Shocked i was shocked

colinneil

Sorry to hear about your bad treatment, Colin, let's hope that this person gets her ear full after you talk with the manager.  Obviously, the other people you mentioned did all treat you ok, right?

That said, I have not received any bad treatments in both big and small shops here around Pattaya, but more states than before.

But what do you expect with this so called "health minister" and the fact that the government announced to continue banning entry from farang, because "they bring the virus"... poorly educated Thais will listen to this nonsense and believe it...

• Like 1

Bummer Colin that sounds really confusing

What is odd is why the cashier had a problem with the lady behind you helping put that on belt?

Then about the bag you gave her.... There is one main market in the USA "Safeway" who now no longer allows you

to use your material reusable bags. They in fact say not allowed in stores (part of whole covid new rules deal)

Instead they supply free brown paper bags...So I imagine could be that about bag?

The rest though is weird ????  Never a dull moment eh? ????

Edited by meechai

3 minutes ago, pineapple01 said:

OMG, why does a light topic turn into a Bicker Fest. Are we meant to walk about with Coat Hangers in our Mouth, or a Mr Angry Face. Colin just felt felt like a tiny moan and is now being bitten.

It's hardly a tiny moan when you are taking one isolated incident and turning it into a claim of racism, or assuming there must be a sweeping "anti farang" resentment amongst Thais.  If Colin had just had a moan about bad service from a grumpy cashier no-one would have disagreed with him and I am pretty sure everyone would have been on his side.   But why turn it into "it must be because they hate farangs"?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

You could have just written a post saying you got an unbelievably grumpy cashier in Big C and everyone would have gone "really, how interesting".  

But add in "it's anti farang" and everyone comes running.  

I went out yesterday in a blue shirt and a motorbike didn't stop for me at a zebra crossing and instead glared at me for trying to cross.  He must hate farangs!  I feel so victimised.  Wait, maybe it was the shirt.....Why is it that there is an anti blue shirt sentiment amongst the motorcycle community here?  I'm sick of it!   Or perhaps that motorbike guy was just a ****?

Radio Rental !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skallywag said:

Sorry for your strife.  It could be the check out/cashier person was just having a bad day. 

I experience the same at Big C extra Pattaya, and have had words with them lately.

As I posted in another thread some time ago, the checkouts at Big C are sloping, which makes it very inconvenient to fill your bag when items come sliding to it all the time.

I have tried a few times lately to give them the bag, so they can fill it on the horizontal platform as they have done always in the past, and they plain refuse.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

First time in 3 years of going into big C HAVE I SEEN ANY ANTI- FARANG NONSENSE.

Sorry for your mistreatment Colin.

I have seen the changes of late, suffice to say the smiles in the LOS are gone IMO, albeit I wish I could even say that I do still see the odd one here or there when people ride past my place, but I don't.

I was in Central Shopping Centre just yesterday with the family, it was busy, I usually wait out the front of the shops the wife decides to go into as I don't like being in and around crowds at this point in time, call it social madness.

So will either sit if there is a seat available or stand, got to tell you the stares were different to how they used to be, before I would get some smiles, sometimes would get someone sit next to me and strike up a conversation, the usual where you from etc etc etc, while they were also waiting for their wives, but it's been a while, people wouldn't sit next to me, although they would stand opposite or around, but when another Thai would get up and give up their seat, those standing would take it, call me paranoid, but it would appear that the people of Thailand are getting fed wrong information.

Wife was buying some stuff at the local market the other day and one of the sellers said to her, you must be worried about your husband being stuck in Australia with the Covid-19, and went on and said we have to be careful of farangs because they all have the disease you know, my wife said; my husband is here, he lives here, has done for 5 years, oh, still you have to be careful because they mix with other farangs who have it too, my wife said farangs haven't been aloud in the country since they closed the borders, how are farangs going to spread the disease, it's only Thai's that are allowed in the country who come back with the disease, wife then put down what she was purchasing and left, surprised she kept her cool ????

Proud of my Tiruk ???? 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Once again you are making crazy comments, there is a reason to complain, woman said words to security man, i hate farang.

When on any of my posts have i implied i was looking for sympathy?

Just think yourself extremely fortunate, you have not got to live with problems like mine.

When I read the headlines that you were shocked, I thought you had a electrical ground problem with your chair. I was not correct (wrong) you have problems because you feel entitled, maybe because your British and/or handicapped. I doubt you fully understood what was being said or you could simply ask politely for assistance. 

Cheating a multi-page rant is not going to help you. How many times have to started threads praising those who go out of their way to help? Of course the Store Manager will tell you what you want to here and you'll go on thinking your entitled. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

Don't worry Colin

There was one evil cow in my local 7, Give her, her due she was satanic to everyone,

One day she picked on an old Thai Bird ( i was behind in queue) there was words she disappeared over next few days only to reappear a few month later helping deliver eggs to q mart.

I said hello and dont you work in 7 i believe i got a grunt and a rude response , as a gentleman from Dudley i cannot repeat ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I have seen the changes of late, suffice to say the smiles in the LOS are gone IMO,

"A majority of people do not want foreign tourists to return soon, according to the results of a poll.

According to the results of an opinion survey by the Suan Dusit Rajabhat University, or Suan Dusit Poll, the majority believe foreigners could spread the disease and Thai people should be able to enjoy the country first."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PatOngo said:

You possibly caught her at the wrong time of the month...…….PMT!

This could be true.

Frustrated about something else or just a bad day not a fun job.

I would not take it personally Colin her issue.

Just smile and be nice kill them with your kindness.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Puchaiyank said:

Getting a pre-game taste of the new normal...?

Its been that way for some time, you just missed it.

For colin out in isaan is it I bet it is a shock. I stop at friend in P-loke. Trips to and from CM from the pa sak. Phitsanuloke's Tesco, tops, Big C and more, have been that way for a decade. Obviously it is not a reaction because of tourists or sexpats, there aren't any in that town. Media driven and always has been.

Edited by LomSak27
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Thank you dear, but if anyone needs to lighten up it is Mr Colin.  Ranting about racism is not to be taken lightly, especially as he provides no evidence that it was nothing more than poor service at Big C. 

Did the lady pack all the Thais' bags but then refuse to do Colin's?  That would indicate there is an issue.  Did Colin ask her what the problem was?  It seems not.  Colin doesn't speak Thai.

Also Colin indicates he was helped by the lady behind him and by the security guard who I assume were Thai.

Sorry, it's a ridiculous post and deserves calling out for its claims of racism.

Well to answer your post, HOW DO YOU KNOW IF I SPEAK THAI OR NOT.

You are just jumping to conclusions without knowing the facts.

Edited by colinneil