I’m annoyed...

11 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:
14 minutes ago, nongsung said:

Your have extension based on retirement and you get a home visit? 

What imm office?

Yes, non-o retirement for 12 years now and every time a home visit.

mukdahan office...

15 minutes ago, thequietman said:

Had a visit on first application - never again after that. ????

Same with us. Home the first time. Now no visit, no witness required. Easy peasy.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Caldera said:

I know several Thais who live in my home country and none of them ever had a home visit by the authorities.

Also, the longer they stay, the easier things get. Not the same repetitive nonsense year after year.

I didn't say things are the same and don't know why you would think so... I did say it is more difficult for most Thais [actually impossible] to even visit a Western country - than it is for us to come and live here... 

And sorry, but I just don't find the repetition to be difficult - I am glad how easy it is to live here. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

I didn't say things are the same and don't know why you would think so... I did say it is more difficult for most Thais [actually impossible] to even visit a Western country - than it is for us to come and live here... 

And sorry, but I just don't find the repetition to be difficult - I am glad how easy it is to live here. 

Indeed, despite certain Embassies (looking at Brit / US / Aussie) in Thailand going out of their way to make it more of a hassle for certain of their long stay nationals to apply for yearly retirement extensions.

• Like 1

What is the big problem.......?

Are you marched off to be interrogated in a dark room at HQ, or are the visitors quite cordial and on their way, with smiles all round, with no big ploblem....?  :guitar:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Once they have a green card they are golden,

apples and oranges - - there are costs involved in getting a green card and many requirements to meet.. much much more difficult to do then flying in to the airport and getting stamped in for 30 days free... one friend met all the qualifications for his wife and it still took a year to get... and if not married, she had no chance... 

Far easier to meet requirements here...