Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Shocked i was shocked

colinneil

56 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Behave yourself, if i put everything that happened in my op, it would be 2/3 pages long.

why would a woman say such a thing in English.. I mean how many Thais eve know what it means. So i take it it was in Thai ? I mean what is the reason for 2 Thais to converse in English. 

Or is your Thai that good that you understood the Thai words.. just sound funny to me.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, robblok said:

why would a woman say such a thing in English.. I mean how many Thais eve know what it means. So i take it it was in Thai ? I mean what is the reason for 2 Thais to converse in English. 

Or is your Thai that good that you understood the Thai words.. just sound funny to me.

Did i say she spoke English? No i didnt, she spoke Thai, and yes i understand enough Thai to have heard her say that, not all the conversation with security man did i get, as most of the time they were speaking too fast.

With all the COVID panic about, she possibly was going overboard with the "distancing", "don't touch" stuff. 

Many people are fed up with COVID and all the hoopla surrounding it. Maybe she just snapped ...

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, poohy said:

On the other hand to help Farang Thai relations I always shout "Good morning Natives as i walk into the shop'

If your from Dudley they most likely have no idea what You said.????.I sold some Trucks to a Company there years ago and needed a Translator.Great Honest Folks though.Stayed at a new Hotel in Brierly Hill just opened by Shopping Center

Edited by pineapple01
spelling
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Did i say she spoke English? No i didnt, she spoke Thai, and yes i understand enough Thai to have heard her say that, not all the conversation with security man did i get, as most of the time they were speaking too fast.

I have my doubt about this because if you could not follow all of it you could easily have taken it out of context. Happened to me enough thinking i heard something while something else was said.

I doubt she was stupid enough to say such a thing. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO it was a problem with the specific person, not a store wide problem. Perhaps she had some reason to be angry with farangs and you were an easy target, or she doesn't like people riding scooters inside. Given you didn't go to the manager at the time we may never know the reason she behaved like that.

Agreed should have called Manager immediately if not sooner.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

I can 100% understand this. Why open up when countries in Europe and the US are rife with the virus why import it. Its just stupid. 

Correct,

but this can lead for many to a "Farang Phobia"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, luckyluke said:

Correct,

but this can lead for many to a "Farang Phobia"

I think there would me more Farang phobia if they open the borders at least now they know the ones that are here are not from abroad but have been here for a long time. I make sure to always wear a mask and to follow the rules but plenty of foreigners seem to flaunt the rules making us more outcast then we need to be.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bodga said:

Please get the pronunciation correct it's "Dudlaaaay"

I remember Oilrite Mate ow bin yer.. I was based in Cornwall for 2 years so my Dutch Englisy sounds like Jethro from You Tube. Sorry if i interupted the topic,

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Well to answer your post, HOW DO YOU KNOW IF I SPEAK THAI OR NOT.

You are just jumping to conclusions without knowing the facts.

It's obvious from your posting that your Thai is poor or nonexistent. That's probably why you misunderstand. How do others in your household treat you, other than your wife? Do they cater to your every need and offer to go to Big C with you? If they don't cater to you, the problem is probably with you. 

Thank those who help without being asked, but don't hold it against those who don't. 

BTW because I'll tall, I other help Thais get thing from tall shelves. It's my honor to help. If they say it's nice you're so tall, I usually answer it's OK but not good if you need to get into small spaces, like buses. Usually good for a laugh.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, pineapple01 said:

I remember Oilrite Mate ow bin yer.. I was based in Cornwall for 2 years so my Dutch Englisy sounds like Jethro from You Tube. Sorry if i interupted the topic,

Yaam ok our kid

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, checkered flag said:

How do others in your household treat you, other than your wife? 

Colin is  placed  in the  village stocks weekly and pelted with eggs and tomatoes, last I heard , they said it was tradition.

• Haha 2

Hopefully the security fella made note & somehow passed it along.....

The incident seemed to take a few extra moments.....Hopefully, somebody else from the store noticed & made a comment to a manager......Most employees

probably recognize/know you....

It would probably help if you quit drift racing & spinning out in the aisles of the store....Security camera caught you..... 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Just received a very interesting phone call, from the manager at big C ( yes she has my number in her phone ). Has had for nearly 3 years.

Well you hand full of members having a go at me about racism, yes the woman was being racist.

Apparently she has recently finished a relationship with a farang ( AUSSIE).

Appears things did not go well.

She worked as a cashier in another big C store, and only recently transferred here.

So i have an Aussie to thank for her attitude.

Come on now lads, own up, which 1 of you Aussies was it.?:cheesy:

Are you handicapped ?

5 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Just received a very interesting phone call, from the manager at big C ( yes she has my number in her phone ). Has had for nearly 3 years.

Well you hand full of members having a go at me about racism, yes the woman was being racist.

Apparently she has recently finished a relationship with a farang ( AUSSIE).

Appears things did not go well.

She worked as a cashier in another big C store, and only recently transferred here.

So i have an Aussie to thank for her attitude.

Come on now lads, own up, which 1 of you Aussies was it.?:cheesy:

Cashier to the Manager! Was it a very little Big C?