Recommend a reputable jewelry and gold dealer?

Thomas J

My fiance wants some sort of jewelry possibly a gold bracelet.  I know the streets a filled with dealers but I also know I can't tell the difference between gold plate, hollow gold  or 18 karat vs. 24 karat.  Does someone have a person or shop that they have dealt with that they know is honest, and reasonable in terms of a place to shop. 

Big C Extra, Pattaya Klang, first floor opposite Big C (red shop). My wife buys AND sells her gold there (making small profits), no hassle ever. Shop is there for many years already which is another good sign

I found gold in malls to be super overpriced, especially in Pattaya. There is a really nice Chinese owned shop in the City Centre there though that's pretty good. I bought a 18K gold bracelet there. It's called XinKun Jewelry. 

It's actually not too hard to know if you're getting ripped off or not. Just ask whether it's 10K, 14K, 18K or even 24K gold. Then ask for the weight. Then check the current gold price on google per gram. Then calculate the total gram (weight) amount times the current gold price per gram, and you'll know the worth of just the gold, minus the labor of the piece of jewelry and the store owner's profit. I'd say 3-6 (depending on the total amount of the piece) thousand baht extra is fine. 

Edited by reallyaffiliated
extra