AIS robots to help oversee Covid-19 measures at CentralWorld

By THE NATION

800_4d54c0a3c54e970.jpg

Leading telecom operator Advanced Info Service (AIS) and CentralWorld department store have jointly marshalled two 5G-controlled AIS robots to ensure shoppers' hygiene and safety at the department store as part of their efforts to further contain the Covid-19 outbreak.

One of the AIS robots, "Robot for Care" (ROC), will screen body temperature of shoppers before entering the department store, while another one called "AIS K9" will provide alcohol-based handwash to shoppers inside the department store.

The government will launch the second phase of the easing of the country's lockdown on May 17, which will allow the reopening of many venues including department stores.

as2.jpg

96679908_3563407350340555_1712422032353787904_o.jpg

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30387982

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-17

29 minutes ago, Hayduke said:
1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

Brilliant. What could possibly go wrong?

Ha ha! Probably an impending arrest by Robocop - perhaps it's about to be tested by Thai Immigration?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

"Citizen you have exceeded your waist-to-hip-ratio. Please step into the disintegration chamber."

as2.jpg.89a370bc31a53e384bcaf86ca3d1e856 (1).jpg

As hip-ratio once said: 'England expects every man to do his duty, including keeping his wife slim."

• Haha 1

The K9 ( you gotta admire their originality with that ) dog one looks not dissimilar to military dawg robots first dev'd by the U S for use in Afghanistan for carrying ammo' and stuff .. and they could recharge device's by virtue of their battery pack .. which is cool when your getting shot at .. 

IMG_20200517_064814.jpg

Edited by Justgrazing
Edit

Any sensible person should simply ignore this nonsense. I certainly won't talk to robots and be watched by electric dogs to get into a shopping mall. I prefer to buy my stuff locally at a market or have the products sent to me by mail directly from small independent manufacturers. All these big companies like CP, AIS, TOPS and Co. can only be boycotted. Let them do what they want, but without me. 

• Like 1

On 5/18/2020 at 2:40 AM, bluesofa said:

'AIS robots to help oversee Covid-19 measures at CentralWorld.'

As the daleks would have said: Demonstrate! Demonstrate! Demonstrate!

What does Dr Who have with pizza .? Dalek bread .. 

Got a dalek egg timer .. when they are done it says " Eggs-Terminate " in a daleky voice ..  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

What does Dr Who have with pizza .? Dalek bread .. 

Got a dalek egg timer .. when they are done it says " Eggs-Terminate " in a daleky voice ..  

Dough Doh! Ha ha ha! Very good JG.

That dalek in the photo is obviously the egg timer version. You can see at the base of the dalek it still has 2 minutes 41 seconds before terminating the eggs.