UK abandons plan to introduce full border checks with EU on Jan. 1 - FT

webfact

Just now, vogie said:

I think the 1st of Jan 2021 is what the government are working to, thats the best we can muster I'm afraid. But to want your country to suffer is just cutting your nose off to spite your face, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised or maybe like a lot on here to save face you want the UK has to fail.

I never voted for damage to the UK economy. Others did that.

For me Brexit is the gift that keeps on giving.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, vogie said:

He has lived up to my expectations, he was never going to live up to yours and that is where the bitterness lays. He promised no more extensions et voila, no more extensions. An extension was the last chance saloon for many remainers and democracy has been served in tall glasses.

Wait. The horror show is not over yet. Now the UK statement of the unilaterally open trade border is on the table. I'm curious how it will go on. Let's see how the living conditions for the normal UK population will develop. Free NHS health insurance for everyone. How nice. Let's see if the whole thing remains affordable.

New establishment of production companies at the lowest corporate tax rates. The only catch here is that the UK market alone with 60 million consumers is far less attractive than the full EU market access with over 450 million consumers. 

And the golden cow of the UK, financial services will probably be cut off completely in the no deal case.

Ok you can have all the fish, but that's not even 1% of the UK GDP. Cheaper imports with reduced product quality are also possible. But it looks more bleak on the revenue side. That is nicely financed with loans against.

I am surprised that none of the Brexit fans look at the growth in UK public debt. But that doesn't matter to Brexit fans, they're all millionaires.

MBGA 

Make Britian great again.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

No one wants the UK to fail. But the failure is homemade. The EU has never banned doing good business with the world. But overestimating yourself and voting in fools without a plan doesn't really make things any easier.

It's called democracy tomacht8, this is what the UK voted for, to have not delivered on a vote of this kind would have been the end of democracy. You are wrong, many do want the UK to fail and many of those are our own citizens, they will lose face you see and they don't want to be proven wrong.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, vogie said:

It's called democracy tomacht8, this is what the UK voted for, to have not delivered on a vote of this kind would have been the end of democracy. You are wrong, many do want the UK to fail and many of those are our own citizens, they will lose face you see and they don't want to be proven wrong.

And you know what they want because you're their psychotherapist?

7 hours ago, vogie said:

Another fine example of the Boris democraty.....

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/jun/12/chief-nurse-dropped-from-no-10-briefing-for-not-backing-cummings

????????????

Edited by david555
  • Like 2

Even their own bible has now day by day a Brexit page in destress …… in the comments from article their readers threatening to stop their contributions as they don't like the publishing ….. pure destress for the final outcome of their " taking back control " project ...…. reading them I found out the Thelegraph is (can be ) pure fun …. I never knew ????

Just  "May's  kicking the can further on the road " goes on …., only now in " Boris version " Brexit light 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/06/12/britain-not-ready-full-border-controls-eu-imports-six-months/

Britain not ready for full border controls on EU imports until six months after Brexit transition period, Government admits 
Businesses importing EU goods must record what tariffs they should pay from Jan 1 next year but will not have to pay them until July 

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, johnpetersen said:

And you know what they want because you're their psychotherapist?

If I can make one thing clear, I am not and never have been a psychotherapist, if I was it would be me needing the councilling after reading some of the remainers posts on here.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

I respect your optimism.
The referendum is how many years ago?
Over 50% voted for Brexit. No question.
In the last election, 38% voted for BJ?
Absolute number of votes.
I don't mean the seats, but the real distribution of votes.
I have a different understanding of democracy if you take a closer look at the real distribution of votes in the UK.

All been answered before, no matter how you twist the numbers, our voting system gave the Tories a whopping majority of over 80 seats. All the political parties knew where the goal posts were before the election, it's no good after an election and losing saying 'we would have won if we had put the goal posts on the half way line' The goal posts were the same for all parties, even Lord Bucket Head.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, vogie said:

All been answered before, no matter how you twist the numbers, our voting system gave the Tories a whopping majority of over 80 seats. All the political parties knew where the goal posts were before the election, it's no good after an election and losing saying 'we would have won if we had put the goal posts on the half way line' The goal posts were the same for all parties, even Lord Bucket Head.

Which was not the point of the poster you reacted to.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Sure, blame the EU. It would be funny if it wouldn't be so sad.

Yep...38,86 is the exchange rate Google voice search just gave me ...and it is even just Saterday ...wait when the markets full open  & implicate the news

Btw....as concelation for Brits ....€ got also a hit because no "extension Brexit " ????

Edited by david555
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, vogie said:

If I can make one thing clear, I am not and never have been a psychotherapist, if I was it would be me needing the councilling after reading some of the remainers posts on here.

Then how is it you have access to the unstated motivations of those who oppose Brexit? Mind-reading?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, vogie said:

Didn't realise logic and common sense had such a profound effect.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, stevenl said:

I don't think it hurts anyone, but it will hurt you in time to come.

Remainers, inside and outside of the UK, are not anti UK, brexiteers though are anti EU.

But not necessarily anti Europe, indeed many have lived and worked there.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, johnpetersen said:

Thanks to the pandemic, Boris' level of competence has been clearly demonstrated. It's not just Brexit opponents who will suffer under his mismanagement.

How does someone 'manage' a pandemic? The last 'DS solution' covered the B-B-Black ('I mentioned it once but think I got away with it???? ) Death several centuries ago. The nearest modern equivalent was the Tsunami but even that was little help to the likes of the current UK Govt or crisis.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Boycott ALL EUSSR goods

And expieriance the real meaning to live on a Island .......the real needed reason why ages ago you sailed out to the seas to find what you did not had on that Island ...????????????

Edited by david555

Just now, samran said:

See: Australia, New Zealand, Taiwan, Hong Kong. 

You’re welcome. 

The forensic tooth-brushers will no doubt back this by comparing their combined populations to that of UK. I'll await their findings...

7 minutes ago, evadgib said:

The forensic tooth-brushers will no doubt back this by comparing their combined populations to that of UK. I'll await their findings...

...and they’ll find competent leadership following scientific advice promptly was a key factor.

Gawd, even Prauyth outshone Boris on this one. That’s saying heaps...(and extremely worrying).

Edited by samran
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1