British minister says 'move on' from rage over PM adviser Cummings' road trip

snoop1130

7 hours ago, transam said:
22 hours ago, 7by7 said:

It told us no action was needed..........Is that clear enough for you.........?  ????

Did you read it? If so, how come you missed this bit? "Had a Durham constabulary police officer stopped Mr Cummings driving to or from Barnard Castle, the officer would have spoken to him, and, having established the facts, likely advised Mr Cummings to return to the address in Durham, providing advice on the dangers of travelling during the pandemic crisis. Had this advice been accepted by Mr Cummings, no enforcement action would have been taken. In line with Durham constabulary’s general approach throughout the pandemic, there is no intention to take retrospective action in respect of the Barnard Castle incident since this would amount to treating Mr Cummings differently from other members of the public."

I see you are another one who is ignoring the most important fact here; that Number 10 lied on Cummings' behalf.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Did you read it? If so, how come you missed this bit? "Had a Durham constabulary police officer stopped Mr Cummings driving to or from Barnard Castle, the officer would have spoken to him, and, having established the facts, likely advised Mr Cummings to return to the address in Durham, providing advice on the dangers of travelling during the pandemic crisis. Had this advice been accepted by Mr Cummings, no enforcement action would have been taken. In line with Durham constabulary’s general approach throughout the pandemic, there is no intention to take retrospective action in respect of the Barnard Castle incident since this would amount to treating Mr Cummings differently from other members of the public."

I see you are another one who is ignoring the most important fact here; that Number 10 lied on Cummings' behalf.

Was Cummings prosecuted after the police investigation, No, so lets move on......????

But wait, 7x7 wants blood, wants to make a meal of it because he keeps losing, with all his waffle, keeps losing......

Relax chap, and keep your..????...on when out and about....????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, transam said:

Was Cummings prosecuted after the police investigation, No, so lets move on......????

But wait, 7x7 wants blood, wants to make a meal of it because he keeps losing, with all his waffle, keeps losing......

Relax chap, and keep your..????...on when out and about....????

Read the police statement. The reasons for there being no action taken are fully explained there. (Wouldn't have been prosecuted, though. Unless he was given a fixed penalty notice and refused to pay it. If you are going to comment on the procedures when someone breaks the lockdown you really should find out what they are first.)

But the big scandal is Number 10 lying on Cummings' behalf. Still no comment from you on that!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Phil McCaverty said:

The trouble is that Brits aren't moving on. Most people are pretty outraged. many are saying, "If he can break the rules, I will too". Its a PR disaster.

I can't, for the life of me understand why Boris keeps him on. There are many examples of government officials cacking on the government, they're just quietly shown the back door and its all forgotten. Why has Boris not done the same with Cummings. Its doing untold damage in the government's fight against corona virus.

I would assume that Cummings is another Alan Turing, perhaps irreplaceable to the Tories UK future plans.....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 7by7 said:

Read the police statement. The reasons for there being no action taken are fully explained there. (Wouldn't have been prosecuted, though. Unless he was given a fixed penalty notice and refused to pay it. If you are going to comment on the procedures when someone breaks the lockdown you really should find out what they are first.)

But the big scandal is Number 10 lying on Cummings' behalf. Still no comment from you on that!

I don't care, is that clear enough....?

If Cummings is the key to the governments achievements and future plans then that is what is important to me, not chuck him out because a few are growling, that is very short sighted...????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Its possible that Boris sees him that way but even his own ministers have turned against him.

We are fighting a war against corona virus, Boris is the General and we are his soldiers. If the soldiers lose faith in the General, the war is lost. No one man should be bigger than the war against corona virus. Cummings should have fallen on his sword at the outset, this whole thing would have been a nothing burger, and we'd all be united in the fight against corona virus.

Then we must differ in our opinion....:stoner:

On 5/31/2020 at 4:38 PM, Loiner said:

Secondary to their vilification, is the need to fill their pages with something current and deflecting from the EU's failings in Brexit talks. Dom's travels and lockdown is a win-win-win for them. Covid - Cummings - Coverup of the risible performance of Barnier and the EU in the negotiations, which are drifting towards a No Deal Brexit due to EU intransigence.  

???????????? but according to Sun readers the EU need the U.K. more than we need them (with their GDP 6 times bigger than the U.K. that makes sense) - which seems to fly in the face of your delusion 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, evadgib said:

I'm curious as to whether citizen Khan has had a say in todays events outside the US embassy in London and what he intends to do about it

Not sure that Citizen Khan's opinion matters; he is, after all, a fictional TV sitcom character!

Citizen Khan - BBC1 Sitcom - British Comedy Guide

But if you mean the London mayor Sadiq Khan, then "The city's mayor Sadiq Khan tweeted: "Lockdown has not been lifted. The virus is still out there," reminding people to keep their distance." (source)

The GLA and Met, like all local authorities and police forces in the UK, have the power to place reasonable restrictions on protests when informed of them in advance. But what do you expect them to do when the protest is unofficial and proper procedures have not been adhered to by the protesters? 

Finally, as this Express article makes clear, UK Black Lives Matter have not organised any of these protests and are urging people to observe lockdown and social distancing and not attend them.

3 minutes ago, vogie said:

Here's YouGov poll. It clearly tallies with Politics for All.

Screenshot_2020-06-01-19-23-05-712.jpeg

It also shows that 32% would vote Conservative if there was an election tomorrow. 

Still no link to your poll?

Still no comment on Number 10's lies on Cummings behalf?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

You do seem to waste a lot of your time searching for this pointless information. It is meaningless, the Conservatives are in power with a strong majority - and for the foreseeable future.

Winge away by all means - just understand the futility of it.

It seems that you, too, find it acceptable for Number 10 to lie to us on behalf of Cummings!

BTW, you've plenty of time to think of an answer; I've other things to do now

Edited by 7by7
Addendum
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, vogie said:

Here's YouGov poll. It clearly tallies with Politics for All.

Screenshot_2020-06-01-19-23-05-712.jpeg

Are you sure that is correct? For the past year it has been stated repeatedly on ThaiVisa that the SNP is a busted flush and that they are on the wane - doesn't look like it to me. 54% and rising! ????????????

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Loiner said:

Now come on again, it's make your mind up again time. Are you still following the MSM uproar bandwagon and demanding his head because of Cummings' lockdown minor misdemeanor, or because you think somebody in the government yo hate might have lied to you? 

Either way, neither of the cases, if they were in fact the case, are of the slightest importance. It's only the Lefty Remainer press that has caused bit of a storm in a disposable paper cup to fill all the pages.  It's almost disappeared from the papers now anyway, with only rags like The Garuniad and Mirror still banging on today. That's why I'm quite happy to ignore all of your sanctimonious wailing.

Remember when the same two rags started another self righteous hate campaign? Allegations made against Boris after bit of a domestic were also drummed up out of all proportion. Can't get Boris, can't get Dominic, but you will still be getting Brexit!

It was all just a matter of bad luck and timing for Dom.

Going over the SAGE minutes from 23rd March and noted that the London NHS icu capacity was expected to be exceeded within 10 days

Mary Wakefield becomes unwell , and the rest we know . The Cummings family flee London.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cleopatra2 said:

It was all just a matter of bad luck and timing for Dom.

Going over the SAGE minutes from 23rd March and noted that the London NHS icu capacity was expected to be exceeded within 10 days

Mary Wakefield becomes unwell , and the rest we know . The Cummings family flee London.

Well spotted I also have 6 litres of undrinkable UHT milk  from that mad time but I did what I was told and STAYED HOME as did my neighbours,friends, family and all good and honest citizens of whatever stripe. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1