Thailand is ranked 2nd in global COVID-19 recovery index

webfact

And at number 154 (drumroll, please) is the United Kingdom!

They're doing better than Somalia (just), but still below Venezuela.

(Europeans, please note Belgium is at 150, the Netherlands at 162 and Sweden way down at 171)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

expressed his thanks to everyone in the country for their discipline

Please  no my sides  can't  stand it.

I the real world certainly out  of  Bangkok nothing changed at  all, no distancing at  all,  still eating form the same shared cutlery bowls etc. Mask only raised to go into a  shop,many at half  mast, Thais constantly  touching their masks .

Ill await the  full scientific   research later for Thailands low death rate as far as I can see it certainly was not the Thais controlling this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, rasmus5150 said:

If you only test a small percentage with faulty tests, and also "try" to fiddle the actual numbers so you can spin that Thailand is safe - then I'm surprised that Thailand did not come in 1st place.

If it's a toss up between a bank of highly qualified professionals and your bar-room opinion guess which way most thinking people will go..

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, mr mr said:

no need to thank us PM. we were only following your wise and confident decision making. THANK YOU pm for keeping thailand safe during this whole pandemic.

you deserve a rest. take a holiday. buy one get one free for hotels soon. 

Id  suggest the U.S, UK or Brazil for him.

1 minute ago, wensiensheng said:

Not many deaths in New Zealand. So not much to recover from. Unsurprisingly they don’t figure because to all intents and purposes they don’t qualify

yes, quite.  people are too quick to jump on the band wagon of knocking the study.  It's a statistical analysis, no more than that, with boundaries and limitations.  It should be treated as a useful indicator, one of many around right now,   not as the solid gold position. I guess some people skipped statistics in school. 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

exactly.  They can't use data that has not been collected.  No conspiracy here.

I understand there is a global movement to drop the science and instead rely on the TV forum members, yourself included, for the primary data on this.

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Snig27 said:

I understand there is a global movement to drop the science and instead rely on the TV forum members, yourself included, for the primary data on this.

Seems  to  be  working  with  blm 

Edited by bodga

2 minutes ago, bodga said:

Please  no my sides  can't  stand it.

I the real world certainly out  of  Bangkok nothing changed at  all, no distancing at  all,  still eating form the same shared cutlery bowls etc. Mask only raised to go into a  shop,many at half  mast, Thais constantly  touching their masks .

Ill await the  full scientific   research later for Thailands low death rate as far as I can see it certainly was not the Thais controlling this.

yes, and that is precisely why it didn't spread.  The village communities were in effect isolated in their own specific areas, where they could farm and carry out normal daily tasks in isolation from the rest of the communities , same in many other Asian countries.  neighbouring villages in my mother in laws area were isolated together as one community, nobody in, nobody out, but for deliveries, for two months.  Nobody caught the virus.  Good on the Head Men for arranging it.  Why so quick to condemn? 

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

We have some rather creative journalism going on here with conflicting reports on the data used to compile these rankings. 

In the NNT National News Bureau of Thailand report it states:

"To decide rankings, 70 percent of the score was assessed from the drive and changes of the daily situation based on the number of patients under treatment; the rate of cured patients per number of patients; the number of tests per confirmed patients and the number of tests per population of the whole country"

The above in my opinion is complete spin and not a true reflection of how the data was complied, how a country like Thailand with such low testing ratios compared to the rest of the world could get ranked so high? The truth probably being that the data was not at all compiled as above. The actual data gathering for the first 70% score assessment did not include testing information or data on number of daily patients under treatment at all. Instead it relied solely on the number of deaths per captia as stated in their report:

"Proportionate Death Rate due to COVID-19
This parameter takes into consideration the crude death rates of each country and factors its population size, and then compares this to the death rates due to COVID-19 since the first case was reported in the country. This gives a true reflection of how death rates are being affected by COVID-19 in these countries.

The remaining 30% consist of static scores derived from the Global Health Security Index (GHS), an initiative led by the Johns Hopkins University that was funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. The GHS was developed to assess a country’s readiness to cope and handle any epidemic."

https://covid19.pemandu.org/about/

I am unsure if they only counted deaths in hospitals but that is what I heard. Maybe someone can confirm 

Hardly any testing at all. 

6 hours ago, rasmus5150 said:

If you only test a small percentage with faulty tests, and also "try" to fiddle the actual numbers so you can spin that Thailand is safe - then I'm surprised that Thailand did not come in 1st place.

its-not-cheating-kxjbh9.jpg

So? What are the real numbers? thousands of COVID-19 related deaths? Millions? Similar to some developed countries?

Please do enlighten the general public of the true figures. These graphics are becoming too boring now...even after many, many beers.

Edited by ravip
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

SO here's a suggestion. 

Allow Australian people to return to their homes in Thailand  and anyone else who wants to get back. 

One country at a time.

Starting with the number one for covid19 recovery. 

No quarantine or crazy insurance cover. 

4 hours ago, barrykay said:

i am from Australia. no way are we ahead of NZ or the real champs....Taiwan. where is No. 8 Lithonia? it can't be Lithuania because they are hopeless. I wonder did the Gullivers Travel Company include the land of Lithonia for this survey.

what about latvia......and sweden....?? iceland....greenland....??? faroe islands???

3 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

Read the NZ herald today an exclusive report about China cover up of actual cases and deaths said to be under reported by at least ten times.

So pork pies have been rife in China

Because NZ says so.

Right.......

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, dallen52 said:

SO here's a suggestion. 

Allow Australian people to return to their homes in Thailand  and anyone else who wants to get back. 

One country at a time.

Starting with the number one for covid19 recovery. 

No quarantine or crazy insurance cover. 

my ozzie mate told me a couple of days ago that HE could be struggling to get a visa to return thailand.....