Eva air cattle market

Steve Vincent

2 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

$400 extra is really a bargain to go up to business class. I would have jumped in a heart beat.

The OP didn't say the upgrade was to Business Class.    On EVA, an upgrade from Economy is to Premium Deluxe.

22 hours ago, ukrules said:

You should have booked business class.

The chairs are not only larger but also more spread out and many less to each row depending on the plane type of course.

Business class is lovely for the 1% who can afford the 135,000 baht RT. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, robblok said:

What a strange remark, OP wants social distancing but expects to pay the same price ????

Either you pay more and get your distance, did you really expect the airline to take the hit ?

He obviously wasn't that concerned about it either, he stayed on the flight!

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

But trump says it's OK, ingesting disinfectants can quickly kill the virus.

Where did he say that? link please............

Or is it more anti Trump made up nonsense? Boring!

Article is in Newsweek if you want to practice reading ???? 

Russian scientists have reportedly come up with a new way to treat the Wuhan coronavirus (COVID-19) using ultraviolet (UV) light, the same technology that the mainstream media mocked President Trump for suggesting as a potential “disinfectant” remedy.

Covered by none other than Newsweek, one of the media outlets that surely railed on Trump when he first mentioned it, the technology has been brought to bear by experts from the Institute of Physics and Power Engineering (IPPE), which also develops treatments for many other viruses and pathogens besides the Wuhan coronavirus (COVID-19)."

Edited by CGW
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, robblok said:

What a strange remark, OP wants social distancing but expects to pay the same price ????

Either you pay more and get your distance, did you really expect the airline to take the hit ?

That's what's wrong Rob, 100% of hits always seems to go to the customer, not just on flights but anywhere, it's time business people took a share of the hits as well.

21 hours ago, Pilotman said:

You are being naive. What do you expect, airlines are not charities, they are commercial enterprises.  If you don't like it, don't fly.  Nobody is forcing you onto an aircraft at gun point.   

They act much like charities though.

They pocket the profits in the good times then scream for government bailouts in the bad.

Thai Air has been a practically free service for the elites here that the man in street subsidies with his taxes.

Richard Branson is a tax dodging deceptionist also screaming for help.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Guderian said:

EVA BR67 from Taipei via Bangkok to London is as safe as international flying can be at the moment. Only people from Taiwan (virus completely under control) and Thailand (virus completely under control) will be on it, so I'd say you have nothing to worry about from the close proximity. Now BR68 coming back here from the British plague pit will be a different matter, lol...

Only boarded in Bangkok - the Taipei leg is a 'dead leg' (presumably to get over the 'no international arrivals' rule.

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

But trump says it's OK, ingesting disinfectants can quickly kill the virus.

Up to you whether you believe what he says/anything he says.

Trump did not say that.   Up to you whether you believe what has been twisted and fed to you by the left-wing media!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/8/2020 at 6:59 PM, bodga said:

I'm not  getting on any plane  until this  nonsense is  over. Air  France can keep their Business  Class  ticket I  booked back on January and paid for and shove it right up their Khyber  Pass.

If immigration kicks you out after July 31, I don't think you have so many options than getting on a plane. 

Departed Thailand Sunday the 7th June,. Waited at airports immigration as they took my passport off me and asked me to sit in the overstays lounge,, thought a fine was occurring,.instead waited 15min and allowed to leave without fine ! Temp taken several times as expected and social distancing displayed around the airport,. which is understandable in today’s climate,. Thought the flight would be social distancing as that’s what I’ve been use to whilst being in Thailand the last 3.5 months ( paid 21,000 baht economy class ) instead it was like a cattle market without any social distancing as every single seat was full “. Complained and didn’t want to take a seat - stewardess called some fella and said a new memo was issued ! Was told if wanted to upgrade would cost me 400 dollars refused as already paid for return flight ! Didn’t work out and then Rebooked 21,000 flying back to the u.k it’s this type of negligence that increases your chances of catching the virus .... when eating people’s arms touching you and people walking around without masks is clearly wrong. Will be contacting the airline with my concerns ! Screening wasn’t that intensive either Heathrow staff looked short with more police in attendance than customs officials 

