Shaking up the social security system

webfact

Shaking up the social security system

By The Nation

800_0f46ebb63df02ca.jpg?v=1592730691

Photo by Wanchai Kraisornkhajit

People who expect benefits from the social security system have marched to the Pathumwan Skywalk intersection to make their case for getting some assistance money during the current crisis.

4I1A0230%20copy.jpg

They are insured under sections 33, 39 and 40 and are asking for release of 30-50 per cent of their old-age pensions to ease the financial crisis that they are facing.

4I1A0216%20copy.jpg

The protesters took off their shirts and sat on the ground with signs that said that they were not beggars, and they were only asking for what is theirs.

4I1A0253%20copy.jpg

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30390032

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-06-22

6 hours ago, webfact said:

They are insured under sections 33, 39 and 40 and are asking for release of 30-50 per cent of their old-age pensions to ease the financial crisis that they are facing.

And at retirement age when your payment is 50% what will you do?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smedly said:

you might want to ask who the 24 million are that are suppose to have received BT5000 x3 May June July, the biggest lie this year

Several of my neighbors and relatives have received the 5,000 baht payments, not sure how many months of them.  One friend missed the first month and got a 10,000 baht payment the second month.  

I know the government sent people to my neighbors homes to make sure they weren't actually working.  (So it's not just us foreigners they like to check up on)

Edited by rwill

4 hours ago, smedly said:

you might want to ask who the 24 million are that are suppose to have received BT5000 x3 May June July, the biggest lie this year

The GF got one payment  last month and Supposedly the second payment  is to be in the Bank Today. ????

8 hours ago, webfact said:

and are asking for release of 30-50 per cent of their old-age pensions to ease the financial crisis that they are facing.

I know Thai planning is sometimes not great, but asking for 50% of your pension pot now is really asking for problems in Thai older age

36 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

I know Thai planning is sometimes not great, but asking for 50% of your pension pot now is really asking for problems in Thai older age

Difficult to get a person to understand that when they have no work no money and little to look forward to, old age is a secondary thought.

• Like 1