What happens when dying at home of heart attack ? what are the next steps ?

salsajapan

hello,

imagine that your wife or girlfriend finds you dead of heart attack, can you explain what will happen next, step by step ?

Call the police or hospital ?

Ambulance comes to pick you up ? where do they bring you ? cops also come ?

Tell to embassy that you died ?

Then how to be sure to be burnt here and not sent abroad ?

thank you to all.

They will not know that you died of a heart attack. In any case either they wait to make sure that you are dead to inherit your money or they are desperate and call the ambulance. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, RichCor said:

For the OP  

some hopefully more helpful ThaiVisa threads on the subject:  (search can be your friend, even when we aren't)

Few Questions related to the death of Foreigner and married to Thai National
By taken, July 24, 2019 in Family and children

What happens to a foreigners assets in Thailand apon death
By thelovedone, May 3, 2019 in General topics

What to do when an Ex Pat dies in Thailand.
By nong38, September 12, 2017 in Home Country Forum

I think the hospital and the police and the embassy will give you the information that you need at your location. For sure this is not their first experience with people who died. I never heard of a case where someone had to be picked up by the garbage removal ????

Edited by Oldie
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, n00dle said:

Truly ridiculous post, befitting an oddly phrased question.

It is safe to assume that no one with direct experience will be popping by the thread to answer.

Best is to talk to the hospital and the police and the embassy. They will tell you the procedure. 

3 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

what happens first is a favorite pet, perhaps a dog or cat from your childhood greets you.

you will be overwhelmed with the feeling of unconditional love and the total and complete loss of ego and other Earth based concerns. 

then your mother and father and other long lost friends and family including your grandparents are with you. There is no judgement or hatred or any negativity. Just a feeling of total all consuming love. 

Then you wake up to the sound of your Thai family smashing your safe open with a sledgehammer. 

no need my wife and i have joint bank accounts in the uk and we have each others pin nos here.

23 minutes ago, kingdong said:

Don,t worry about it,once you,'ve rolled a double six that's all your troubles over,

Rolling a double-six is usually a free do over. Rolling snake eyes is the usual "game-over, man! Game over."

23 minutes ago, northsouthdevide said:

I've already told my kids in UK that I will be burned here and my wife will be in charge of any arrangements. //

If you just "told" them, then it will not happen.

Embassy will not give authorisation for cremation if no valid documents for it.

A simple but valid will/testament is required for any foreigner IMHO.

I have a will, and a trust which outlines what needs to be done.  BBQ is what will happen, and then spread WTFE. Accounts in the US to my Kids there, and the accounts here, and condo to the GF.....all done legal...

I won't know or care. My GF has a will in English and Thai. She gets what's in Thailand, my son and sister get what's in Australia. My GF will have a joint account passbook with sufficient funds to tide her over until probate is declared here.

My guess is I will probably be cremated in the village, and my GF will live on to be a wiry 90 yo. Centrelink will go apes##t because they probably will continue to pay a pension to a dead man for months.

I have only one experience with a death in Thailand and my experience is that overall things are similar to what happens in western countries.  For deaths of people not in a hospital under a doctor's care at the time require two things be done.  First police are involved to prepare a report of the events/situation/etc. and an autopsy at a hospital is performed to determine cause of death.  I don't know if car or bike accidents or similar things require the autopsy but for general deaths this is done and the cause of death is on their report.  The relevant embassy will assist in advising what needs to be done and who can be hired to provide services if the body need to be exported but the body is not released until the police report and autopsy are available.  I expect for local cremation you still need the police report and autopsy to take possession of the deceased.  A will or similar stating what you want to happen would be a good idea for whomever will deal with the situation both in and out of Thailand.  If you have family back home it would certainly be good to tell them your wishes if you prefer to be cremated in Thailand and what to do with your ashes.     

10 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I won't know or care. My GF has a will in English and Thai. She gets what's in Thailand, my son and sister get what's in Australia. My GF will have a joint account passbook with sufficient funds to tide her over until probate is declared here.

My guess is I will probably be cremated in the village, and my GF will live on to be a wiry 90 yo. Centrelink will go apes##t because they probably will continue to pay a pension to a dead man for months.

Hopefully!     PML

18 hours ago, salsajapan said:

magine that your wife or girlfriend finds you dead of heart attack, can you explain what will happen next, step by step

The very first thing is to pay me back what you owe me before being buried. 

Next, keep a little change in your pocket to bribe the guard when you pass the heavenly gate.  

Third. Bring whatever left over to me. I will keep that in secure and bring it to you when I see you upstairs.  

And rest in peace.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

I can assure you repatriation of the body is more than a first class seat cost, and then you have the directors expenses both ends of the journey you got need for.

Why would anyone want to be repatriated,it beats me ,when your dead ,thats it ,your just another part of nature that goes back into the soil ,just like the leaves on the trees and the rest of the dead stuff .

• Like 2