Domestic tourism set to explode as govt’s discount packages primed

webfact

2 minutes ago, connda said:

My wife fits your description of those being targeted.
But - how many, like my wife, don't want to go anywhere because they have bought 100% the government's message that "Covid-19 is highly contagious and is a killer virus" and if you drop your guard just a little bit - it will kill you!!!  Muuhhhaaa.

Look around you at those who want to wear masks wherever they go!  Those people are afraid.  And fearful people ain't going on holidays regardless of what incentives the government who scared the h*ll out of them in the first place offers them now.

It's as good as saying, "Covid is going to kill you!!! But here's a coupon to go touring in Thailand."  That's a real mixed message for the Covid Believers.  The true believers, and there are millions of them created by their own government, aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

Would be interesting if they could do a valid representative survey where Thai people would be honest rather than saying what they think is expected about this. My experience in my local area of BKK is different. My wife and nearly all of our neighbors don't seem to think there's any risk and mostly due to so many recent news reports of no local transmissions anywhere in the country. When I walk around my large neighborhood in Ladprao, probably 5% of people wear masks. They wear them if they go to the markets at the rate of 80-90% but I think largely out of social pressure rather than actual fear of infection. 

• Like 2

It won't matter one dot to the likes of Pattaya, Samui and Phuket Jomtien this evening, restaurants deserted, massage shops empty, salons, 7/11 Foodmart all empty...yet the beach in daytime packed with domestic Thai tourists...The only ones to gain are, tollways, mom and pop shops in the provinecs and gas stations...even bring the Chinese back won't help most of the business

On 6/8/2020 at 3:30 PM, JCP108 said:

And 100 randomly chosen lucky people will get a Get-Out-of-Jail-Free! card to use if they forget the rules and drink a b**r while traveling and post a photo of said activity on a social media platform!

What is the problem of posting a photo of ones self enjoying a beer, on Facebook, as long as your personnel settings are for friends only.....

On 6/8/2020 at 4:18 AM, sapson said:

What a load of boll@cks! ........ exploding tourism, who sanctions this garbage?

People who have social standing, money, and prestige in their own country unlike losers who flee their own countries in search of brides in a foreign land for a marriage visa.

Edited by Mulambana

13 minutes ago, Mulambana said:

People who have social standing, money, and prestige in their own country unlike losers who flee their own countries in search of brides in a foreign land for a marriage visa.

Until the marriage falls apart which is probably what will happen.