1. So the last flight to the UK on June 7th before mandatory 14 days quarantine kicked in on the 8th June and you are surprised it's full.  You are not the only person trying to beat that deadline.
2.  Everyone in your picture seems to be wearing a mask.
3. Your mask is barely hanging on to your nose so you are probably posing more of a danger than anyone.
4.  If you were so scared and didn't want to take a seat why did you?  You were offered a reasonably priced upgrade.
5.  I am sure the airline will note your concerns accordingly.
6.  Did you get Covid and die or are you OK?

Edited by josephbloggs
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

That's what's wrong Rob, 100% of hits always seems to go to the customer, not just on flights but anywhere, it's time business people took a share of the hits as well.

Businesses taken the hit too so what your saying is not true. Both should take the hit.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Don't EVA fumigate the aircraft before take-off? Cabin crew walk through with aerosol cans. Doesn't stop direct contact but...

They did in February when I flew to UK. Can't remember on the return?

If one wants social distancing then be prepared to pay for half the vacant seat next to you.

That spray is just to kill any insects such as mosquitoes, to prevent the spread of malaria. The planes are probably cleaned and disinfected between flights due to COVID.

On 6/8/2020 at 6:53 PM, Steve Vincent said:

Thought the flight would be social distancing as that’s what I’ve been use to whilst being in Thailand the last 3.5 months ( paid 21,000 baht economy class ) instead it was like a cattle market without any social distancing as every single seat was full “

People aren't seeing through the hoax yet, 'eh? 

AnutinSpecial.jpg.19d36a2c3162e62da5bfd0bdc4ea05a6.jpg

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, 473geo said:

Thanks for the update OP you got there in the end - this thread has made me smile a bit

Regarding your freezer, I always defrost, empty, and clean my fridge and freezer prior to departure then place a towel in the door to soak up any unexpected water that may appear and keep the doors slightly ajar, works well.

When I leave my UK home for 2-3 months, I empty the fridge of perishables but frequently leave loads of cooked food in the freezer  which is always OK on my return.

6 hours ago, DaLa said:

I'm not so sure, especially as they don't allow donkeys on flights.  Well, maybe in some parts of the US.

Especially Air Force One ???????? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, VBF said:

When I leave my UK home for 2-3 months, I empty the fridge of perishables but frequently leave loads of cooked food in the freezer  which is always OK on my return.

Each to their own, when I travel I use the opportunity to use the frozen stuff up that it does not sit in there too long especially my home cooked meals which I like to keep at less than a month old, give the equipment a good clean out. Soon refill on my return knowing everything is current

Another less important reason is unexpected power loss, when I am away is not a worry

2 minutes ago, 473geo said:

Each to their own, when I travel I use the opportunity to use the frozen stuff up that it does not sit in there too long especially my home cooked meals which I like to keep at less than a month old, give the equipment a good clean out. Soon refill on my return knowing everything is current

Another less important reason is unexpected power loss, when I am away is not a worry

As you say, each to his own - you're right about the possibility of a power loss but in UK that is such a rare event that it's not much of a risk. Also, as long as you leave the door shut, a freezer's contents will stay frozen for many hours if the power does fail, so even an hour or so wouldn't matter. 

On 6/8/2020 at 7:14 AM, VocalNeal said:

Don't EVA fumigate the aircraft before take-off? Cabin crew walk through with aerosol cans. Doesn't stop direct contact but...

They did in February when I flew to UK. Can't remember on the return?

If one wants social distancing then be prepared to pay for half the vacant seat next to you.

How can fumigating an aircraft prior to take-off protect you from a covid carrier sneezing on you?