Foreigners married to Thais set to be allowed to return to Thailand

webfact

8 hours ago, gimo said:

Does it include Parents of Thai children ? Not married . My son and I are waiting to be able get back into Thailand . He is my son by birth and is a Thai citizen with two passports . He came here to Oz

for a holiday and can't get back . I want to return with him to stay permanently .

So with the virus spreading around the world you/he chose to leave Thailand and are now complaining that you aren't currently allowed to return? You needed to make plans about 6 months ago if you really wanted to return to Thailand. This situation is no one's fault but your own. Plan better next time (if there is one).

"I want to return with him to stay permanently".... again, this sounds like a thought you should have acted on 6 months ago instead of waiting and complaining now that the world has changed.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 10

8 hours ago, gimo said:

It doesn't mention whether farangs married to Thais would have to do the 14 day quarantine or not .

the 14 day quarantine is not imposed to make life difficult or on a whim. it is an internationally recognised measure to ensure the safety of your family, friends and others. all my friends returning to the uk during lockdown quarantined for 14 days. it's plain common sense.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Canuck1966 said:

Jeez it's not a death sentence by any means, what are the govt trying to prove?

The fear in Thailand is ridiculous 

Countries are functioning perfectly adequately with thousands of infected people.

I think if you look at the likes of UK, France, USA etc....they are far from functioning perfectly. Most of the workforce furloughed, limited public transport, healthcare in collapse and complete towns and cities retailers closed down  Open borders should be a lesson learned in this virus.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, samsensam said:

the 14 day quarantine is not imposed to make life difficult or on a whim. it is an internationally recognised measure to ensure the safety of your family, friends and others. all my friends returning to the uk during lockdown quarantined for 14 days. it's plain common sense.

Agreed - in the absence of a test which proves someone is clear. 

As the availability of tests increase and as waiting times for results reduce it may be possible to take a test before flying and a test on arrival waiting 20mins for the results each time. 

Even waiting a couple of days for a test result is preferable to a long quarantine.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, gimo said:

It doesn't mention whether farangs married to Thais would have to do the 14 day quarantine or not .

And the $100,000 US Covid insurance.

If Thai nationals coming in are subject to it, rest assured expats will be also.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

If you would prefer to do the full 14 days quarantine instead of the 2-3 day quarantine and Covid-19 test the question should be asked, what are you on?

We are discussing present tense. 

10 hours ago, MASSMAN said:

"Next" maybe a long time with leaders who are using emergency decrees to control the population.  This regime is only concerned with holding power.  The fact that the population is suffering means nothing to it.  The leaders of this regime and the HiSo who support it consider the great majority of people to be as valuable as ants.

Right on comrade!

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

As the availability of tests increase and as waiting times for results reduce it may be possible to take a test before flying and a test on arrival waiting 20mins for the results each time. 

A possibility?

Sadly not currently available.

20 minute test on the spot. Doubt it.

Edited by DrJack54

12 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

What difference other than a piece of paper? 

Thai do not recognize defacto relationships. Plain and simple.

In Oz if you live with someone, think it's only 6 months your in defacto relationship and have rights.

Every country has there own rules.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, gimo said:

Sure they have to quarantine first. We don't want the virus to come here again.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

We know these are all government policies, however, with the availability of testing, quarantine those proven not to be carrying Covid-19 doesn’t make sense. 

another Covid-19 expert ????

• Haha 1