‘To defeat virus, 9 out of 10 Thais must follow Covid-19 rules’

webfact

When has Thai people ever been following the rules? People have been dying in traffic every year becazuse nobody follos the rules but think they are all alone on the road. so why should they suddentrly follow mask rules?

21 hours ago, 2long said:

"For example, if 1 million people are infected, up to 100,000 people will die..."

So that's 10% of all infected people die, not because there's a 10% mortality rate, but because it's much higher than that and they can't save everyone?

He should get his facts right before going public.

Perhaps he studied at Imperial College. . . 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, 2long said:

"For example, if 1 million people are infected, up to 100,000 people will die..."

So that's 10% of all infected people die, not because there's a 10% mortality rate, but because it's much higher than that and they can't save everyone?

Perhaps he studied at Imperial College. . . 

21 hours ago, uli65 said:

Is there no end in sight with all this covid nonsene? these self important nobodies are a real shame.

My answer to this is, is there no end in sight to COVID-19? The answer to my question is, with your attitude, there is NO end in sight to Covid-19!

21 hours ago, uli65 said:

Is there no end in sight with all this covid nonsene? these self important nobodies are a real shame.

Just wondering how many phases are there? We are up to phase 3 now, July 1st is reported to be phase 4. Is there a phase 5,6,7......? And when is the state of emergency going to be cancelled?? Oh forgot, gotta keep control.

2 minutes ago, abrahamzvi said:

My answer to this is, is there no end in sight to COVID-19? The answer to my question is, with your attitude, there is NO end in sight to Covid-19!

What a load of bool sheet!! If you are so scared, stay in your home until you feel safe (or buy a hazmat suit) so those that aren't brainwashed can get on with their lives.

• Like 2

Lack of widespread testing means it is not clear whether the virus has died out or is still lingering in LOS. We will find out the hard way when the schools open.

As a precaution, all returning students should be screened on arrival and at regular intervals thereafter and parents of any found to be infected told immediately.

This will enable arrangements to be made to protect vulnerable elderly relatives in the nation's many multi-generational households.

Edited by Krataiboy

20 hours ago, Youlike said:

In Europe there are over 100 doctors protesting against the lockdown because it's all fake.

In Europe their is no law against stupidity, not even for more than 100 doctors. 

As I can see also in your post we need it urgently????????????????

And if they do, and Covid-19 is "defeated" ( it now appears that all infections are "imported" anyway), I wonder what reason the Government will give for extending the State of Emergency yet again?

Ah - just had a thought - if 9 out of 10 follow the rules, they could extend the State of Emergency to try to apprehend the 10% (1 out of 10) that didn't!

Edited by sambum

1 hour ago, lensta said:

What a load of bool sheet!! If you are so scared, stay in your home until you feel safe (or buy a hazmat suit) so those that aren't brainwashed can get on with their lives.

I don't think I am scared, or I should stay at home. All I am saying is that the precautionary measures recommended/ regulated by the authorities, which have led to a relative success in fighting the pandemic, should be adhered to and not referred to as BS

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

If there are not any local cases, what restrictions need to be followed? It’s not going to appear out of thin air. What precautions need to be taken if no local cases exist? None.

If they are wanting everyone to take precautions then they are lying about local cases.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wish this guy would double down on hygiene

20 second hand wash.washing your face.social distancing with family groups. masking ,Lastly , how can you police ,shop and restaurant owners covid responsibilities  ,example: cleaning and touching dishes,utensils, glasses tables ,chairs.

Thais and falangs must cover their sneeze when out and about in public places, not just merely turn their heads away.

Edited by riclag

On 6/9/2020 at 3:35 PM, 2long said:

You don't understand it.

It is a Thai Doctor.

On 6/9/2020 at 3:22 PM, webfact said:

‘To defeat virus, 9 out of 10 Thais must follow Covid-19 rules’

Due to a misunderstanding, 9 out of 10 Thais erroneously thought they were the other one the rules didn't apply to. 

• Haha 1

I have a question for the ThaiPublic Health Minister Mr. Anutin Charnivirakul. Remember him? He's the one who called is "Dirty Farang" because he saw some not wearing masks. He suggested we should be kicked out of Thailand. On the back of a Thai Media that delights in bashing Farangs this just serves to exacerbate the xenophobia that exists, and promotes fear and loathing of Farang. Anyway, on the weekend me and my (Thai) girlfriend went out for a bicycle ride. We wore masks, and were out for just over one hour. We live in a beach town and the beaches had just been opened up. About half way through the ride I noticed that a lot of Thai people were not wearing masks or were wearing them under their chins. I started counting. I got bored counting after I got past 500 people. In that total I confess I saw 4 Farang also not wearing masks. One was in a coffee shop, sitting alone, watching the world go by. One was on the back of a motorbike being driven by his Thai girlfriend who was also without mask. The other two were walking along the street again with Thais not wearing masks. A good number of the people not wearing masks were standing at food carts either buying or selling food. Almost all of the people selling food had masks under their chins. So, Mr Charnivirakul, are you willing to retract your disgusting comments or are you willing to call your own countrymen dirty Thais? Are you willing to tell them they need to be kicked out of Thailand? I think not. We have been lucky to have had zero cases of Covid in our town, but are still subjected to some of the harshest restrictions. Thais coming to town and ignoring the restrictions raise the risk for this town. Where is the enforcement? Non existent as far as I can see.