your wife. If you complain after he rapes her, he'll just bite your ears off.

Great guy. Where do you come from? Remind me never to go there...

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, keith101 said:

I am a huge boxing fan but wouldn't pay 1 satang to go and see this Ahole fight after biting off an ear .

And as a convicted rapist should not be allowed into Thailand .

His been to Thailand worked in HANGOVER movie

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Tyson is a really good guy. He has made some mistakes, but he has more than made amends for them. That is all you can ask of a decent man. He is hugely entertaining, very funny, clever, and charming. I would love to see a show like this. Of course it would not be highly competitive, as he is 53. But, he has great entertainment value, and I enjoy seeing him do well at this stage of his life. 

I never believed the rape charges. He was set up. The fact that he was convicted by a jury means very little to me. The US judicial system is hugely unreliable. "Guilty! Guilty! Guilty! This was the shocking verdict handed down by 12 jurors when found ex-heavyweight boxing champion Mike Tyson guilty of rape. But was Tyson, dubbed "the baddest man on the planet," really guilty or was he railroaded into prison by a scorned lover, an inept defense counsel, an overzealous prosecutor, a pro-prosecution judge, and an out-of-control jury that simply guessed at his guilt? I am 99% sure that is what happened. 

This is a quote from a relatively recent interview on the subject, which is very accurate, with regard to the US justice system. "I didn’t have a good image at the time and was very foul-mouthed. It’s just stereotypes. If you’re big, black, and strong, you’re a rapist; if you’re smart and Jewish, you’re a tax cheat; if you’re an Italian in a nice suit, you’re a gangster; if you’re a Latino, you’re having a bunch of babies and making money off welfare. These are stereotypes, and we get convicted in this country based on these stereotypes.”

Biting off part of Holyfield's ear was dumb. He claims it was in response to a head butt, at the time. He has acknowledged that he was out of line, and apologized to Evander, who accepted the apology as the gracious man he is. We all mess up from time to time. This guy came from the ghetto, to world fame, and that can mess with a man's head. But he has represented himself well, since his boxing years, and many would love to see him again. 

Tyson has always been a child-minded adult. He was found guilty and he did have enough money to pay her off, like most do.Yes, the criminal justice system is corrupt in the US, just like everywhere else, especially this country. If you have money, you can get away with most anything. Just like OJ, but like OJ, it catches up eventually. Biting Holyfield's ear is just another show of Tyson's bad behavior. He's one of the best fighters in history, and he has grown up a bit since then. If he wants to fight,and it's making money for charity, let him fight.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, webfact said:

“I came up with the idea of FIGHT FOR FAMILY, a series where Thai prisoners fight foreigners (non prisoners) and the winner of the fights to hopefully get a reduced sentence, raise money for their family and then upon release give them a chance of fighting for a  Muay Thai world title.”

“After 2 years we got the approval from the Corrections Department for this series and a shot at Netflix picking up the show BUT I wanted Mike Tyson as the host,” Dean said. 

“I contacted his wife who asked me to liaise with his LA Management company

“I contacted his wife who asked me to liaise with his LA Management company"

Sounds like a fanciful chancer!  His contacts are so good he was brushed-off and told to speak to Tyson's management.

Plenty of non-committal "coulds" and "would plan tos" here...

"A Mike Tyson charity fight in Thailand “could assist the Thai economy with proceeds generated being donated back into the Kingdom to those in need”, Dean said".

Yeah, right.

"Any such fight in Thailand would benefit Mike's charity PLUS the majority of proceeds of the fight and Pay Per View, would plan to put back into the Thai economy to help the recovery, Dean added".

Yeah, right.

6 minutes ago, oslooskar said:

Mike Tyson will be 54 years old next month! So, as far as I'm concerned anyone who is behind his comeback should be tarred and feathered and run out of town.

Booooooooooooooring...........????

12 minutes ago, Bob A Kneale said:

“I contacted his wife who asked me to liaise with his LA Management company"

Sounds like a fanciful chancer!  His contacts are so good he was brushed-off and told to speak to Tyson's management.

Plenty of non-committal "coulds" and "would plan tos" here...

"A Mike Tyson charity fight in Thailand “could assist the Thai economy with proceeds generated being donated back into the Kingdom to those in need”, Dean said".

Yeah, right.

"Any such fight in Thailand would benefit Mike's charity PLUS the majority of proceeds of the fight and Pay Per View, would plan to put back into the Thai economy to help the recovery, Dean added".

Yeah, right.

He didn't come up with the idea either, the whole prison fight theme with a chance of early parole for prisoners fighting against foreign boxers had already been done to death and already had a documentary aired about it a few years ago.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, herwin1234 said:

" FIGHTFOR FAMILY ;Thai inmates fighting foreigners. "

YIKES what a disgusting lowlife gutter idea... anything for money, right?

Why not, what do you do for money....?

Just now, herwin1234 said:

" FIGHTFOR FAMILY ;Thai inmates fighting foreigners. "

YIKES what a disgusting lowlife gutter idea... anything for money, right?

Anything that helps a charity is a good idea, as long as no one innocents hurt. Letting them beat the hell out of each other is entertainment. A lot of people do a lot of bad things for money, and they usually end up as millionaires or doctors, so this isn't a bad thing.

Its a fight for charity , not the WBF title !!

But believe me,, he is still strong for a 50+ year old..

The one who's the champ now ( Joshua ) aint a champ like Holyfield or Lewis.

He's meat for TYSON.

1 hour ago, Bob A Kneale said:

What?   Who are you referring to, can't be Tyson..."super smart and articulate"? 

