Over 220kg of marijuana seized in Bangkok following sting operation

rooster59

Over 220kg of marijuana seized in Bangkok following sting operation

By THE NATION

800_009c89b13fc8155.jpg

Police officers seized bricks of dried marijuana weighing 221 kilograms at a house in Lam Toi Ting subdistrict in Bangkok’s Nongjok district on Friday (May 15).

According to Lam Phak She Police Station officers, the raid was a follow-up on a sting operation that ended in the arrest of Manop Buakareem, 46, who had delivered one kilogram of marijuana to undercover police earlier that day on Suwintawong Road.

640_gfa6bbb87cj5ej8gh9hca.jpg

Manop reportedly confessed that he stored the drugs for another person named Naf (last name unknown), who will later come to collect them as well as pay him the storing fee.

Manop was charged with possessing a type-5 narcotic substance (marijuana) with the intention to sell and was taken into police custody.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30387962

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-16

• Sad 2

16 minutes ago, keith101 said:

It looks to be a lot more than 220 kilos .

Yes it does, single bricks look bigger than usual it seems but probably still +/- a kilo each, just not pressed as hard ... the unwrapped portion in the center (2nd pic) would represent about 10% then.

Nice stash for sure, what a pity ... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, keith101 said:

It looks to be a lot more than 220 kilos .

Maybe........and I only say maybe........the sign in Thai states 221 Kilos on the right hand pile..........the rest is for........um.........well..........you know............:giggle:

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Mama Noodle said:

Why they dont legalize it is beyond me. They'll sell alcohol and beer all day long which is much more dangerous but some grass oh hell no. 

I am still of the opinion that they are only waiting for the Thai Tobacco monopoly to get all it's ducks in a row to completely control production, and distribution. Then, after making sure certain organisations that wear uniforms are taken care of, it will be legalized. Of course, I may be way off track, and it has nothing to do with billions of Baht, but more out of caring for the health and well being of the average farmer Jo.

20 hours ago, keith101 said:

t looks to be a lot more than 220 kilos .

Standard operating procedure. Seize 500 kilos…reweigh using official super-accurate police scales...new total: 220 kilos.

Edited by Hayduke
  • Haha 1