Is There A Forum Where I Can Come Into Contact With Thai Students

Are there any popular thai forums. How do thai students pick their university and program? For example some universities offer international programs and they give alot of information on their websites. But they dont tell you how the lessons are taught or what the women/men ratio is for certain programs. How the overal atmosphere is. I want to hear what other students think about the university and certain programs. Their experience. I dont mind if its thai or english.

Couldnt find any community for these type of things. Mahidon university had 2 links but both dont even exist. Also is there some kind of website where I can take a look at the exams. So I know what to expect. Doesn't matter from what university it is but I prefer the major ones in bangkok. And a detailed study guide with descriptions of all subjects including what literature they use. Also from a major university in bangkok. Can someone do that for me? Where is this hidden information?!

Contact DJPat - he's well versed with thai uni and uni students!!! :o

hmmmm. Well perhaps if you want to hear the supreme Uncle Tom wax lyrical on what is wrong with Thailand.

Perhaps going to each university's website and posting specific questions to the deans will help; also some individual websites also :

sanook

dek-dee

kapook

all have uni sections; mostly people talking rubbish; much the same as if you read it in engrish!

let me know exactly what you want to know by PM, and I may be able to get you some answers directly from a few places; I think you'll find most of the answers aren't online in any coherent form; that is the problem with the net.

most major universities have a course bulletin which is a book with classes/course numbers and a brief description of class content...you can buy them at the university bookstore.

as for how the lessons are taught, the syllabus is designed by department heads and course content is determined...how it is taught is up to the teacher, but must follow course content.

for engineering, there will be abut a 12/1 ratio for guys to girls

for BBA its about even

Arts is about 5/2 girls to guys

atmosphere depends on how well the teacher teaches.

overall the exams are designed to trick rather than calculate for mathematical type exams

for other exams which do not involve mathematics and are taught in an english medium....the exams are on the level of a high quality high school in the US ...just more questions.

usually about 120 questions for midterms ...2 hours

200-250 questions for finals 3 ...hours.

at the beginnig of every semester a course syllabs is issued; containing in outline form, course content, exam dates and books that will be used or recommended.

if you go to ABAC bangna campus the course syllabus is freely available...in front of the teachers offices or at their desk.

the uni bookstores will know which books are for what classes.

if you are planning to go to a thai uni and taking a business major they are math intensive....any other majors are cheese and could probably pass blindfolded as long as you study the material and have a desire to really learn.

almost any forum you go to about a thai uni will be in thai...so its pointless to ask, the ones that do give you a reply and arent to lazy to write or think in english will be biased do to low number of replies.

the biggst problem with english speaking universities is that there are a very low number of choices regarding majors...you have BBA, Arts,Engineering,Architecture, Nursing,Music Industry,IT.....i wouldnt recommend doing anything IT here, the IT teachers are substandard.

to top things off, you will be constantly correcting your philipinos, indian, burmese,thai...teachers english

most uni's allow you to take toefl / ielts to bypass english 1-4 BUT you still have to pay for the course.

If you come up with a dry well on Bangkok universities, and want to try a major university upcountry, PM me. I could turn your questions into a great assignment for my English Major students, and feed it back to you. School starts up again in early June.

Hi

Which major university upcountry would that be ?

Just asking as I am trying to get a reply from a major upcountry university right now and not having much luck with there international relations department - still it is songkhran time...

If the university is in isaan - would be interested to hear - actually would be intertested to hear where ever it is as i would like to check out their website and see what they have to offer a potential student... Thanks

If you come up with a dry well on Bangkok universities, and want to try a major university upcountry, PM me. I could turn your questions into a great assignment for my English Major students, and feed it back to you. School starts up again in early June.