Yes. He is quite smart. When is the last time you have seen him interviewed? He is funny and quick minded. He is a real charmer. I love the guy, and would love to see more of him. And yes, he has come a long way. He has matured alot, and is a kind hearted man. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Omg the guy is a rock, if you know you boxing history there's Forman who mad a great late comeback and sorry just my point of view he had nowhere near the skill or mental forsee of Mike. All I say is I think you will be surprised at how strong physically and mentally iron Mike is. 

My money is on mike????????????????

6 minutes ago, Dazauz said:

Omg the guy is a rock, if you know you boxing history there's Forman who mad a great late comeback and sorry just my point of view he had nowhere near the skill or mental forsee of Mike. All I say is I think you will be surprised at how strong physically and mentally iron Mike is. 

My money is on mike????????????????

I\m 63 now, and haven't yet found a decent gym here in south Sisaket province,but still strong for any age. I was in the best shape of my life near 50, with Olympic lifts (squat,deadlift and bench) over 1400 lbs natural. Believe me, if you've trained most of your life, you lose some,but not everything. 50 isn't near old. I'd rather take on 2 muay thai fighters than Tyson.

• Like 2

On 5/14/2020 at 3:16 PM, UbonThani said:

rubbish

he's 10x stronger than some 40kg kid

ive sparred with an ex world champ muay thai

his kicks not half as powerful as a tyson punch

laughable to suggest some 16yo thai kid can kick harder than Tyson can punch

the kid would break his leg

Have you sparred with Mike Tyson too?

Also, sparring is not full power. 

However, it is silly to suggest a 16 year old would have anywhere near the power and experience to beat Tyson.

14 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I\m 63 now, and haven't yet found a decent gym here in south Sisaket province,but still strong for any age. I was in the best shape of my life near 50, with Olympic lifts (squat,deadlift and bench) over 1400 lbs natural. Believe me, if you've trained most of your life, you lose some,but not everything. 50 isn't near old. I'd rather take on 2 muay thai fighters than Tyson.

I think that's true. Most people who've trained or practices some sort of sport still retain some skill with age, or be it on a diminishing scale to their prime. 

I'm 63 too. I was still practicing martial arts regularly up to 52. Even now I train fairly regularly, cardio, strength and some martial arts. 

Sure the speed, power, flexibility, and recovery rate diminish. Two years ago I took my teenage daughter on a course taught by some very good martial artists here - experienced in Filipino martial arts and karate. They, and I, were surprised at what I could do. The muscle memory, reactions, stances, and fundamentals don't seem to diminish as much as I thought they would.

I ready a report that Tyson would fight the NZ rugby player and former boxer Sonny Bill Williams. Many comments from boxing fans - all predicting Tyson would demolish him!

Even in my prime, training hard several times a week, black belt standard; and with practical experience in the night club industry over several years, I wouldn't have fancied fighting an experienced professional boxer of Tyson's standard. Even an old retired one. Those guys can take it as well as give it out.

Edited by Baerboxer

On 5/14/2020 at 8:54 AM, Captain Monday said:

Tyson is 53. Put him in the ring with a decent 16 year old Muay Thai kid Mike would get knocked out.

Really? I wouldn't be so sure about that, he will obviously not be as fast as he was but i would not expect him to be weak. He had vicious power that made the bets boxers in the world tremble, he doesn't have to be at his absolute peak to be a serious challenge for all but the very best. 

6 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

I think that's true. Most people who've trained or practices some sort of sport still retain some skill with age, or be it on a diminishing scale to their prime. 

I'm 63 too. I was still practicing martial arts regularly up to 52. Even now I train fairly regularly, cardio, strength and some martial arts. 

Sure the speed, power, flexibility, and recovery rate diminish. Two years ago I took my teenage daughter on a course taught by some very good martial artists here - experienced in Filipino martial arts and karate. They, and I, were surprised at what I could do. The muscle memory, reactions, stances, and fundamentals don't seem to diminish as much as I thought they would.

I ready a report that Tyson would fight the NZ rugby player and former boxer Sonny Bill Williams. Many comments from boxing fans - all predicting Tyson would demolish him!

Even in my prime, training hard several times a week, black belt standard; and with practical experience in the night club industry over several years, I wouldn't have fancied fighting an experienced professional boxer of Tyson's standard. Even an old retired one. Those guys can take it as well as give it out.

Ditto. I could do better with a good gym, but don't push it near as hard. My joints have taken a beating with all the weight I lifted. I only weighed 175 in best shape. Now everything hurts lol

Just now, GAZZPA said:

Really? I wouldn't be so sure about that, he will obviously not be as fast as he was but i would not expect him to be weak. He had vicious power that made the bets boxers in the world tremble, he doesn't have to be at his absolute peak to be a serious challenge for all but the very best. 

A 16 yr old,and up to 19, muay thai fighter.doesn't have the power even a middleweight boxer has. Most don't train with much weight, relying on speed. Yes, a light muay thai fighter can cut you with speed, but you hit them and you're a weight trainer with power, they'll be down.

7 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

A 16 yr old,and up to 19, muay thai fighter.doesn't have the power even a middleweight boxer has. Most don't train with much weight, relying on speed. Yes, a light muay thai fighter can cut you with speed, but you hit them and you're a weight trainer with power, they'll be down.

I think so too. I have no doubt Tyson would demolish a lighter fighter, the big question is how would he stand up against a heavy weight today? I think he could probably give most a good beating but he wouldn't hold a title today obviously.

5 hours ago, Mick501 said:

Tyson made his mistakes, but that rape trial was a farce.  He was represented by Don Kings non criminal lawyer.   Evidence from two girls who said that the victim was all over him and wanted to bonk him was excluded.  Plenty info around about it if you're have any interest beyond the cursory.

As for Evander, awesome fighter, but serial head butter.  No doubt he was on top, but had thrown plenty of head butts in that fight too.  Disgraceful act by Tyson, but not completely unprovoked.

Holyfield did roids