TM 30 - new rules from June 30

3 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

It's the rule used by Pattaya Immigration for years. ????

A good one.

(Used at least for those on long extension: retirement, mariage, ...)

actually its not, Jomtien will fine you if they feel like it, i went 14 years without any mention

of a Tm30 , asked to change my visa from retirement as it was best for me, and i hear the IMM O mention a hotel in Udon Thani and all of a sudden TM30 and a fine, they do as they please never mind that i was entitled to change my visa Legally, i did not do what they wanted.

i now have the girl on TM30 desk telling me i do not have to do a TM30 i just filled it in and asked her to file it as it means one less thing they can use against me and the wife.

i will wait until i see all of this in writing and take a copy with me when i visit Jomtien.

Edited by zoza
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pattaya46 said:

Do retirees need to do Border Runs?

some retirees are on 1 year multiple entry VISAS<
not extensions.

so yes,they need leave every 90 days

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, zoza said:

actually its not, Jomtien will fine you if they feel like it, i went 14 years without any mention

of a Tm30 , asked to change my visa from retirement as it was best for me, and i hear the IMM O mention a hotel in Udon Thani and all of a sudden TM30 and a fine, they do as they please never mind that i was entitled to change my visa Legally, i did not do what they wanted.,

i now have the girl on TM30 desk telling me i do not have to do a TM30 i just filled it in and asked her to file it as it means one less thing they can use against me and the wife.

i will wait until i see all of this in writing and take a copy with me when i visit Jomtien.

Good luck with taking that copy....and pointing that out to them , as the they still can follow your originall statement that "they do as they like" ...such thing start making them to show they are the boss 

\Probably you travelled inside Thailand an hence the comment from a hotel? Maybe the hotel report   changed by that your residence history. 

As I said before if you always stay same address you don't have to report a new in Jomtien 

Changing away from the Ret.Ext . 800K/400K they don't like at all as is  much more job , and especial the desk for the married has / have a difficult lady,  many mention that …., 

As a single ret.ext happy bachelor I never have a problem on desk 8

Edited by david555

2 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

Uh? Jomtien always told us (many friends and I, in retirement) that we didn't need to make a TM.30 report as long as our main address doesn't change. Never did during years.

Correct 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, david555 said:

Jomtien Immigration already apply this 2 years , as long as you return to your same address after travelling abroad no new reporting is needed , at least as a ret ext. holder , don't know for other ones ...

Wonderful news. Can I get my fine money back from Chiang Mai Immigration after 8 to 10 years in the same 

Condo when the suddenly started with the TM 30 Rubbish?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Wonderful news. Can I get my fine money back from Chiang Mai Immigration after 8 to 10 years in the same 

I think it would be the same as collecting money for the airlines vouchers ….captain …!????  5555

However about the vouchers you make a chance ….

Edited by david555

4 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

I got my money back fro Korean for my Olympic tickets!

Took 3 weeks only.

yeah "airline people" Captain Mondayamongst each other priority's probably …..???? 

Edited by david555

8 hours ago, Shannoblic said:

Hi Lothda,

Does this mean the requirement to report if already having stayed at an address would no longer be required - and if so will it matter how long the absence is?

For example, I live with my Thai wife in a house we own but we do travel both within Thailand and abroad.  Also, some family members from the UK have visited for holidays [and we did register them] so if they come again does it mean we don'y have to?

I think we need more details and to see the actual government statement with the details in it.

Speak to the office you deal with, each office makes up their own rules. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Captain Monday said:

They got me for 1600, too, even after getting a yellowbook.  At least I got it done before extension time...that would turn a bad day into an awful day.

4 hours ago, zzzzz said:

some retirees are on 1 year multiple entry VISAS<
not extensions.

so yes,they need leave every 90 days

And others are on OA visas valid for a year and need to do a border run just before the validity period expires in order to gain a further year before needing to hit the retirement extension of stay road.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, moontang said:

Logged in..and this is all I get:

Screenshot_20200622-163736.png

Anyone residing outside Thailand now and is able to access the TM30 website or the S.38 mobile app?

I am currently outside Thailand and unable to access both. Few months ago, I was able to access while inside and outside Thailand.

I suspect the access has been modified and restricted to the local Thai servers only.  

2 minutes ago, patrick228 said:

Anyone residing outside Thailand now and is able to access the TM30 website or the S.38 mobile app?

I am currently outside Thailand and unable to access both. Few months ago, I was able to access while inside and outside Thailand.

I suspect the access has been modified and restricted to the local Thai servers only.  

Try a VPN.  I was able to register and log in yesterday...still not 100% sure how to do spreadsheet..

The 90 day app was dead..wouldn't let me enter my password.  Dead button.

Edited by moontang

11 minutes ago, moontang said:

...still not 100% sure how to do spreadsheet..

Did you not read the step-by-step instruction I PM-ed you?

The Excel spreadsheet is not absolutely necessary, but it allows you to fill in the data off-line and then upload the spreadsheet (so that you are able to use it next time again, instead of having to fill in all data again). 

Just PM me if you run into trouble with filling in the TM30 notification.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Did you not read the step-by-step instruction I PM-ed you?

The Excel spreadsheet is not absolutely necessary, but it allows you to fill in the data off-line and then upload the spreadsheet (so that you are able to use it next time again, instead of having to fill in all data again). 

Just PM me if you run into trouble with filling in the TM30 notification.

