Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Shocked i was shocked

colinneil

For years I get always helped at Foodland to put my purchases in my bag. 

This was done by young helpers, staff, even management. 

Lately only sometimes. This at Foodland Pattaya Klang, and now here in Thonglor, where I am for the moment. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I must be the odd one out, in fact i know i am. Apart from poping into 7/11 and Amazon thats it. Not been in Big C type places in since they first opened here, novelty and all that.. Now Home Pro places i love, can mooch for hours. Can get a tad lonely being left out of BigC T Bags are 5Bht cheaper than Lotus and the never ending "Someone Parked in a Disabled spot" when having a put Thailand Right Session with others ferangs Sunday Lunch time..... Shocked?, Yes, at the endless whinging of Ferangs here. Ive got a wonderful collection of Tap Washers and Electric Plugs from Home Pro, dont feel good walking out with nothing.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

I hope you sent your wife to see the manager.

Why would i send my wife? Store manager is on very good terms with me, also every other staff member has a;ways been helpful towards me.

This woman i have never seen before, i have always had good / helpful response from all big C staff.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

For years I get always helped at Foodland to put my purchases in my bag. 

This was done by young helpers, staff, even management. 

Lately only sometimes. This at Foodland Pattaya Klang, and now here in Thonglor, where I am for the moment. 

Ive always had a good experience with Foodland on Klang, since the bag ban came into effect I  use a big plastic container that stays in my pickup so at the check out my purchases go from trolly to be scanned and then back into a trolley... shop assistant then pushes trolly to my pickup an places my purchases in the plastic tub.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Don Mega said:

Ive always had a good experience with Foodland on Klang, since the bag ban came into effect I  use a big plastic container that stays in my pickup so at the check out my purchases go from trolly to be scanned and then back into a trolley... shop assistant then pushes trolly to my pickup an places my purchases in the plastic tub.

Yes, that was the usual way. As I wrote, all staff were very helpful. 

Well it may come back this way in a near future. 

14 minutes ago, Antonymous said:

Sorry that happened to you Colin. But I couldn't see that her behaviour was specifically anti-farang?

Poor training and not knowing how to cope with a person in a wheelchair, probably. Bad attitude, definitely. A word with the manager would be in order.

Agree.  I feel badly for the OP, but this could hardly be classified as an anti-farang episode.  Too often we jump to conclusions and some farangs in Thailand want to immediately label an unpleasant experience as anti-farang when that may not be the case at all.  Honestly, if this woman harbors some sort of resentment towards handicap people, I would find that much more reprehensible. 

• Like 1

Hi Colin; Try to forget this matter, it is not worth any "ink" to talk about she.  You know well and must to be realistic, IMO the anti-Falang sentiment is there, sometimes visible, another ones hidden...

Just; ignore it.

• Like 2