Visa agent experiences

18 hours ago, BritTim said:

You are probably right. However, corruption in Thailand is very embedded into the way the system works. If anything, corruption in Immigration has worsened over the last 10 years. The "time" until transparent corruption in Thailand disappears could be a "long time".

this change with facilitation of corruption could be sooner than later, especially when tourism is attempted to be revived. In general foreigners are going to be scrutinized far more, and if someone fraudulently allowed to stay becomes infected (and then investigated) you may find a whole new attitude towards this illegality..  

• Like 2

22 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That is common misconception or an excuse used by some people to justify using an agent.

This is what the Immigration Bureau order 327/2557 states.

image.png.fa0e076d591b44b5cfa0e919a118bbb7.png

There would not be a immigration officer at a local immigration office with that authority. It would be at the least be at the division level of immigration.

I think it is a officer at a local office approving them with only unverified copies of documents.

This is not as straightforward as your statement.

The wording of the police order is same as section 35 immigration act.

The local immigration officer has the authority to issue an extension based upon retirement , assuming relevant criteria met. 

Thus the powers to issue the extension must have been delegated or falls within his immigration rank.

In circumstances where the applicant is regarded a special case the power to grant visa must exist unless specifically excluded by the policy which gives the officer the original delegation.

14 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

The local immigration officer has the authority to issue an extension based upon retirement , assuming relevant criteria met. 

In that case number 5 would not be needed since they already have authority to issue the extension.

15 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

In circumstances where the applicant is regarded a special case the power to grant visa must exist unless specifically excluded by the policy which gives the officer the original delegation.

Not at a local immigration office.

13 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

In that case number 5 would not be needed since they already have authority to issue the extension.

The power to grant extension at local immigration is restricted to retirement.

Does any agent apply for extension  that is not for retirement?

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

Well, for at least 10 years people have been talking about the big crack down coming on agents.

It is never ever going to happen it is way too much money being spread throughout the entire system.

Now way, no how.

And, actually the agent facilitated applications are down now.  So, less scrutiny will probably be used by IO's to get the applications through, not more.

The 25,000 b someone mentioned is not terrible as I know guys in Bangkok paying almost twice that now.

To add, not everyone who uses an agent is some non qualifier.  In fact, the several I know in BKK are actually wealthy and do not want to hassle with waiting at immigration and the process, so they pay.

Your right about the convenience aspect but the going cost for the average bloke with no money or insurance is around 15k,to swap to no insurance required category 22k. As of last week.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The local immigration has been delegated powers to issue retirement extensions.

Section 5 would be for cases that the power to grant does not already exist such as reason of marriage.

I've never used one since use a multi non o....but I know folk who do use agents and everyone says the service is top draw and have never had a single problem. You don't have to lift a fingernail everything is done for you incl the 90 day reports. If I ever go down the ext route I wouldn't hesitate to use one. Price range i've heard is 14-20k.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

A local office can approve most extension applications. Only marriage and those  based upon working extensions have to be approved at the division level.

7 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

Education maybe and possibley some non immigrant visa applications.

On 6/15/2020 at 2:32 PM, JohnOFphon said:

I contacted MyThaiVisa last week.

Told them I have a Non OA that expires is 6 weeks.

Came back with a 25,000 baht quote.

No money in the bank and no insurance.

Don't know how they do it. I assume they have an IO on payroll. 

No way I'm ponying up that much.

Unless the extra 10K is because of the insurance-part, that is not a good price over the standard 15K (for retirement) at that location.  On Soi Bukow, a bit north of S-Pattaya Rd, they used to be even cheaper (not sure now).

2 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

this change with facilitation of corruption could be sooner than later, especially when tourism is attempted to be revived. In general foreigners are going to be scrutinized far more, and if someone fraudulently allowed to stay becomes infected (and then investigated) you may find a whole new attitude towards this illegality..  

I seriously doubt the top-guys will be giving up their primary source of income by "investigating themselves."  The few who have been busted, were operating non-sanctioned deals - evidently not sharing up the pyramid.  Those I recall were serving agents/clients from low-income countries, who were getting non-b extensions.

26 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

Add 10K to 15K more for the district officer's sign-off, if you are supporting a Thai family; they seem to find this 'distasteful', so make it more difficult than 'retirement' - though both are "Non-O" extensions.  In Bangkok, you have to hire one of the "law firms," to act as agent for that type of extension.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Well, for at least 10 years people have been talking about the big crack down coming on agents.

It is never ever going to happen it is way too much money being spread throughout the entire system.

Now way, no how.

And, actually the agent facilitated applications are down now.  So, less scrutiny will probably be used by IO's to get the applications through, not more.

The 25,000 b someone mentioned is not terrible as I know guys in Bangkok paying almost twice that now.

To add, not everyone who uses an agent is some non qualifier.  In fact, the several I know in BKK are actually wealthy and do not want to hassle with waiting at immigration and the process, so they pay.

Paid 12,900 for visa in Pattaya 3 months ago 

• Like 2

15 K is not that bad a deal. Health ins runs about 60K/yr, transfer money over from US I'd be losing about 60K bht. Or....or I can pay 15K to agent and no hassle. The agent route is looking good.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, EVENKEEL said:

15 K is not that bad a deal. Health ins runs about 60K/yr, transfer money over from US I'd be losing about 60K bht. Or....or I can pay 15K to agent and no hassle. The agent route is looking good.

Of course you get the visa and insurance tick, but no actual policy!