Three actresses lodge complaint of sexual harassment on social media

webfact

Three actresses lodge complaint of sexual harassment on social media

By THE NATION

800_ac19839c81b28a9.jpg?v=1589510448

Three actresses on Thursday (May 14) have accused an unknown individual of sexual harassment on social media.

Actresses Patsita “Grace” Athianantasak, Pimpawee “Toon” Khokrabin and Nattharinee “Mink” Gannasutra visited the Technology Crime Suppression Division (TCSD) on Thursday (May 14).

Nattharinee said that the suspect had messaged her on Facebook and offered Bt1.2 million cash for sleeping with him three times a month. He had also tried to make video calls frequently. “I tried to block him but he said he has several fake accounts and will continue to call until I accept his offer,” she added.

Pimpawee said she was harassed in a similar manner, as a suspect messaged her on Instagram offering Bt1 million in exchange for sex.

Patsita said a suspect had messaged her on Facebook and asked her to mail him used underwear and pubic hairs to his address.

The plaintiffs speculated that the suspect might be the same person as all messages came from an account of a man named Jongsawat (last name withheld), whom they reached out to. He claimed that his information was stolen to create fake accounts. Jongsawat was also present at the TCSD to give his statement.

TCSD deputy chief Pol Colonel Siriwat Deephor said that sexual harassment is a violation of the criminal code Section 397 with punishment of maximum one month imprisonment and a Bt10,000 fine.

“Also, creating a fake social media account is a violation of Computer-related Crime Act Section 14 with maximum punishment of five years imprisonment or a Bt100,000 fine,” he added. “TCSD will investigate this matter as well as question the owner of the said account to find the culprit.”

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30387883

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-15

10 minutes ago, Denim said:

Wonder where they draw the line on that since almost nobody uses their real name ??

If you have had your FB account for years you are right, but I think Im right in saying if you open a new account in a dodgy name after a couple of months FB ask you to confirm your identity if not they put the account on holed until you do

47 minutes ago, webfact said:

all messages came from an account of a man named Jongsawat (last name withheld), whom they reached out to

Makes you wonder how / why they "reached out" to him. Hard to believe that all three identified someone in need and contacted him as an act of kindness.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

58 minutes ago, webfact said:

“Also, creating a fake social media account is a violation of Computer-related Crime Act Section 14 with maximum punishment of five years imprisonment or a Bt100,000 fine,” he added

Lots of tax-funded IO accounts here in Thailand. Wonder if the police will be investigating them? 

5 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:
2 hours ago, webfact said:

“Also, creating a fake social media account is a violation of Computer-related Crime Act Section 14 with maximum punishment of five years imprisonment or a Bt100,000 fine,” he added. “TCSD will investigate this matter as well as question the owner of the said account to find the culprit.”

this is interesting. i did not know this. :shock1: 

It appears it's only regarding creating an account within Thailand.

If you created it in, say, the US but accessed it in Thailand, is that a violation of Thai law?

You could possibly be off the hook.

So these three women are too stupid to press the 'block' button?

Guy is obviously a nutter offering $25,000 for a go.

Had a look on their FB pages (which is probably what this is all about).

Nothing worth looking at in the photo sections.

I'm sorry, back to Chontitirat Kaewdang, now that account is worth a look.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

TCSD deputy chief Pol Colonel Siriwat Deephor said that sexual harassment is a violation of the criminal code Section 397 with punishment of maximum one month imprisonment and a Bt10,000 fine.

Wow!!!  Thailand really takes online sexual harassment seriously!

With stiff penalties like that, I'm surprised the three ladies don't have armies of Thai guys offering money and requesting mailed goodies.

Don't you potentially get a bigger fine, like 10 times and much or more, for littering cigarettes on the beach?

This obviously pretty much tells you just what the Thai male-dominated old-guard government establishment thinks of women and the notion of sexual harassment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

He's outbidding you???   :cheesy:

PS - In the article, it seems to be saying the guy apparently is using multiple account IDs.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

8 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

It appears it's only regarding creating an account within Thailand.

If you created it in, say, the US but accessed it in Thailand, is that a violation of Thai law?

You could possibly be off the hook.

what about all the fake accounts on Thai Friendly?

freelancers are constantly making new accounts. anyway that is what read on the internet.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, KMartinHandyman said:

Funny police didn’t set up a sting and tell her to agree to do the deed and arrest whoever shows up. I guess that would eliminate the option for a misunderstanding if it was someone connected. 

Maybe you should suggest that to them!  Because apparently, they either can't manage to come up with that idea themselves, or are too busy with their other ventures to take the time required to ensnare the guy.

12 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Perhaps it's not quite that straightforward. One of the girls said:

“I tried to block him but he said he has several fake accounts and will continue to call until I accept his offer,” she added.

That would mean they would need to not answer any new calls from people they don't know. I wouldn't know if that's a practical solution for the  girls though?

• Like 1

Just now, bluesofa said:

Perhaps it's not quite that straightforward. One of the girls said:

“I tried to block him but he said he has several fake accounts and will continue to call until I accept his offer,” she added.

That would mean they would need to not answer any new calls from people they don't know. I wouldn't know if that's a practical solution for the  girls though?

This story was printed to get more followers on their FB pages.

Problem being their FB pages aren't that interesting, and there's loads of younger, more attractive Thai girls in competition happy to take selfies with lots more flesh on display.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

This story was printed to get more followers on their FB pages.

Problem being their FB pages aren't that interesting, and there's loads of younger, more attractive Thai girls in competition happy to take selfies with lots more flesh on display.

as they use to say in Hollywood, bad publicity is better then no publicity.....

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Patsita said a suspect had messaged her on Facebook and asked her to mail him used underwear and pubic hairs to his address.

I devised an ingenious way to catch this guy, but I won't say it here because it might undermine the fine work of the authorities.

Ok, I'll tell: check the mailing address.  It takes a Sherlock Holmes to figure this out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Glad i was brought up in a time before all these stupid social media accounts ,had real friends and enamies . who gives a flying f-rt what anyone writes on there ? only todays snowflake generation .

Agreed.

It's a crazy world.

• Thanks 1