British minister says 'move on' from rage over PM adviser Cummings' road trip

snoop1130

3 hours ago, 7by7 said:

So, do you think it's ok for all governments to lie to us regardless of their political persuasion, such as Blair and WMD, or is it just Johnson and Cummings?

Whatever Cummings did or did not do is simply not important. A minor issue vastly exaggerated by the Left and MSM Boris haters. 

All governments do lie to us. Did you not notice the anti-Brexit lies? Every word that came from Blair’s and Brown’s govts were lies. 

Your continued ranting in both respects is laughable. You sound remarkably like that old blow hard Piers Morgan, spitting vitriol and venom at opposing views. Typical Leftie. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Apart it being totally opposed to the rules that mere mortals had to abide by and Cummings formulated. I dare say that your hero, the little criminal thug Nigel Yaxley-Lennon would approve.

Oh he likes that loathsome creature does he I need to master the ignore function. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Phil McCaverty said:

My best mate, who lives alone and has been beside himself during the lockdown, now doesn't give a toss. Insists he will break the guidelines at every opportunity. Even threatened to kick the back doors in at our local and have a party at the weekend.

Sounds like a real smart cookie that one. Spends lockdown living like a frightened rabbit, then because he has the hump with Cummings he decides having a party in a pub would be a good idea. 

No offence, but he could probably benefit from some counselling of some sort? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, 7by7 said:

It seems that you, too, find it acceptable for Number 10 to lie to us on behalf of Cummings!

I can't speak for everyone, but personally I feel there are more important issues than all the tittle tattle about Cummings, and gossiping about whether number 10 covered for him. 

For me it's more important to know the trend of infection/hospitalisation/ICU/death rates, and the strategy for getting the UK economy going again. You know - the less trivial stuff. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jimmyswale said:

Oh he likes that loathsome creature does he I need to master the ignore function. 

You’ll be needing more practice then. You hit the “check profile” button instead. Find anything interesting there?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 7by7 said:

So you don't care that the Prime Minister's office lied on behalf of the Prime Minister's senior advisor?

You don't care that these lies may have been told with the collusion of Cummings and/or Johnson, maybe even on one or the other's instructions?

You don't care what other lies may have been told by one, other or both of them or on their behalf?

Well, it may not matter to you 6000 miles away where their lies will have little, if any, effect on your life. But it does matter to most of us living here in the UK. If they've been lying about this, at the end of the day trivial, matter, what lies are they telling us about the important stuff?

This is why both Johnson's and Cummings' days are numbered. This is why the Tories will get rid of both of them at the earliest opportunity. They saw what having a leader the country doesn't trust did to Labour at the last election; they wont let that happen to them at the next one.

Hey, what ever the subject you say the Gov lied............????.........So why should you or I worry.....????

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Say's absolutely everything that needs to be said on the subject. No point in anyone posting anything else in this thread.

Oh wait! I'd love to hear the thoughts of @evadgib on his most quoted person on his most quoted TV program. Come on, Piers right or not?

There was nothing more to be said on this subject after the police decided that Dominic Cummings did not break lockdown rules and no further action was needed. 

So you need to dig a bit deeper into the cesspit that journalism has become.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

The police said no such thing. They said he might have. They have to say might have because the rule has not been tested in court.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/28/durham-police-believe-cummings-probably-did-break-lockdown-rules

The Guardian....????........Why not add the Independent too, they come from the same quarter...????

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

The police said no such thing. They said he might have. They have to say might have because the rule has not been tested in court.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/28/durham-police-believe-cummings-probably-did-break-lockdown-rules

Oh we're back on the Guardian now, Daily Mail didn't arrive this morning then.

4 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

You cannot hang a man because he "might have" committed a murder, only the MSM and a certain section of the left think they can.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, vogie said:

Oh we're back on the Guardian now, Daily Mail didn't arrive this morning then.

You cannot hang a man because he "might have" committed a murder, only the MSM and a certain section of the left think they can.

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2020/05/dominic-cummings-admits-breaking-lockdown-rules-what-happens-now

Newstatesman did arrive though.

4 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

And this is one of the few occasions when Morgan got it right. Mind you, this time he stuck to the facts, not just offered opinions.

The police stuck to the facts...........????

• Like 1

Multiple off topic troll, bickering and baiting posts have been removed.

If mods get called to this topic again holidays will be forthcoming

25 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

A tale of two headlines this morning.

1) The Guardian warns that a WHO study identifies that halving distancing rules to 1m doubles the infection rate. 

Risk of infection could double if 2-metre rule reduced, study finds

2) The Mail, on the other hand, seeks to encourage such behaviour.

Keeping one metre apart slashes the risk of catching coronavirus by 80%, reveals World Health Organization-funded scientific review

Who to believe - a paper that has a longstanding history of supporting workers' rights, or a paper that has a long standing history of supporting fascists and tax dodgers?

I guess it depends on what the risk of infection is to start. Doubling it might be a risk we have to take if it means saving certain businesses such as in the travel industry, if we include the wearing of face coverings etc. 

I am sure there will be Risk Assessments being carried out in all these areas to minimise infection to the lowest level at each distance before a final decision is taken. 

Good old ALARP will play a prominent role. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

I guess it depends on what the risk of infection is to start. Doubling it might be a risk we have to take if it means saving certain businesses such as in the travel industry, if we include the wearing of face coverings etc. 

I am sure there will be Risk Assessments being carried out in all these areas to minimise infection to the lowest level at each distance before a final decision is taken. 

Good old ALARP will play a prominent role. 

To be honest, the very fact that the Mail resorts to sophistry in the headline to try to sell the point sets of alarm bells for me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Say's absolutely everything that needs to be said on the subject. No point in anyone posting anything else in this thread.

Oh wait! I'd love to hear the thoughts of @evadgib on his most quoted person on his most quoted TV program. Come on, Piers right or not?

This Morgan?

Lord Justice Leveson threatens to call Heather Mills to give evidence as Piers Morgan refuses to reveal how recordings of her voicemail messages were obtained.

Journalists haven't been impartial for a very long time & this clown is at the forefront of their demise.

Cummings and/or Spooksville should play him at his own game by looking closely at any dalliance between Morgan & say Reid; Hawkins or Beresford...

Edited by evadgib