Somewhat poorly written, TBH.  What is relation?  And why is it in Thai.  Your great instructions start without addressing the numerous people who own their units.  That might be a good place to start with the rewrite.  

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, moontang said:

Somewhat poorly written, TBH.  What is relation?  And why is it in Thai.  Your great instructions start without addressing the numerous people who own their units.  That might be a good place to start with the rewrite.  

It is not written in thai.  And it addresses the 2 options > registering on behalf of the owner or registering as a tenant.  Obviously if you are the owner of your condo, you should register on behalf of the owner (=yourself).

But no more help from my part for you.  Good luck!

36 minutes ago, patrick228 said:

The last update broke the app.  Inside Thailand and cannot access.  Get error msg about missing message file and login button goes nowhere. 

11 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

It is not written in thai.  And it addresses the 2 options > registering on behalf of the owner or registering as a tenant.  Obviously if you are the owner of your condo, you should register on behalf of the owner (=yourself).

Registering as the owner, would make a lot more sense, and sound more like it was written by an NES.  I appreciate you trying to help people, but no need to act like it is the latest and greatest..the website is pig slop, but that is nothing new.  The sample spreadsheet you provide has the box under relation filled in, in Thai..with zero explanation for etc they are even asking for...

It's good that they got rid of this ridiculous requirement, for now.

But rest assured, when tourism picks up and classic Thai hubris returns, jobsworths in uniforms across the country will want this back on the table.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

It's good that they got rid of this ridiculous requirement, for now.

But rest assured, when tourism picks up and classic Thai hubris returns, jobsworths in uniforms across the country will want this back on the table.

It is the easiest way for them to do an add on requirement at extension time..

16 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

One has to ask oneself, why on earth would one want to contribute to their economy, when they want to track our movements, seriously, they know where we live, retirees and married farangs.

TM30, no contribution to their economy from me, we all have choices, the 90 days online is enough for me, my choice.

You've explained your reasons for leaving on several threads. You're heading back to a country that will not let you out again for the foreseeable future, which means if you become disenchanted there, you are up the proverbial without a paddle. The canoe is definitely barbed wire, as befits a modern penal colony.

Perhaps time to give the negativity a rest. I'm regarding this rule change, if true, as a positive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Perhaps you were too busy touting your masterpiece.  But, did you realize you filled out your example spreadsheet wrong.  They specifically ask for mmddyyyy, and you used ddmmyyyyy.  Also, why the code for point of entry and country of origin?  I don't have a crystal ball.

Edited by moontang
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, moontang said:

Perhaps you were too busy touting your masterpiece.  But, did you realize you filled out your example spreadsheet wrong.  They specifically ask for mmddyyyy, and you used ddmmyyyyy.  Also, why the code for point of entry and country of origin?  I don't have a crystal ball.

No I didn't fill it in wrong > it specified mmddyyyy but only accepted ddmmyyyyy.

I could have helped you with any questions you have, but now had enough of your obnoxious replies, and Ignore-list you go!

Good riddance!

• Haha 1

My IO has been going by that since last Sep. Tried to hand in a TN30 after a 4 day trip to Bangkok and was asked am I living in the sames place / Said yes and was told no need only if I leave thailand do I need to file.

If this is correct it is good news. Certainly for people that live in a permanent residence Jomtien only required re registration if you had traveled in from abroad. They said they were not interested in the in Thailand trips.

41 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

You've explained your reasons for leaving on several threads. You're heading back to a country that will not let you out again for the foreseeable future, which means if you become disenchanted there, you are up the proverbial without a paddle. The canoe is definitely barbed wire, as befits a modern penal colony.

Perhaps time to give the negativity a rest. I'm regarding this rule change, if true, as a positive.

A positive, only if its across the board, and only then will it be a 'positive in my opinion, as negative as you think my post/s have been of late.

Also nothing wrong with calling a spade a spade, just depends on whether you expect calling a spade a spade or viewing it as "negativity", e.g. I see things the way they are, others might not want to for their own reasons, and if they want to live that way, all and good for them, but last time I checked this was an open forum, 'negativity' is in one's own mind, difference of opinions, are encouraged, i.e. if your open minded.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1

I just received a translation of the new regulation titled.

"Regulations of the Royal Thai Police regarding the reporting by host, owner or possessor of the premise or manager of hotels that registering the alien with a permission of temporary stay in the Kingdom."

It states that those on multiple entry visas or those entering with a re-entry permit need a TM30 report when they first arrive at a residence or move to another one.

Those on single entry visas or visa extemp will still need to be reported every time they enter the country or stay in hotel and etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

Uh? Jomtien always told us (many friends and I, in retirement) that we didn't need to make a TM.30 report as long as our main address doesn't change. Never did during years.

They told me I only had to report if returning from another country. Then they changed it and said if my stay away domestically was more than 24 hours I had to report. The sign posted in room 10 at Jomtien reflected this. And then I read that it changed again.

1 hour ago, Peter Denis said:

I must have missed anything in this thread regarding condo owner...has the new order recinded the need for a condo owner to file a TM.30 every time he leaves or enters his condo from internally or externally, providing one is returning to the same condo?

Grateful if you can clarify, if you know. Also are these new regulations applicable to Chaengwattana office in Bangkok? When I did my EoS in April I gave a print out of my TM.30 (filed in December 2019), and it was taken, along with the other forest of papers, but no comment was made about it.