Shocked i was shocked

colinneil

25 minutes ago, poohy said:

Yoowm saft! Yo cor say tha, yo sayin wim Yampy?

Translation for the disadvantaged.. You are silly You cant say that Are you intimating we are stupid

I remember all that being built before was Round oak steelworks

After 25 years away it takes me about 20 mins to tune into the accent when i'm home

Great place though!

I remember my dad talking about the Round Oak steelworks, he was from Dudley.

As a kid he also had a go at 'legging' - walking a narrow boat under the tunnel near Dudley somewhere, by lying on the roof and using your feet on the tunnel roof to move the boat through the tunnel.

There was a good pub at Netherton lock - The Little Dry Dock that sold some cracking real ale, and also Desperate Dan Cow Pie - it was enormous.

Looks like it's closed now though: https://pubsthenandnow.blogspot.com/2013/08/125-dry-dock-inn-windmill-end-west.html 

Edited by bluesofa
grammar
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

That's what we are convinced of in Flanders. ????

???? No problem we are not convinced that there is any intelligence in Flanders. I thought the standard jokes were Dutch are tight and for us Belgians are not bright. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, colinneil said:

First time in 3 years of going into big C HAVE I SEEN ANY ANTI- FARANG NONSENSE

Do you have written a comment during the last 3 years that nobody treats you worse than Thais? Now it happens ONE time that you feel treated bad and you are SHOCKED and it´s worth that you write a comment?

6 hours ago, colinneil said:

gave him the usual 20 baht

What?!?! You are soooo generous. Do you also tip the cashier that she does her job?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Colin mate, can I ask if you gave the gal

a big smile and a Wadekup.

If you didn't, theres the problem, wimmins

usually cant resist a greeting with a smile.

Unless its yer Missus.

Edited by talahtnut
addition

5 hours ago, colinneil said:

Manager in big C here has always got her staff to help me, i want chicken/ pork

Phew glad you didn't include mutton in that Col' .. 

Check out girl's bad attitude could be down to not getting any boy chicken or pork lolly herself .. 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Talking about trolls, why are you bothering to post, so far all you have posted is hateful s+++e.

Such elegant use of the language. Should I give you a 20B tip?

I guess when you're caught you get a little <deleted> off!

Grumpy old, and arrogant.

Edited by checkered flag

5 hours ago, Berkshire said:

Agree.  I feel badly for the OP, but this could hardly be classified as an anti-farang episode.  Too often we jump to conclusions and some farangs in Thailand want to immediately label an unpleasant experience as anti-farang when that may not be the case at all.  Honestly, if this woman harbors some sort of resentment towards handicap people, I would find that much more reprehensible. 

What you are saying here can probably be used in many cases of discrimination(real or perceived)

Sometimes it is just something some one does that makes your bucket overflow.

Or it is something you do that makes their bucket overflow.

Imo it is not something to spoil your day.

I believe we all have moments where we feel we are not being treated right but is it all discrimination?

I know Colin did not mention discrimination but it is a word very widely and very quickly used these days.

Some people behave badly and have absolutely no idea,i can almost feel sorry for those people.

Yesterday in the parking lot the driverof a new car(red plate)was really being and xss and kept revving his engine.

Just so other people could see he had a new car,was he discriminating?Or was he just trying to offend people?Who really cares?

I walked past him when he got out and asked him in my best Thai if he had a new car?Yes,yes yes!!

So i told him in English,too bad you did not have enough money to buy a nice one.

He probably did not get it.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, colinneil said:

First time in 3 years of going into big C HAVE I SEEN ANY ANTI- FARANG NONSENSE.

What exactly was "anti-farang" [sic] about whatever you say she did?   You'd have made as much sense if you had said that she was being "anti-white", or "anti-disabled", i.e. no sense.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, colinneil said:

there is a reason to complain, woman said words to security man, i hate farang.

How come you've only just mentioned that, three pages into the thread?   In the context of your complaint. it would have been the most relevant part of your initial story.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, poohy said:

Yoowm saft! Yo cor say tha, yo sayin wim Yampy?

Translation for the disadvantaged.. You are silly You cant say that Are you intimating we are stupid

I remember all that being built before was Round oak steelworks

After 25 years away it takes me about 20 mins to tune into the accent when i'm home

Great place though!

poohy ........

Is the Crooked House at Himley still open?

Was on a course over that way and used to love visiting there.

Talking many years ago.......

Edited by laosnative

40 minutes ago, poohy said:

Yes it was  one of Mad o'rourkes empire (Colm o'rourke ) hes sold it now the main pub is The Pie Factory in Tipton https://www.madorourkes.com/

Sorry to disrupt your thread Colin but its important... English n beer n food

Ah, not far from the Black Country Museum.

We had some relatives lived opposite to that on Vernon Avenue. Well, about forty years ago anyway.

6 minutes ago, Bob A Kneale said:

How come you've only just mentioned that, three pages into the thread?   In the context of your complaint. it would have been the most relevant part of your initial story.

It's called "make it up as you go". But she probably doesn't hate farangs as much as she dislikes arrogance. That is as a person that should be catered to. You got it into the basket so you should be able to get it out. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, checkered flag said:

It's called "make it up as you go". But she probably doesn't hate farangs as much as she dislikes arrogance. That is as a person that should be catered to. You got it into the basket so you should be able to get it out. 

Clearly your reading skills leave a lot to be desired, read my posts again, this time take your time, read the BIG words slowly.

Many things top/ bottom shelves, staff do for me, pork/ chicken etc, staff do for me.

Now had you read my previous posts, you would have seen that, instead of trying to make me look stupid, back at you.