Pattaya: Bars and clubs won't open despite bans ending

webfact

6 hours ago, webfact said:

And the bottom line is that most pubs and bars and discos rely on foreign clientele. 

They are not in Thailand yet and until they are, many bars will just stay shut and wait.

Much of their reluctance concerns the 22 new rules about what patrons can and can't do.

Social distancing measures alone will mean if they are to follow the rules they will be at 50% capacity.

Then there is the extra cost of cleaning and health monitoring devices.

This will involve extra staffing and extra expense. They will be needed to enforce where patrons can walk, stop them singing and dancing. It will just not be worth it.

In other words, if we can't open and operate like we used to then we won't open.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, robblok said:

So its not the government keeping them closed its the owners thinking it wont be profitable if they have to follow the rules. 

I don't get it what is the problem with the 50% capacity. I mean its not as if they would be at 100% capacity in low season anyway. 

Would you open a business to make a loss?????

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

and do you think that they will remember it when the good times comes rolling back?...

Sorry to break it to you but the "good times" wont be coming back, ever...

We are in the midst of a paradigm shift and the sooner the masses figure it out, the better off they will be.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

100 baht beer delivered in COVID free container

100 baht to look at girl in covid plastic box 

300 baht if want to talk to girl, since dangerous.

500 baht to buy covid PPE from bar, safety first

1000 baht to leave with girl, buying her PPE covid sex-free covering

5000 baht for covid sex insurance

1000 baht fine if in bathroom together and not 2 meters apart

1000 baht fine if take off mask.

let the good times roll......

3 big Leo's - 165b @ 7/11.

Access to Thaifreindly on phone - Free.

Short time room rental - 300b.

Motosai for TF lady - 200b.

Ladies GTFO fee 2 hours later - 1000b.

5 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

3 big Leo's - 165b @ 7/11.

Access to Thaifreindly on phone - Free.

Short time room rental - 300b.

Motosai for TF lady - 200b.

Ladies GTFO fee 2 hours later - 1000b.

Your generous giving 200 thb for motorcycle for lady, I say it's included in their fee or get the MRT/BTS.

Just now, tribalfusion001 said:

Your generous giving 200 thb for motorcycle for lady, I say it's included in their fee or get the MRT/BTS.

Yeah up here in Pattaya its a bit of a hike for the lass to catch the MRT/BTS and I hate to be thought of a cheap charlie so its no issue to front the Taxi, it is peanuts after all.

10 minutes ago, paulikens said:

nonsense. most will open

Most will open to no customers, sound business plan. I was down Soi Cowboy on the last night they were open, Baccara had hardly any girls working and not many customers, this was when tourists were still entering the country.

There is now no tourists entering the country and the one's left are slowly leaving. If you want a girl go online and if want a berr go to a sports bar or Thai bar.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, robblok said:

Good point then to keep them closed. Its exactly as you said the things people want to do in a bar cant be done safe because of corvid and people will break the rules ASAP. So why open them at all if people dont even want to adhere to the rules.

When I go shopping i follow all the rules why would bars be exempt.

Same here but even before the virus as soon as a girl is on my lap all rules are off the table!????

5 hours ago, KhunKenAP said:

You can bet the police will be checking all open bars and arrest any patron's and bar owners for a single violation of any of the 22 rules. I would estimate the odds of anyone in a bar frequented by farangs being busted at around 90%. Of course there will be mass confusion on what is OK or Not OK. They will arrest first and ask questions later, so they can get picture in the news media.

Best they stay closed until these stupid 22 rules go away. 

Arrest them? of course not. Why should the police now start to do their job properly? The usual backhanders will be requested. Don't forget the police have not had most of their usual perks for the past 3/4 months. A few hundred baht will come in very handy

5 hours ago, robblok said:

Bit strange.. but point being why would we have to live do anything if bars are not going to do the same. Might as wel stop totally and let the virus take hold. 

According to the government Rob, there is no virus, that is about a month now, so why all the rules? Unless the government is not being truthful. but IMO they are just enjoying the power trips.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Most will open to no customers, sound business plan. I was down Soi Cowboy on the last night they were open, Baccara had hardly any girls working and not many customers, this was when tourists were still entering the country.

There is now no tourists entering the country and the one's left are slowly leaving. If you want a girl go online and if want a berr go to a sports bar or Thai bar.

i agree. i said they would open i didnt say they would have any customers but i guarantee most of em open, and anyway at least a qtr if not half are pretty much empty all year round down to the fact they are just "cleaning" money!   also surely sports bars cant be open as the new rules state no showing football etc that might attract big crowds

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

Do you think that by now, Thai people realised and it dawned on them that basically without foreigners this country is pretty much back to being a farm and agriculture oriented country, no better than many other poor third world countries around the world.. and do you think that they will remember it when the good times comes rolling back?...

You are 100% right there nail on the head. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

Do you think that by now, Thai people realised and it dawned on them that basically without foreigners this country is pretty much back to being a farm and agriculture oriented country, no better than many other poor third world countries around the world.. and do you think that they will remember it when the good times comes rolling back?...

so thats how you think? "without us foreigners (no doubt you mean western foreigners, not chinese foreigners) Thailand would be a farming country, its our dollars and euros that keeps the economy afloat."

No foreigners and Thailand how we know it would cease to excist.

wow. thats sooooo interesting.