Korn says THAI Airways should file for bankruptcy to enable rehabilitation

snoop1130

How is it possible the National Airline of one of the most visited countries and Tourist destinations in the World

and who are guaranteed all government Travel contracts at over the top rates to other Airlines is unable to make a profit?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, CGW said:

Indulge me, kindly list all the flights you know off that were full of "Hi-So" Thai's in first class, in all my hundreds of flights never came across anyway?

Or is this another "Myth" alongside the "Thai's hate us" & we "are responsible in any accident" nonsense ???? 

Thank you.  That is just another one of the TVF myths that the angry love to perpetuate and one that nobody can, or will, back up with any evidence.

• Like 2

Many people seem to misunderstand. Even after THAI files bankruptcy, they will still continue to fly as normal. So all booked tickets will remain valid. It's going to be almost exactly the same process of Japan Airlines, United Airlines' bankruptcy and restructuring.

1 hour ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

If they don't immediately sack the entire board that has presided over this fiasco, then it will never be able to rehabilitate.

They desperately need people with airline experience at the top level.

If they brought people in and the airline was run responsibly, where would the fly boys from the RTAF get there noses in the trough?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, CGW said:

I have flown Thai hundreds of times, what is so bad about it, on a personal basis I get on a plane and get off at the other end!

If I never read TVF that would be the end of the story, why all the animosity! ????

I think it may have started when Thai Air's STANDARDS dropped:

I used to be a regular Thai passenger, member of their Frequent Flyer programme, had many a free flight BKK-HKT using my points. Then I started using first Ethiad, then Emirates for both price and service reasons.

In January I flew Business from London to Bangkok on Emirates (A380) with a view to staying in Thailand until Songkran.

In March I "baled out" due to the CV-19 issue, and after the UK government advised travellers to return home, getting the only flight available which was Thai Business Class also on A380, so a direct comparison.

Everything about Thai was "less" - comfort, service, food quality, and, even in normal times the price is just ridiculously higher. 

So from my purely personal POV, Thai somewhat lost the plot...years ago. I don't have any animosity towards them but I wouldn't fly them out of choice...then again I could say the same about BA!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, smutcakes said:

To be fair to Anutin out of all of them, he personally has been massively successful as a businessman and running Sino Thai. He does have much experience and track record of running sucessful businesses. However i doubt he would be permitted to make the changes necessary.

It was Daddy's business, he just took it over. And when your business revolves around government contracts, I think we all know how that works - it's the size of the envelope not the competency of the contractor.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, phkauf said:

It was Daddy's business, he just took it over. And when your business revolves around government contracts, I think we all know how that works - it's the size of the envelope not the competency of the contractor.

That maybe so but look at the expansion in the last decade or so. It might be a dirty business but if it was easy many would be doing it. You might not like him but he quite  clearly is a shrewd businessman.

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, CGW said:

I have flown Thai hundreds of times, what is so bad about it, on a personal basis I get on a plane and get off at the other end!

If I never read TVF that would be the end of the story, why all the animosity! ????

Any flight you walk away from is a good flight ????

He's one of the more sane and intelligent politicians actually and they won't listen to a word he says. If THAI doesn't work either nationalist it, clear the debt and put experts in charge (if they can find any) or let it fail like any other business but i'm guessing Thai PRIDE won't allow it to fail.

• Haha 1

Who is this ex democrat guy to say anything????? I used to support the democrats but hate them now. The democrats have a lot of their mates controlling the agencies are involved in startups and they put their people there and for ordinary young thais trying to get support for their startups, they cannot get access to any help or aid as there is so much nepotism at these agencies. They is one democrat guy who owns restaurants and he is the worse. Citizens should never listen to any one of them who actually made this country worse...losers!

• Like 1