Second wave of infections may not be so bad if everyone cooperates: expert

snoop1130

26 minutes ago, J Town said:

The governor of Texas said "EFF the experts, we're gonna open anyway. YEE HAW!!!"

They are now suffering four days straight of the largest numbers of people being hospitalized. This isn't just testing positive, they're dying.

Is there something special in Texas making them die more than elsewhere? Or are you just trying to embellish.  If you read the news, a large part of the increase is in Jefferson county due to their prison system. Are you suggesting they let the prisoners out to yee haw and herd cattle? (herd immunity Texas style?)

Most of the new cases were "due to a change in how the local health department is reporting" cases from the prisons, he said. Hot spots like prisons have recently started to do mass testing, and the data is not always reported daily.

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/06/10/texas-reports-largest-single-day-increase-coronavirus-cases/

Edited by rabas

If China didn't...

If........did

If.......did..

ok, ok.  maybe a vaccine next spring.  I'm thinking lockdown until next May, camera inside and outside your room checking your masks, and 5000 baht fine every month if you wear the same mask twice.  

then, after, vaccine, another 10-months of lockdown to really be safe.

then we go into phase 2 or 284

16 hours ago, Mavideol said:

that's not wise to compare Thailand and China death rates.... both not accurate thus irrelevant to use as comparison

Exactly. Both not accurate. People don't go see a doctor, they can't afford it. They die at home in their villages. Then the local policeman comes and fills in a form: "He is dead, age 67". Nobody examins the dead body for corona.........You don't find what you don't want to find...

Edited by P100

16 hours ago, 473geo said:

Google tells us '10 - 30 minutes of midday sun several times a week' is enough to maintain healthy levels of vitamin D

You guys are taking vitamin D supplements in Thailand!

A few minutes in the sun would be enough for people who are able to manufacture sufficient Vit D using sunlight.

For people like me, unfortunately for genetic reasons I do not. And therefore I take 2000IU per day in Thailand and everywhere else.

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Second wave of infections may not be so bad if everyone cooperates: expert

No domestic infections recorded for how many days?

Any inbound people are quarantined immediately, so where is the second wave going to come from?

Scare tactics to keep the populous under rule!

17 hours ago, PerkinsCuthbert said:

"Thailand’s ratio is even lower when compared to 33.56 in the US, 43.51 in France and 60.95 in the United Kingdom."

If he thinks Thailand's ratio is lower when compared to other countries, he is no logician.

Of course it is lower: 0.08/100,000 compared to 33.56, 43.51, and 60.95 is, the way I understand math, a substantially lower rate.

cooperate...you mean as in not taking your mask off as soon as your past the checkpoints at the local markets? Or not lifting up the ropes tied down the sides of the markets and sneaking in through the sides to avoid the checkpoints? Or waiting your turn in line and not crowding up to cut-off the person who is respectfully queing to order or purchase something? Or not walking right through the checkpoints without stopping?

Edited by Lee4Life

6 minutes ago, Archcan said:

Thailand didn’t do anything special. 

Really? Successful lockdown makes for essentially eradicated virus. Countries who didn't have numbers still climbing. I'm grateful that I live in a country that doesn't have to listen to spoiled children and takes care of itself. CERTAINLY not perfect but I keep hearing in the news virus deaths climbing in places like US, UK, and here we are safe.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I used to take them until recently, but at 750 baht they were getting pricey here, so I recently purchased Bioton multivitamins 50 capsules x 2 for 700 baht on special at Watsons, the vitamin D dose in them is 400iu vs 20 micorgrams in Centrum S 50+ which is in fact a higher dose, however also purchased Vitamin D on its own, 60 capsules for 400 baht which has 1,000iu, that said, we only need 800iu per day in the supplement form, so I am overdosing but getting a higher dose for about the same amount of outlay ????

I eat an orange on the balcony. I found there to be sunshine outside.

The second wave won't have passed until next May. So be prepared for another year of banging about in masks and covered in gel. And then you will hear the same thing about a third wave, no matter Thailand's domestic infection rate is 00.00000%.

This is a no no storey, this man is reading  articles and writing His take on the storey.

1. A second spike will not be as bad anywhere with past knowledge.

2. If people take care, of course people need to take care.

3. Etc etc etc money for nothing

the rates are so low as they dont test,all major experts where ever tell us testing is the key,taiwan the only real success along with vietnam pursue this course,if you dont test you dont find anything .its that simple.many cases are asymptomatic and wont spread so......its all been a bit of a con.here we are with  a seriously screwed economy millions out of work many businesses gone,congrats herr general.of course invite the chinese back in first so they can buy what remains of your economy up and disperse it among other chinese companies as they wont do biz with you,10 outta 10 go to the top of the class.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, transam said:

I take Centrum Silver 50+ multi vitamins tabs, I was surprised to read that they have 100% daily dose of vitamin D.....????

A lot of people don't realise when taking vitamins that they may not be getting what they really need. Many vitamins say MDR on label means Minimum Daily Requirement.  So they are giving you 100% of the minimum amount that you body needs not a mid level or maximum amount your body can use.

Bottom line: Vitamin D intake is recommended at 400–800 IU/day, or 10–20 micrograms. However, some studies suggest that a higher daily intake of 1000–4000 IU (25–100 micrograms) is needed to maintain optimal blood levels.Jun 4, 2017

CoQ10 is recomended at 90--150 mg a day but I have been DNA tested and I have been advised to take 300 mg a day.

Everyday one of these "experts" steps in front of a camera and microphone to spew out some more scaremongering propaganda. Look at his photo, these experts tell everyone that they must wear mask and observe social distancing, but there he is, no mask. These people  are laughing at the Thai population.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, 473geo said:

Google tells us '10 - 30 minutes of midday sun several times a week' is enough to maintain healthy levels of vitamin D

You guys are taking vitamin D supplements in Thailand!

As a redhead, Google tells me that 10 to 30 minutes of midday sun several times a week is enough to maintain agonising levels of sunburn and increased risk of skin cancers......

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

As a redhead, Google tells me that 10 to 30 minutes of midday sun several times a week is enough to maintain agonising levels of sunburn and increased risk of skin cancers......

Then I suggest perhaps the eggs and mushroom route for you, unless these give you an allergic reaction, I guess you can be safe in the knowledge that google and myself appreciate there are those who must avoid prolonged exposure to the sun, so do not under any circumstances rush out there on our account ????

Edited by 473geo

1 hour ago, flint said:

Thailand fails to tell of the thousands died from pneumonia and other respiratory diseases. Thailand is full of BS only the tourists dollar is important to the government muppets 

If only the tourists dollar is important to the government, why did their policies cause lots of expats to leave, and tourists to stop coming? and this was way before the "pandemic" came.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

If only the tourists dollar is important to the government, why did their policies cause lots of expats to leave, and tourists to stop coming? and this was way before the "pandemic" came.

The Chinese Yuan?

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, YetAnother said:

in other words; stay at home for a month and hold your breath

Don't be so stupid. I go to the open market 3 different days of the week  distancing is not possible but wearing a mask essential together with clean hands (sanitized).As items are handled then put back. It's just common sense what's required.

• Like 1