just had a visit from immigration

3 minutes ago, transam said:

They had never heard of POTY............????

Is it true that when they arrived they asked if the POTTY farang lives here?:cheesy:

Mrs Trans said, no my husband was POTY 2 years ago, and they said, What!!

Edited by colinneil
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Is it true that when they arrived they asked if the POTTY farang lives here?:cheesy:

Mrs Trans said, no my husband was POTY 2 years ago, and they said, What!!

Think they expected me to be wearing pink tights......????

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, lee b said:

Never ever sign anything that you don't understand. I would have it translated first. No way would I have signed it. Hope your OK.

Always surprises me why expats make such a scene, they have the ability to access and post on this site seemingly, but not the ability to utilise google pdf scan translate free service on their phones....

Interesting post. "My wife & I have a business" . On a marriage visa you also work ?

If your business is home based & you have a work permit of course you can paint the fence.

If you have no business & it is your house you can still paint the fence.

Or have those days changed ?

23 hours ago, JensenZ said:

It would be useful to indicate which immigration office and what extension. Marriage or retirement.

I would not, under any circumstances, sign a document I cannot read. All you had to say was, sorry, I cannot read Thai and I'll need to have it translated first.

In 15 years of dealing with the Jomtien Immigration Office I have never once been handed a document to sign which didn't have an English translation.

If you haven't signed a document only in Thai at Jomtien immigration the last few years,then I think you're not honest. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, steven100 said:

if the thai family is treating you ok and you are not being cheated in any way, once again, just to ensure all is ok.

Of course! Why couldn't I see that before? Now you come to mention it, I can almost feel the empathy and concern for my well-being, each time I interact with the immigration police...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, natway09 said:

Interesting post. "My wife & I have a business" . On a marriage visa you also work ?

If your business is home based & you have a work permit of course you can paint the fence.

If you have no business & it is your house you can still paint the fence.

Or have those days changed ?

our business is home based and I dont have a WP and thus dont work in the said business but they said I can still paint the fence. My staff member witnessed them saying it. Im off to buy the paint

11 minutes ago, bbabythai said:

our business is home based and I dont have a WP and thus dont work in the said business but they said I can still paint the fence. My staff member witnessed them saying it. Im off to buy the paint

You rebel you! ????

The paranoia manifested on TVF gets more profuse! but to hell with the "law" I'm going to cut the grass today - yes - without a work permit! ???? 

Might wait for it to cool down a bit first though ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1