Shocked i was shocked

colinneil

19 minutes ago, laosnative said:

poohy ........

Is the Crooked House at Himley still open?

Was on a course over that way and used to love visiting there.

Talking many years ago.......

It is an its 10 minutes walk from the family home and i've only had a beer a couple of times there  my life,

i drink in the Old bulls head or the Widdas ( Miners )both just up the hill  

1 minute ago, colinneil said:

Clearly your reading skills leave a lot to be desired, read my posts again, this time take your time, read the BIG words slowly.

Many things top/ bottom shelves, staff do for me, pork/ chicken etc, staff do for me.

Now had you read my previous posts, you would have seen that, instead of trying to make me look stupid, back at you.

You expect others to do everything for you or you'll complain. As I said before, if you are incapable you should hire a helper, if you can afford it. Do you really want people to pity you? 

BTW how do you get back and forth to Big C. If you can drive you should be able to handle you groceries. 

• Sad 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Bob A Kneale said:

It's the security guard's job to pack groceries now, is it?

Yes, it is also his job to help customers. Same as at Makro where they help to put the bought items in the car. What do you think why there are so many of this guards.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, poohy said:

It is an its 10 minutes walk from the family home and i've only had a beer a couple of times there  my life,

i drink in the Old bulls head or the Widdas ( Miners )both just up the hill  

Why not start a Black Country Topic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, pineapple01 said:

Security Guards in Thailand are helpfull  generally. They are not blessed with the Aint My Job mentality, Have You been ignored by one,????

I agree most are nice and helpful, but I never expect it. The difference is doing something extra because they can and expecting it because you think you are special. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

Yes, it is also his job to help customers. Same as at Makro where they help to put the bought items in the car. What do you think why there are so many of this guards.

This "racist incident" that colinneil suffered was not at Makro.

9 minutes ago, Bob A Kneale said:

This "racist incident" that colinneil suffered was not at Makro.

But at Macro they don't make you put your items on the belt at the cashier. I also don't see them (staff) helping you pick out your pork chops. Very inconsiderate of them.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, colinneil said:

First time in 3 years of going into big C HAVE I SEEN ANY ANTI- FARANG NONSENSE

You have my sympathy, however here in Cambodian (Siem Reap) supermarkets always smiles and assistance - even with help in packing FREE PLASTIC BAGS and carrying them to my waiting tuk-tuk!! A 1 US$ (15 baht) tip always gratefully accepted. Anti-farang - the "future forward" in Amazing Trusted Thailand???

• Like 1

8 hours ago, colinneil said:

Burning the store down would not help me, only local food store i can get in on my scooter.

I was going to call the manager, her number is in my phone, she has always been very helpful to me.

Stupid me forgot my phone on saturday, got home my wife said you silly old man you forgot your phone, you have problem what you do.

Next time i see the manager, i will have words with her about it.

As the article below posted today shows that in a poll, 75% of Thai don't want farang tourists back to Thailand now. They think we are all Covid carriers. Have noticed that some Thai sales girls (who don't know me ) won't  take my phone to have my wife tell them what she wants nowadays. Have to put it on speaker as they don't want to touch dirty farang phone.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Big C is a corporation and large corporations are generally interested in customer feedback regarding its own Customer Service.  Most corporations don't want their employees abusing customers for all the obvious reasons. 

I suggest you start a letter writing campaign and keep on them until you get some satisfactory response form the company.  The cashier was showing your complete and utter contempt.  That should not be left to stand.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

...it was because you were lower than her, and for the first time in her pathetic, air-head life, she was able to show power...take it further mate..like Human Rights Commission..a classic case of abuse. 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, colinneil said:

I posted about what happened on saturday, many members have commented, some differences of opinion, which is good, life would be extremely boring if we all agreed on everything.

Also most members know i like a good laugh, the above post has given me my BIGGEST laugh in years.

Can somebody/ anybody please try to explain to checkered flag about paraplegia, because words fail me, after reading his nonsensical post.

So its all about you, not the poor check out girl, that you ratted on. I'm aware of disabilities but not entitlement. I do feel sorry for you but for not acting like you are special. 

The clerk was probably only following guidelines and if you had noticed she was probably wearing gloves. Did you ask her in your perfect Thai if the other person could help or did you just assume she was in the wrong. Maybe she assumed you didn't understand that flustered her. 

Occasionally, I sense frustration and ask in proper Thai how I can help. Inevitable there is a problem but quickly solved and we leave on friendly terms. I never act better or expect special service (mutual respect). 

I find most Thais to be very honest, friendly and helpful.

If I didn't understand, I certainly wouldn't be running to the boss to complain. 

Now I and the check out girl are in trouble with the boss. 

Edited by checkered flag
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

As the article below posted today shows that in a poll, 75% of Thai don't want farang tourists back to Thailand now. They think we are all Covid carriers. Have noticed that some Thai sales girls (who don't know me ) won't  take my phone to have my wife tell them what she wants nowadays. Have to put it on speaker as they don't want to touch dirty farang phone.

Can't say I blame them. 

• Thanks 1