Domestic tourism set to explode as govt’s discount packages primed

webfact

Meanwhile, the Kom Lung Jai (Encouragement) package will reward 1.2 million front-line health and other personnel for battling the Covid-19 outbreak.

1,200,000 people for 3,000 cases that's 400 per case !

Was a hard battle for sure ... 

3 hours ago, ChipButty said:

My experience with local tourist is not good 2 bedroom villa for 4 guest, 10 people turn up with 2 dogs quiet clearly stating NO PETS ALLOWED, and had to clean the place 3 times after they left they had let the dogs pi$$ in the house.

Fair play to you,i think i would loose my rag in that sort of situation!

• Like 1

Thai government thinking inside the closed

box, forgetting the $, GBp. Euro, set to

dwindle, under mounting bureaucracy,

special conditions, and additional costs,

not to mention growing government disdain

for farang.

20 hours ago, webfact said:

Domestic tourism set to explode as govt’s discount packages primed

So it will explode because it's going to be subsidised, other-wise Thais wouldn't be interested.

As soon as the promotional offers finish so will the exodus. 

Actually those tourism budgets can help those families who lost their jobs, rather than asking people go on holiday. Those hotel room vouchers can be used for buying household things till the economy becomes stable. Stay in a fancy room and when you come back you are left with no money to buy food for next month or next year. ????

20 hours ago, sapson said:

What a load of boll@cks! ........ exploding tourism, who sanctions this garbage?

But, but.......look at the lead post photograph. The thousands of domestic tourists are travelling by train for speed, safety and efficiency.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

If you are thinking like a criminal and making a scheme to commit fraud, I guess so.

The Thai government treat us expats like criminals, so why shouldn't we think like them?

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

My guess it will be hard to get vouchers,and they will be for expencive hotels if you can get them.also knowing thailand .all prices will be raised for everything.So it will be even more expencive again.Seen it all before many times.Its the thai way.

• Like 2

Claiming that domestic tourism is set to explode, due to a hair brained TAT package is like saying that Bitcoin will definitely top one million dollars in the next three years. Or China's economy will eclipse the US economy within the next five years (which it may!), or the Thai baht will fall below 40 to a dollar this year, or that with the current initiatives in place, we will not have any more global warming issues in the future. Or it is like saying within the next five years, the vast majority or Thai people will gain a great deal of respect and care for their environment. Lastly, it is like saying the economic recovery will be V shaped, and we be back on track very quickly. 

It is absolute nonsense, and a basic attempt, by an astonishingly incompetent tourism ministry, and should be treated as such. 

8 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

Set to explode is a flaming boil...if Thais are smart, they would save their dwindling $ and not travel...

so these food lines and the economy in the tank were just fake news?

sheer propaganda from the tourist industry....start with a survey please!

My Thai friends are not lining up for food and can easily afford to take trips within Thailand.  This stimulus package is designed for people like them, to encourage them to spend their money in the Thai economy instead of just leaving it in their bank accounts.  By encouraging middle class and up Thais to take a subsidised holiday the hope is they take the few thousand in accommodation vouchers, but spend more on other things during their holiday.  

It's not a bad idea.

• Like 1

I'm going to defend their use of the word, explode. If domestic tourism is actually currently dead and at zero, and it increases by even ten people taking a short trip, then ten is actually infinitely more than zero. That's kind of like an explosion. Like the Big Bang when there was nothing and then quite a lot appeared and expanded. 

25 minutes ago, seancbk said:

My Thai friends are not lining up for food and can easily afford to take trips within Thailand.  This stimulus package is designed for people like them, to encourage them to spend their money in the Thai economy instead of just leaving it in their bank accounts.  By encouraging middle class and up Thais to take a subsidised holiday the hope is they take the few thousand in accommodation vouchers, but spend more on other things during their holiday.  

It's not a bad idea.

It's like welfare for the well to do. Great idea.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, seancbk said:

It's not a bad idea.

My wife fits your description of those being targeted.
But - how many, like my wife, don't want to go anywhere because they have bought 100% the government's message that "Covid-19 is highly contagious and is a killer virus" and if you drop your guard just a little bit - it will kill you!!!  Muuhhhaaa.

Look around you at those who want to wear masks wherever they go!  Those people are afraid.  And fearful people ain't going on holidays regardless of what incentives the government who scared the h*ll out of them in the first place offers them now.

It's as good as saying, "Covid is going to kill you!!! But here's a coupon to go touring in Thailand."  That's a real mixed message for the Covid Believers.  The true believers, and there are millions of them created by their own government, aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

• Like 1