China, South Korea removed from list of high-risk countries

rooster59

10 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

I didn't mean now, maybe later if/when Thailand opens up, why would they remove them from the list otherwise.

Premature on everything!! Just keeping up the a..e licking with their besties????????????????????????????????

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

South Korean tourists (men) might be interested in coming to Thailand, but no go go bars or massage parlours open, so no point for them. Hordes of Chinese tourists unlikely with a 14 day quarantine when back in China, Hong Kong and Macau, so that leaves not much.

With this anouncement as China etc being well managed ref Covid 19, the next step will be that any country (not mentioning China of course) that are removed from the banned list can enter Thailand without quarantine and amazingly within a few days China will reciprocate!

So there's the answer, all the EU and UK etc have to do is state we have no Covid 19 issues and we can manage and then we can all fly to Thailand! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

The question should be, will the CCP allow it's citizens out for a holiday and not have to 14 day quarantine when they arrive back in China?

Even better; last I saw some places where up to 28 days on return. Add the fact the government is promoting holidaying in China, those on here up in arms are a bit premature IMO.

10 hours ago, JCP108 said:

1) There's also the problem of no normal international flights allowed to land here, and

2) Isn't there still a stipulation that people entering the country have to observe a 14-day quarantine upon arrival?

Exeptions could maybe made for "those removed from the list" .....????.....

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Even better; last I saw some places where up to 28 days on return. Add the fact the government is promoting holidaying in China, those on here up in arms are a bit premature IMO.

Exactly, very premature, more hope on the Thai government side that hordes of Chinese tourists might come. Unless countries drop the 14 day quarantine on return, then not many people will be going anywhere.

• Like 2

I predict the Chinese will be one of the first nationalities to be allowed to enter Thailand ( once flights open up) because the Thai- Chinese political appointee health minister ( with no degree in medicine) seems to be able to quickly forget the coronavirus originated in China and their COVID-19 victim statistics are questionable; yet, his dislike for the “white Westerner” is very obvious. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

Can you please post a link to details of that second wave in China, because I have not seen it. Thanks.

There are many reports of new Infections in China

I dont mean a " Second Wave " , but there are new Infections in Wuhan, and another City called Shulan in the North East is in Lockdown

BBC News

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rooster59 said:

China, South Korea removed from list of high-risk countries

does it meant they are not required to quarantine ? what about health insurance?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The announcement, signed by Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul,

who else could have done something like that, sure it had to be him,  the Sino Thai schmuck. Are these 2 related?

Billionaire Dhanin Chearavanont, chairman of Charoen Pokphand, is urging the government to relax lockdown measures and welcome foreign travellers as soon as possible, and turn the country into a "safe haven" for wealthy visitors. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mavideol said:

who else could have done something like that, sure it had to be him,  the Sino Thai schmuck. Are these 2 related?

Billionaire Dhanin Chearavanont, chairman of Charoen Pokphand, is urging the government to relax lockdown measures and welcome foreign travellers as soon as possible, and turn the country into a "safe haven" for wealthy visitors. 

???? It is still quite shocking to me how narrow minded the people are in Thailand are. Does the guy have any idea about the reputation of the country or indeed what a mess the rest of the world is in.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Patts said:

China aren't going to place three cities on lockdown without reason,  yes there are several clusters that have broken out, conveniently not reported in the official figures

Really, I heard a report a few weeks ago about locking down another city with a population of 10 million, after which it has gone quiet. So is China having a second wave? The worldometer data is not showing it as you say. 

3 hours ago, EricTh said:

Do Chinese tourists need to be quarantined for 14 days in Thailand? Then another 14 days when they go back to China?

Then most of the time, they are just quarantine-ing and not shopping so what's the point of coming to Thailand?

A one day all you can eat buffet

Just remarkable how much Anoutin loves to serve his Chinese friends!!

In Europe we are speaking about a second wave of Chinese Corona starting in China, the north of China around Jilin and Harbin are now the new hotspots. How can this stupid man remove China from the list at THIS point is just strange. He personally gets paid by Chinese? Remember? Just some weeks ago he started to spread the official Chinese propaganda, Chinese Corona would not originate from China and that dirty farangs who are not showering brought it into Thailand!!

Edited by P100

6 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

Really, I heard a report a few weeks ago about locking down another city with a population of 10 million, after which it has gone quiet. So is China having a second wave? The worldometer data is not showing it as you say. 

I use worldometer but as far as figures coming out of China is concerned it is simply reporting what it is told by China. 

China has reported less than 8 cases a day for the past three weeks and no most days it reports less then 3 which for a country where the virus originated with a population of 1.2 billion is simply not believable. There is also the issue that China has not reported a single death for the past 2 weeks. If you visit Youtube and watch a couple of episodes of "China in Focus" or "China uncensored" it is very apparent that there is definitely many more cases then is being reported. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

???? It is still quite shocking to me how narrow minded the people are in Thailand are. Does the guy have any idea about the reputation of the country or indeed what a mess the rest of the world is in.

It was reported Thailand to be transformed into a safe place for worried tourists. This is not the way to let Chinese come in an then try to sell Thailand as a safe destination?! What damage of reputation is Anoutin trying to do to the Thai people?! Is it only incompetence or is there corruption too?

1 hour ago, Salerno said:

Add the fact the government is promoting holidaying in China, those on here up in arms are a bit premature IMO.

Nice to see you do indeed have an opinion on something I thought you stumbled through life "confused" ???? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, P100 said:

It was reported Thailand to be transformed into a safe place for worried tourists. This is not the way to let Chinese come in an then try to sell Thailand as a safe destination?! What damage of reputation is Anoutin trying to do to the Thai people?! Is it only incompetence or is there corruption too?

I find the way the public relations have been handled during this whole situation to be disgusting. How Farangs have been demoted and demonised and how Thailand has kissed China's <deleted>. Sure Chinese account for a huge number of tourists but that's only due to tour groups who spend next to no money in local Thai businesses. Most Farangs I know spend between £300 to £500 a day and some are blowing a lot more, excluding hotels. I would go so far as to say that this daily budget is probably the same as the average Chinese group member spends during their entire holiday. 

31 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Because there is money to be made

Until there is no quarantines, there will be little money to be made with tourism. I think long haul tourism will revert back to what it was 15 to 20 years ago, intrepid travellers, backpackers and sex tourists. Too many people are scared to leave their own house let alone sit on a plane for 12+ hours. Authoritarian regimes like China won't be letting masses out for a while.

Edited by tribalfusion001
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, EricTh said:

That's untrue and there's no lockdown (those are just rumors). The cases have been low for the past 14 days just like Thailand.

If a 'new outbreak' means single digit or less than 20 cases, then there's new outbreak everywhere in the world. 

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Yes 6 news cases in wuhan and u can gauratee there will be a second wave from the Chinese and to be honest what foriegnors would want to be around them  Chinese we will have to see what resentment there will be with them Chinese in all countrys and there will be for sure

• Like 1