Pattaya biggest swimming pool condo ? Pattaya longest swimming pool condo ?

scoupeo

hello,

do you please have any idea of what is pattaya biggest swimming pool condo and/or pattaya longest swimming pool condo ?

I am interested to buy new units but i target only condo with giant pools.

Where please ?

Thank you.

• Like 1

Many of the new low-rise condo projects have large lagoon style pools in the center of the projects with the buildings surrounding the pool.  T.W. Jomtien Beach condo and Ananya condo have two of the longest rectangular pools I can remember seeing.  Riviera Jomtien has a large ground level lagoon pool as well as two sky pools.  The pools at Zire, The Palm, and Baan Plai Haad are fairly sizable.  

• Like 1

Longest as in straight, uninterrupted length or contiguous length ? 
There's a couple just off of Soi Boonkanchana, close to Jomtien 2nd road, that have "pools" the seem to go around the full length of the inner courtyards. I visited friends at the Amazon place once and the pool seemed quite long.
I think it is bigger than the Park Lane complex that is closer to Boonkanchana.

https://amazonpattaya.com/photo-gallery/

There are probably others around near as big, or bigger even. <deleted> loads of condo complexes in the area now.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Henryford said:

I wouldn't call those long thin lagoon pools as big. The best one is probably View Talay 2, as mentioned above.

One thing I always consider, as I like to swim, is pool size in relation to the number of units in the condo project.  The View Talay pools are relatively large but so are the number of units in the projects. VT2B has nearly 1000 units so its pool size would be ok in a condo with maybe 500 units but I think  just barely adequate with all the units it has.  Some of the newer projects have quite sizable pools with condo numbers much smaller than the VT projects.  Ananya Beachfront, for example, has just 95 condos and a pool that looks at least as large as VT2B.  

1 hour ago, peterb17 said:

View Talay 2B has one of the nicest / large pools 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, newnative said:

The View Talay pools are relatively large but so are the number of units in the projects. VT2B has nearly 1000 units so its pool size would be ok in a condo with maybe 500 units but I think  just barely adequate with all the units it has. 

They probably work on the same idea that Internet Service Providers use and that is that most of their subscribers (owners) won't be using all of the facilities to full capacity at any one time. Thus ISPs lease smaller blocks of bandwidth and use the caveat that "d/l speeds may vary during peak periods" or words to the effect so their butts are covered during times when more people are online, knowing that for most of the day, most people won't come anywhere close to using the max available.

For condos, even during "peak" periods they probably expect that most of the facilities won't be used to full capacity. Over time people will adjust their schedules and some will go to the fitness center earlier or the pool later, when they expect the crowds to be smaller.

The builders probably have a formula of something like "(X) number of units x (P)sqm of pool" to determine how much space to allocate to such facilities. Many condo projects here are built by the same companies so they probably have a good idea of how much is "enough" for a building containing "that" many units.

The OP didn't specify what the intended use of the pool was (i.e. for lounging/splashing/relaxing beside with a drink or for fitness where one could do laps, hopefully without too many interruptions).

One thing to keep in mind, the more facilities in a project (and the bigger they are) the higher the maintenance fees for the condos in that building will likely be.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

They probably work on the same idea that Internet Service Providers use and that is that most of their subscribers (owners) won't be using all of the facilities to full capacity at any one time. Thus ISPs lease smaller blocks of bandwidth and use the caveat that "d/l speeds may vary during peak periods" or words to the effect so their butts are covered during times when more people are online, knowing that for most of the day, most people won't come anywhere close to using the max available.

For condos, even during "peak" periods they probably expect that most of the facilities won't be used to full capacity. Over time people will adjust their schedules and some will go to the fitness center earlier or the pool later, when they expect the crowds to be smaller.

The builders probably have a formula of something like "(X) number of units x (P)sqm of pool" to determine how much space to allocate to such facilities. Many condo projects here are built by the same companies so they probably have a good idea of how much is "enough" for a building containing "that" many units.

The OP didn't specify what the intended use of the pool was (i.e. for lounging/splashing/relaxing beside with a drink or for fitness where one could do laps, hopefully without too many interruptions).

One thing to keep in mind, the more facilities in a project (and the bigger they are) the higher the maintenance fees for the condos in that building will likely be.

That's true, thank goodness, regarding the owners not all using the facilities at the same time--but it applies the same to condos with 1000 units and ones with 200 units.  Having lived in both and enjoying a swim without running into other swimmers, I'd rather be in a 200 unit condo project with a large pool rather than a 1000 unit condo with a large pool.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PMinThailand said:

SevenSeas condo has the biggest pool. 6.000 sqm. Pool consists of 7 interconnected pools. I have a 2br condo there which I am selling. If interested, pls PM me

Ill give you 20 baht for it, and chance being robbed. About all they’re worth 

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, peterb17 said:

View Talay 2B has one of the nicest / large pools 

How does the pool at View Talay 2B compare to the pool at View Talay 2A?  Same size?

