Statue of scout founder Baden-Powell to be taken down in Britain

snoop1130

48 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

The right wing are mobilising their forces.

Will Farrage or Tommy be in the vanguard?

Highly unlikely.

Like Mayor Khan and the BBC do you class our veterans as "right wing" seriously, if you do, you can put me on your ignore list too!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Snippets from The Guardian rolling feed.

Some Far Right groups are still expected to be present on Saturday in London, discussions on their online forums among football gangs has turned to mobilising in other cities and towns including Leeds, Bristol and Sunderland, against perceived threats to contested historical monuments. In Poole, locals have prevented the authorities removing a statue of the founder of the Boy Scout movement, Robert Baden-Powell.

Hope Not hate warned of a particular potential flashpoint on Saturday in Leeds, where football groups and the Far Right have more traditionally been more interwined than elsewhere, as well as in towns such as Shrewsbury, which is home to a Clive of India statue as well as the English Border Front, a football hooligan firm of the League One club Shrewsbury Town.

Rolling feed of bullshine.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, torturedsole said:

Is it just me or is it the case that last year's climate change activists that caused chaos in London have jumped on the BLM bandwagon as a useful vehicle to get back on track in causing more chaos.

Dunno. I'm for the earth every time (Trump and numpty associates are so wrong on that) but all this going on right now is complete <deleted> leftist tat. Remove all the statues if you want, draw back history - where to, before or after speaking German, where do you guys want to start?

Off topic posts, trolling posts, offensive posts and the replies have been removed.  Please remember the following forum rules when posting:

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

8.) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

19 minutes ago, rvaviator said:

So much easier to 'feel good' about doing something right about the past than dealing with real issues happening right now. 

That would be a good idea when the economy is going the down pan.

Edited by tribalfusion001

What a wonderful opportunity these Yobs have given Dictatorships and Chinese style Nations, and its hard at the moment to disagree. Now they are showing on their Media the riots proving to their masses Democracy doesn't work if you dont crack down on dissidents, thieves an vandals.

16 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Decolonize school curriculums and have balanced history lessons.

At school, not that long after WW2, the war was never mentioned in history lessons, never, to this day I don't understand why. But I was taught a lot about William the Conqueror and others of the era...????

13 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

You can enjoy your chlorinated chicken and hormone treated steak next. 

What you write is simply nonsense. Do you find any statue of Hitler in Germany? Or Mussolini or Franco? Many people are still proud. 

The old times are gone. Kings and cronies are outdated. They got their assets built on murder and blood. 

Not worth to remember. 

They are all sort of Randy Andy. Didn't learn anything but enjoying under aged little girls. 

You want to remember that sort of people once? 

Or somebody who wants to be the tampon of his darling? 

Stop it. I've to vomit. 

You better get to Rome, S.A.P, with your hammer and chisel and start demolishing the Colosseum..

Right up your street.....

• Like 1

Why are the governments letting these thug vandals dictate what should happen.  ???

I just don't get it .......  

These vandal protesters should have been forcibly removed and charged at the start. 

Absolutely disgraceful .....  nothing more than idiots who try to change the truth of the past.  

12 minutes ago, transam said:

At school, not that long after WW2, the war was never mentioned in history lessons, never, to this day I don't understand why. But I was taught a lot about William the Conqueror and others of the era...????

I think that was because it was hardly History, you could walk round most European Cities in the sixties and still see bits of the carnage.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pineapple01 said:

I think that was because it was hardly History, you could walk round most European Cities in the sixties and still see bits of the carnage.

I did, but was never taught what happened.....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, transam said:

You better get to Rome, S.A.P, with your hammer and chisel and start demolishing the Colosseum..

Right up your street.....

In more ways than one ????

(????????)

Back to the topic; I believe the statue remains in situ & would like to see Bear Grylls in full rig guarding it.

Edited by evadgib
  • Haha 1