Shocked i was shocked

colinneil

1 hour ago, josephbloggs said:

Colin has a valid complaint in that he got a grumpy cashier or a cashier that took the Covid rules to the extreme (don't touch, don't pack customers' bags}.  Considering Colin's disability she acted very insensitively and not very well.  She should have been more considerate and helpful.  No argument there.

Where people (including me} take umbrage is with Colin playing the racist card.  There is no evidence in his post or description that this was a racist act.  The cashier did not pack Thais' bags and refuse to do his.  Other Thais helped him.  So where is the racism?   There isn't any.  Calling it anti farang or racist diminishes the impact of the complaint to me - like the boy who cried wolf.  Many people on this forum - dare I say Colin included - seem to have an extremely grumpy outlook here and a chip on their shoulder.  They like to paint themselves as the victim when they are not.

People also don't like the fact that Colin complained to the manager (who has him on speed dial because he is such a jolly bloke who loves a chat no doubt - not because he is a grumpy serial complainer} and has now potentially lost someone their job in an extremely difficult time for Thais, especially those in low paying jobs.  He could have shrugged it off as a moody cashier having a bad day, but no, he has complained about her to hopefully have her punished - which is probably a dismissal.  That is petty and vindictive.  He wasn't attacked, injured, or insulted - he just wasn't helped (which was wrong - he should have been helped}.  

Sorry Blue Sofa, this thread is not an unjustified attack on Colin, it is an attack on his claim of racism and his vindictive escalation to have a lowly cashier punished for a perceived slight against his skin colour or ethnicity - it is ridiculous.

I agree completely,

2 people in the store wnet to bat for him, he could have veiwed it as two charitable acts, instead he has chosen to focus on the individual act of pettiness , if it was even that, and commit one of his own.

The fact we continue discussing it gives him yet more attention.

His account of the issue here here is merely to validate his indignation.

Edited by n00dle
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, colinneil said:

I just hope for your sake, you are never in the same position as me.

If you go out on the roads here take care, anything can and does happen, you can be totally ok driving safely, then BANG you are paralyzed for life.

You would not be so damn smart then.

I just hope if I am ever in the same situation as you I manage to handle it with dignity and avoid making remarks like this when people chose to disagree with posts I make on the internet.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, n00dle said:

I just hope if I am ever in the same situation as you I manage to handle it with dignity and avoid making remarks like this when people chose to disagree with posts I make on the internet.

Do you think you could handle being in a wheel chair with dignity?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DaRoadrunner said:

I have a close freind who does, I certainly hope I would rise to the occasion. I certainly have a role model to look up to.

I have also had the plesure of regularly meeting a group of paraplegic guys who come here annually to wakeboard and I am awed by their skills and attitude, though admitteldy none are of them are in their dotage.

May I never find out though, and may I never passive-agressively wish it on someone who doesnt agree with me.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Bloody insulting to be racist to someone on a mobility scooter.

When you go to complain to the manager, I suggest you take your Thai wife with you, then all will go well. Go alone and there is a risk of losing the only store you can get your scooter into.

Think you have problems, you should see me at the store sign in... Name:- Roadrunner.... Signature:- Beep! Beep!

I assume your scooter does not look like this?:-

ghost rider 2.jpg

I do not need to take my wife with me to speak to the manager, as i on very good terms with her.

Manager speaks very good English, told me over 2 years ago, you ever need help in the store call me.

Anytime she sees me in the store, she always comes and speaks to me.

6 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Over the years I've had many friends who we confined to wheel chairs. None of them took self pity and were proudly self reliant. They found ways to make it happen. Once I had a boss who was in a wheel chair and I tried to open a door for him. He thanked me but said he could do it himself. He found ways to do things without asking for help, because he was very proud. People around him never considered him disabled, only that he needed to use a wheelchair. I learned I better get my job done right because he wouldn't accept failure. He was able to get everyone to up their performance.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, balo said:

I doubt it.  You sound more like a troll to me with your 212 posts on Thaivisa. 

After reading 17 pages with mostly nonsense from your side and clever replies from Colin, my conclusion is your either a troll or born without any sympathy.
If you're unlucky enough to end up in a wheel chair you can come back and post about your experience at Big C. In the meantime , go troll somewhere else. 

Calling people trolls is rich. I didn't cry discrimination because I was a falong and run to the manager to complain. If anything Colin started this to get attention and expects everyone to serve him. 

I find most Thais at Big C or other places to be kind and welcoming, especially when they know you can speak the language. 

He might get some help, sometimes in merry old England. But finding a way to be self reliance is much more dignified in my book.