Governors told to get tourist attractions ready for phase 4 of lockdown easing

rooster59

7 hours ago, Cali farong said:

What tourists???

Bejing is in lockdown with new cases so there goes 

Chinese.  Oh that’s right the Chinese are on preferred list.

Pushing domestic tourism. Foreigners no longer required

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

There will be plenty of people throughout Thailand desperate to get out and about, look at the beaches of the holiday weekend just passed.

Tourists do not need to be from overseas.

"Tourists do not need to be from overseas"... So maybe find another Planet as the one you are on is not the same as everybody else. Most of the people on the beach were probably locals getting away for a break from there empty shops, bars, and the restaurants, if you have a good memory, they would be the places that tourists frequent, so, "not" the hundreds people that were expected. Remember! local people have not worked for 3 months and more months to follow. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Governors told to get tourist attractions ready for phase 4 of lockdown easing

To get any movement on domestic tourism you have to either give a voucher, cut the price by 75% or give money back.

Thais will queue all night & all day for free, but pay full price LOL

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Cali farong said:

What tourists???

Bejing is in lockdown with new cases so there goes 

Chinese.  Oh that’s right the Chinese are on preferred list.

56v29000 Americans today. Maybe Beijing doesn't deserve the ire?

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

The people that have not worked for 3 months seemed to have plenty of money to come out on the Holiday weekend just passed or did you miss that?

1- a weekend at the beach doesn't cost a lot. Just petrol for the pickup.

2- only a minority of people didn't work last 2-3 months. The majority did work (yes!) and so has easily money enough for a weekend.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

1- a weekend at the beach doesn't cost a lot. Just petrol for the pickup.

2- only a minority of people didn't work last 2-3 months. The majority did work (yes!) and so has easily money enough for a weekend.

OK, what's your point?

Were there domestic tourists there or not?

• Confused 2

I have to ask. Do most domestic tourists stay in the 5 star hotels and go shopping

like foreign tourists? Do most local tourists go to the fancy restaurants? I doubt that most

Thais spend money like the foreign tourists do, and that means that there are still

lots of Thais out of work, and many Hotels will stay closed, and other tourist business like tour buses

not being used. I am happy that the Thai people can now travel throughout Thailand

and enjoy being a tourist in other parts of Thailand, it is a start to better days for some.

Geezer

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

I have to ask. Do most domestic tourists stay in the 5 star hotels and go shopping

like foreign tourists? Do most local tourists go to the fancy restaurants? I doubt that most

No easy answer.

In Pattaya there are Thai tourists staying in the Hilton or their own condo, and buying in luxury shops from Terminal 21 or Central Festival...

and there are pickups with the whole family in the back who park near a beach and sleep in their pickup and on the beach before leaving the next day...

No idea on the ration between these 2 categories.

• Haha 1

The wife and I were at Chatuchak last weekend. They seem to have declared Corona over. No one's bothering with check ins/outs. The temp scanners don't even work. They're holding them to everyone's head for less than a second and just waving them in. Being one of the few farangs I got a "Oh, farang! Thank you teacher!" Haha. One of the "quality tourists" they so desperately need back, I'm sure. We enjoyed coffees and fish cakes in the air con restaurant.

Social distancing, what's that? Same on the BTS when we went back. Then Lotus On Nut was a complete madhouse. It looked like that Minneapolis Target that was looted, except they were conducting normal business. So much for the new normal. Looking forward to getting back to the pub and the footy again this weekend.

• Like 1

In Klong Wan the Wing 5 Golf Course has been closed since March. The back gate is closed. But guards are still in the front. Nobody seems to know when the GC & Manao Beach (all inside the Royal Thai Air Force base) will open. Yesterday we had a great lunch as beer was finally available.