Eva air cattle market

Steve Vincent

26 minutes ago, madmen said:

A mate who is a leisure globe trotter just reported exactly the same , not a single seat empty.

OP were duty free open? What food and drinks on board , heard just snacks ?

Duty free open although 90% shops closed in airport and 2 meals served on board 

2 hours ago, robblok said:

What a strange remark, OP wants social distancing but expects to pay the same price ????

Either you pay more and get your distance, did you really expect the airline to take the hit ?

economy class “ was the only available ticket,.not about the money as have terminal Ill family member.. Just wanted to return,. Was only offered upgrade when on the flight - previously paid for a flight and got cancelled - still waiting for the 30,000 baht refund 

1 minute ago, Enoon said:

Looks like I timed it just right:

£330 to UK with EVA on 1st May.

My row and rows in front/behind me, 1 seat gap between each passenger.

.............."which was nice".

Happy days that’s what I thought reading previous posts “. Seat person and so forth - still you can’t win them all and returning was important due family reasons ????

2 hours ago, dodgybros said:

The airline sets the 'social distancing' rules, many do not think it necessary due to the deep cleansing of their aircraft. Take a chill pill, you are still alive <deleted>.

AirAsia new rules, passengers must wear masks at check-in, all the time on board, at luggage recovery.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Maha Sarakham said:

I have to say, what did you expect? 

You chose to fly at this time, you chose what class you wanted to book, and you rejected the opportunity to upgrade if you were that concerned about the virus distancing. 

Don't expect someone else to shoulder the cost for your penny pinching.

Only blame the airline ... previously had flight cancelled awaiting return of funds and at time booking was the only available flight !  Still thought as some previous returnees stated seat person blah blah only told of update on plane ... suppose som na na me ???????????? at least arrived - not the money it’s about safety and social distancing 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, scorecard said:

AirAsia new rules, passengers must wear masks at check-in, all the time on board, at luggage recovery.

Flew from ubon with Thai smile and as you say social distancing in airports and aboard the airline itself excellent service..... felt safe and will use again 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Steve Vincent said:

Flew from ubon with Thai smile and as you say social distancing in airports and aboard the airline itself excellent service..... felt safe and will use again 

Actually I didn't mention Thai Smile and truth be known I would rather walk than patronize any transport associated with Thai. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Don't EVA fumigate the aircraft before take-off? Cabin crew walk through with aerosol cans. Doesn't stop direct contact but...

They did in February when I flew to UK. Can't remember on the return?

If one wants social distancing then be prepared to pay for half the vacant seat next to you.

No they don't, the spray is purely for small flying bugs like mosquitoes.  It does not protect against bacteria's and viruses. In the last few months, all Eva aircraft have undergone deep cleaning and disinfecting.  No guarantee of safety of course, but it does no harm. 

Edited by Pilotman
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Pilotman said:

You are being naive. What do you expect, airlines are not charities, they are commercial enterprises.  If you don't like it, don't fly.  Nobody is forcing you onto an aircraft at gun point.   

I agree with what you are saying. But there was a general agreement with IATA that all flights would follow social distancing rules. That was a statement agreed by carriers around the world.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Maha Sarakham said:

I have to say, what did you expect? 

You chose to fly at this time, you chose what class you wanted to book, and you rejected the opportunity to upgrade if you were that concerned about the virus distancing. 

Don't expect someone else to shoulder the cost for your penny pinching.

We have ALL read about flights and social distancing, so we expect it. The cost of the ticket has sod all to do with it, you pay what they ask for....????

32 minutes ago, Raphus said:

I agree with what you are saying. But there was a general agreement with IATA that all flights would follow social distancing rules. That was a statement agreed by carriers around the world.

Lufthansa CEO on June 7: “We have now introduced a mandatory mask requirement on board. But what is important is that there has not been a single case of infection on any of our planes, because our air conditioning systems clean the air onboard constantly and thoroughly,” he said. “Nowhere is the air as good as on an airplane … I can only advise everyone: Whoever is afraid of corona should fly more.” [my italics]

I'll fly anywhere as soon as I know I can get back - although I suspect not all airlines would be as clean as LH.

Edited by Disparate Dan
  • Sad 1