Schools, spas, pubs, may be allowed to reopen in 5th phase of easing

snoop1130

"..patrons are not allowed to share tables with strangers..." Just for fun, spitball on just how they could enforce this amazingly unenforceable rule. hmmm Thinking of Old Blue Eyes (Sinatra) tune "Strangers in the night"

1 hour ago, miamiman123 said:

School guidelines absent here. 
NO WAY the schools can run with 20 maximum to a classroom

They won’t and can’t do that. IMPOSSIBLE 

there’s not enough physical space to allow 20 to a class plus you would need 2 times as many teachers.

DO a check when schools open

Impossible! 

Schools are splitting grades the kids study 3 days a week in class 3 days at home.  This is old news.  Some smaller schools are not even changing they are just adding more classes out doors for science and such

51 minutes ago, petedk said:

For the past many years restaurants have stopped serving alcohol at 2 pm. At least in Bangkok.

Oh I nearly forgot - shops too.

NO alcohol sales between 14.00 and 17.00

I spent since years several months a year in Thonglor, never had a problem to get alcohol between 2 and 5 p.m. in "restaurants".

Well they are places where they sell food, they may of course have a different status than the "Restaurant" one,

not really my concern what they are labelled.

I am actually in Thonglor, visited 3 different places where they sell food :

Sukhumvit 33/1

Ekamai - Sukhumvit Soi 63

Thonglor - Sukhumvit  Soi 55

No problem to get a beer between 2 and 5 p.m..

Happy Hour during this time as well.

54 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Not selling from 2-5pm is really dumb in the context of C19. It just means people will all pile in from 11-2 and the place will be packed. Then from 2-5pm it will be empty. Makes no sense. Better to spread it out over as long a period as possible to stop too many people congregating at the same time. 

Same already at most supermarkets.

Makro / Tesco almost empty between 2pm-5pm

41 minutes ago, Emdog said:

"..patrons are not allowed to share tables with strangers..." Just for fun, spitball on just how they could enforce this amazingly unenforceable rule. hmmm Thinking of Old Blue Eyes (Sinatra) tune "Strangers in the night"

Surely, strangers are just friends you haven't yet met.

It's always worked the dozens of times I've been to court for propositioning women.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

though bars and entertainment venues will only be allowed to reopen if the operators hold a valid licence. Also, pubs or bars can only serve alcoholic beverages during two periods: 11am-2pm and 5pm to midnight. All bars, pubs and entertainment venues are required to close before midnight

I can hear the screams already..

16 hours ago, Mavideol said:

that it's going to be funny for the happy ending ones.... almost as good as having a shave with the mask on

"and are required to wear a mask at all times, except in a bath."

It doesn't say that the bath has to be full   ????

image.gif

6 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

You really need more than 10 hours a day drinking alcohol in bars ? :unsure:

Out shopping with the misses 3pm knackered fancy a break and a couple of beers, bad luck 2 hour wait how is that 10 hours drinking ????

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

So closed between 2pm-5pm. Is that some kind of joke. Someone should start a thread of most stupid announcements.

Gosh there would be many candidates.

Surely gov just je#king us around.

Because Covid works only late afternoon. The other times it takes a break. 

Just type a 3 digit number in google + new cases. Try it a few times with some random numbers. It works with literally any number. Then you'll see this is all bs. 

• Haha 1

Can Someone please explain to me what the heck is the big concern about selling alcohol beverages in Thailand's shops & bars & pubs between the hours of 2pm & 5pm?  I much prefer to enjoy a beverage or two between the hours of 2pm & 5pm than 11am & 2pm!  An 11am start time is for the serious alcoholics!  Why not a 2pm start time to midnight?

• Like 1

Can the authorities legally enforce the requirement that every entertainment establishment must install CCTV and ensure they keep records for a month?  Right now it can only be a policy. The authorities will check you have recordings going back 1 month or you will get a fine, they are not interested in viewing the actual contents. Do they have the actual resources to view the recordings? It'a a pure money grab in my opinion and vaguely worded to ensure the free flow of brown envelopes. Eagerly waiting for the first court case.

Lastly, massage parlours and spas holding valid licences will be allowed to reopen, though all customers have to check in using the ThaiChana platform and are required to wear a mask at all times, except in a bath.

so if you're in the little book, no ploblems ...

24 minutes ago, Logosone said:

What is this about spas being allowed to open soon, Healthland is already open, every massage place in Chiang Mai appears to be open. Are they just ignoring the rules?

Since when did Healthland do soapies? 

3 hours ago, Emdog said:

Here's one for the massage parlour brigade, and surely Elvis has a much better singing voice than Sinatra. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, luckyluke said:

I spent since years several months a year in Thonglor, never had a problem to get alcohol between 2 and 5 p.m. in "restaurants".

Well they are places where they sell food, they may of course have a different status than the "Restaurant" one,

not really my concern what they are labelled.

I am actually in Thonglor, visited 3 different places where they sell food :

Sukhumvit 33/1

Ekamai - Sukhumvit Soi 63

Thonglor - Sukhumvit  Soi 55

No problem to get a beer between 2 and 5 p.m..

Happy Hour during this time as well.

I am also in Thong Lor. 

Let's say most restaurants don't serve alcohol after 2 pm. I don't know any on Thong Lor that do.  I wouldn't say it's "no problem"

Yes I know one on Ekamai (if you sit indoors)