Having said that the View Talay 2A and 2B projects are getting older.  They were built in 2002.  View Talay 1A and 1B were built in 1997.  I think the elevators at 2A and 2B are kind of small for the size of the complex but not sure what the occupancy rate is like for either.  My guess is that the actual rate of residents at any one time is not that high so when using the huge pool it isn't that crowded.  

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Hanuman2547 said:

I think the elevators at 2A and 2B are kind of small for the size of the complex

Even #5s have that issue. A pal broke his hip and a stretcher cannot fit in them... a painful manhandling down the steps was required. 

23 hours ago, Hanuman2547 said:

How does the pool at View Talay 2B compare to the pool at View Talay 2A?  Same size?

Having said that the View Talay 2A and 2B projects are getting older.  They were built in 2002.  View Talay 1A and 1B were built in 1997.  I think the elevators at 2A and 2B are kind of small for the size of the complex but not sure what the occupancy rate is like for either.  My guess is that the actual rate of residents at any one time is not that high so when using the huge pool it isn't that crowded.  

since when is there 2 pools at any view talay ?

They all have only 1 big pool and I think Viewtalay 1 has the biggest.

8 hours ago, gamesgplayemail said:

since when is there 2 pools at any view talay ?

They all have only 1 big pool and I think Viewtalay 1 has the biggest.

VT2A and VT2B are separate projects with separate pools--same for VT5C and VT5D.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, newnative said:

VT2A and VT2B are separate projects with separate pools--same for VT5C and VT5D.

At one time could people not use both? And when one is under some maintenence go to the other? I did hear of some issue with the AirBnB/ short rental customers causing crowding of pools.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

At one time could people not use both? And when one is under some maintenence go to the other? I did hear of some issue with the AirBnB/ short rental customers causing crowding of pools.

Not sure about reciprocal use.  Airbnb is a definite problem with some projects--especially large projects with units in the 25 to 40 sqm range.  Some new and newer Pattaya projects were designed and marketed for use by Bangkok owners, who would use them only occasionally as getaway condos and not many at the same time except maybe on long holiday weekends.  The pools and gyms were sized for perhaps 20% of the condo units being occupied. 

This worked fine for projects like Lumpini Park Beach, one of the first by a Bangkok developer.  It has 1800 units in 3 thirty story buildings.  2 pools but a small gym for that many units.  However, it worked while I live there because lots of the units were owned by Bangkok owners and it was occupied probably by only 20% of the owners most of the time.  I could swim in the morning and there might be 1 or 2 other people in the large pool.  1800 units but each pool only had maybe a dozen pool chairs--but it worked.  They only needed extra chairs on long weekends.  Same with the gym, small but normally not crowded.  The neighbors on either side of me lived in Bangkok and came maybe 2 or 3 times a year.  On my floor, with maybe 30 condos, only around 3 or 4 had people living there all the time.  

Fast forward a few years to a couple other large projects by Bangkok developers in central and south Pattaya.  Also marketed to Bangkok buyers but by then Airbnb had taken over and many units were bought as short-term illegal rentals.  Some owners purchased 30 or more units to set up boutique hotels within the project--cheaper than actually building a boutique hotel and they could use the condo staff to do some of the work.  Instead of 20 or 25% occupancy you had much more all the time--and the facilities suffered.  As did the long-term residents.

Buying a condo today, I would look for a smaller project with 500 units or less.  Harder for an owner to buy multiple units if there are fewer available in the first place.  Desirable if most of the units have been sold and most to individual buyers.  The current two condos I own are in excellent location projects of less than 200 units and around 500 units.  Neither project is new and illegal daily renters are not a problem.  Both have large pools relative to the size of the project.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2020 at 9:36 AM, newnative said:

One thing I always consider, as I like to swim, is pool size in relation to the number of units in the condo project.  The View Talay pools are relatively large but so are the number of units in the projects. VT2B has nearly 1000 units so its pool size would be ok in a condo with maybe 500 units but I think  just barely adequate with all the units it has.  Some of the newer projects have quite sizable pools with condo numbers much smaller than the VT projects.  Ananya Beachfront, for example, has just 95 condos and a pool that looks at least as large as VT2B.  

I live myself in VT2A, the pool is mostly empty until 3-4 PM, locals has other things to do, the tourists going to the beach anyway... VT1 has bigger swimming pool, but for two building. 

P1000514.jpg

P1000517.jpg

P1000519.jpg

P1040201.jpg

2007_02140091.JPG

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gabor said:

I live myself in VT2A, the pool is mostly empty until 3-4 PM, locals has other things to do, the tourists going to the beach anyway... VT1 has bigger swimming pool, but for two building. 

P1000514.jpg

P1000517.jpg

P1000519.jpg

P1040201.jpg

2007_02140091.JPG

is the restaurant good there ? open early morning for breakfast ? western food ?

thank you for the nice shots.