KFC

DUNROAMIN

When you say "original flavor", do you guys mean "gai noom"?

If so, my 10 year old daughter is going to be devastated.  She can not stand the spicy crispy "gai grob" chicken. She loves the "gai noom" though.

When did this happen? And is it at every branch, or only specific ones?

As many others agree, Texas chicken is a way better product then KFC. Problem with Texas chicken is that there are under 10 outlets stores in the whole of Thailand which half are on highway PTTT gas stations compare to hundreds of KFC stores.

Thailand is just to slow in expanding new fast food restaurants.

Amazing how deluded some foreigners are. Like it some sort of conspiracy.

Its just business, a business sells what is most in demand. If Thais have a different taste then its only normal for KFC to change a bit so they sell more.

Just supply and demand. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, robblok said:

Amazing how deluded some foreigners are. Like it some sort of conspiracy.

Its just business, a business sells what is most in demand. If Thais have a different taste then its only normal for KFC to change a bit so they sell more.

Just supply and demand. 

I bought some "original recipe" KFC just last week. Is this a Thailand wide decision, or just per store?

To be honest, I have always been surprised that KFC in Thailand sells the non-spicy original recipe. Often it is not available and I have to wait a long time for them to fry up a fresh batch, in which case I pass. Late at night they won't cook it. If they have discontinued it in all stores, it's because it's a slow mover, and that becomes a quality issue too as they are supposed to, according to franchise rules, throw it out if it has been sitting in the warmer for over a certain period. I don't think they do and often the "original recipe" chicken is subpar (dry) due to it sitting in the warmer too long.

To call it a deliberate afront to foreigners is absurd. If it is gone, too bad. I think I can live without it LOL.

• Like 1

OMG- do you need counselling or a big sloppy hug. I suggest that if this is the biggest concern in your life it shouldn't be. You must be gutted, just don't be sick as a parrot (not that I believe KFC contains parrots).

@DUNROAMIN

Do you really think that original KFC chicken = farang and spicy chicken = Thai?

Then are we going to get kimchi chicken = korean and wasabi chicken = Japanese?

Everytime I eat at KFC, there seems to be a longer waiting time for the original KFC flavor. So I am not surprised they ditched it.

Edited by EricTh

7 hours ago, nightfox said:

Thailand is just to slow in expanding new fast food restaurants.

The only thing more positive would be if they were all run out of the country.

(Fast food “restaurants“, not Thais) ????

Edited by HighPriority

7 hours ago, EricTh said:

Do you really think that original KFC chicken = farang and spicy chicken = Thai?

The thought had crossed my mind - that Thai people would not be interested in non-spicy, original recipe chicken.

As I live in Pattaya, the stores I visit all have a fairly high number of foreign customers (pre-covid-19, not now), so I assumed they are the ones buying the original recipe.

New Texas Chicken opened on Silom Road a few doors from Burger King. Hurry up, they are probably still doing an introductory 2 for 1  deal (as of last week).

And I noticed a new outlet under construction in one of the Chulalongkorn Uni sois. Opposite the Samyan Market (close to the wide open car park and geodesic dome).

14 hours ago, EricTh said:

@DUNROAMIN

Then are we going to get kimchi chicken = korean and wasabi chicken = Japanese?

Everytime I eat at KFC, there seems to be a longer waiting time for the original KFC flavor. So I am not surprised they ditched it.

One does get sick of Thai spicy foods. it seems to be a mind set here that everything you eat has to have chilli in it.

17 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

One of the most hilarious posts I have seen here.  I assumed you were joking.....but then I checked your other posts and you are ranting about it elsewhere so I think perhaps you mean it.

Do you honestly believe this is an anti-farang conspiracy?  For a forum that is filled with ridiculous people with chips on their shoulders (not KFC chips though, obviously) this one wins the all time prize of ridiculousness.

Oh my God, best you leave.  Or please tell me this was tongue in cheek.  Looking at your other posts though it seems it was not........oh God.  Oh, going through more you are very ranty about Thais and Thailand in general.  You have outdone even Fruitman with this one though.  Anti Farang conspiracy at KFC, ha ha ha ha.

Oh my.

This one was tongue in cheek, settle down, I like ranting especially when the glove fits. You will know when I am really <deleted> off. And this is a forum to express your likes and dislikes, is it not.

56 minutes ago, DUNROAMIN said:

When you live in NE Isaan country, not much of a choice here.

Then don't live there ????

I got a Texas chicken in the mall near me, could even get delivered by Grab.

Edited by robblok

Recipe changing has a long history at KFC.

When a "Crispy" version was introduced years ago, the Colonel panned it by telling the media that it tasted like "wallpaper paste".

His brutally frank assessment led to his contract being renegotiated forcing him out with unseemly haste.

• Haha 1