Best Meat Pies

JimmyTheMook

There's a full thread on Yorkies pies here:- http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...904&hl=pies

Most people don't seem to agree with you Jimmy

That is a good thread , will try the place on beach road btwn soi 7 & 8.

I have passed it many times and never would have thought to try it unless recommended.

Yorkie's are still very salty for me.

There's a full thread on Yorkies pies here:- http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...904&hl=pies

Most people don't seem to agree with you Jimmy

That is a good thread , will try the place on beach road btwn soi 7 & 8.

I have passed it many times and never would have thought to try it unless recommended.

Yorkie's are still very salty for me.

Last trip had some Cornish Pasties from there.... seemed to be lacking in one vitla ingredient... pepper.

CORNISH PASTY......CRAP ....I BET E DUNNOW WHAT A PROPER OGGY IS..SWEET I ONE END AND SAVOURY IN THE OTHER....CRUST JOINED ROUND THE OUTSIDE NOT ON THE TOP ( SO AS THE TIN MINERS DIDNT HAVE TO WASH THEIR HANDS BEFORE EATING...THE CRUST WOULD NOT BE EATEN )....PROPER JOB A DECENT TIDDY OGGY MMMMMMMM

I used to be a Friendship pie fan then i found a place on Soi Nern Plub Wahn called the Bakers Oven............does all the usual pies at 65 baht also pork/cumberland/beef/tomato sausage at 200/kilo...........and pasties/mushy peas/pickled onions etc........spot on!

For those who want to try it with transport its up nern plub wahn past the snake show and approx another 800m same side of the road..........

CORNISH PASTY......CRAP ....I BET E DUNNOW WHAT A PROPER OGGY IS..SWEET I ONE END AND SAVOURY IN THE OTHER....CRUST JOINED ROUND THE OUTSIDE NOT ON THE TOP ( SO AS THE TIN MINERS DIDNT HAVE TO WASH THEIR HANDS BEFORE EATING...THE CRUST WOULD NOT BE EATEN )....PROPER JOB A DECENT TIDDY OGGY MMMMMMMM

any way poms don,t know what a real meat pie is all about you have to go to the real pie makers in australia

not these guys up here do not have a clue :o

I reckon the best homemade pies can be bought at the Jack Tar bar in Soi 6. :D

You gotta be careful running the gauntlet down there though... :o

You mean the gauntlet of spent bullets falling through the roof right :D

Theirs another brand Friendship have as well as yorkies, they are good too, had one today, 60baht for mince and onion.

they also have the aussie four'n twenty which are really good too

no no you don,t use that hard pastery that yorkies uses ok i guess for those who like pork pies

I dont think I would go down soi 6 to get any pies..We got our last lot of pies on friday down soi welcome off Jomtein beach,umm from the Carefree bar I think the name of it.Simple Simons down soi 5 Jomtein Beach has good ones as well,give them a try

I DO know a proper Oggy and there is little evidence to suggest that they were sweet one end and savory the other....I fear that is an "urban myth" that has probably become practiced at times....lets face it ..it's not hard to try. But the method of baking a pasty - from the raw state - Doesn't really lend itself to mixing sweet with savory

Pat's Pies, on Third Road near its junction with South Road, sells good pies. My favourite is the Shepherd's Pie (although technically, as beef is used, it should be called "Cottage Pie"). By the way, you are wasting your time and money if you heat anything involving pastry in a microwave oven!

I find all the pies here are overpriced and generally tastless, don't know what pies all you guys have been used to at home but I have tried many here and remain disappointed, JT bar pies was dry and leathery, didn't even finish it.

Make your own pie for a fraction of the price :o

For you Londoners on the board, you can get great Pie, Mash and Liquor (if you don't know what liquor is you won't like it) from the Little Wonder restaurant inside the arcade next to Kiss on 2nd Road. Not quite up to Manze's standards, but the liquor is made from eel juice, and the pies are pretty authentic. I get double pie, double mash roughly once a month.

• 1 year later...

No one said anything about Keith's place (Caddy Shack) near Eden Hotel.

As well as meals on the premises you can buy his pies to take out (plus mince pies last Christmas) and he said he was selling to one or two retail outlets as well.

They're nothing fancy, but good fillings, reasonable pastry and only 100m from my house!

As well as meals on the premises you can buy his pies to take out (plus mince pies last Christmas) and he said he was selling to one or two retail outlets as well.

They're nothing fancy, but good fillings, reasonable pastry and only 100m from my house!

They are the same as the ones mentioned earlier, for sale in Friendship, they are labelled 'The Bake House'.

Best I have found in Pattaya, although still not great compared to back home. I am lucky enough to have an oven in my house (which seem to be like rocking horse sh1t in Thailand), and it does make a world of difference when cooking a pie.

if you want fantastic pies pasties ,cooked ham ect try jimbos bar on soi 60 or 61 cant remember the no on the sukhumvit. ,its just before the hogs breath.the pies really are something special,the also make terrific familly size apple pies. my sons favourite though is the large sausage and onion plaits.

believe me you will not be disapointed

They are the same as the ones mentioned earlier, for sale in Friendship, they are labelled 'The Bake House'.

Best I have found in Pattaya, although still not great compared to back home. I am lucky enough to have an oven in my house (which seem to be like rocking horse sh1t in Thailand), and it does make a world of difference when cooking a pie.

We use The Bake House pies in the Farang Connection, and they are probably one of the best pies I have ever eaten. Most of my customers agree with me as well. Both of you are right Keith from the Caddyshack( former from The Rising Sun, same as me)is the boss, and they sell them in the Friendship. We do sell them in our shop in the FC as well, if anyone is interested.

Western Wholesale food group who have a butchery on soi Chaiyapruek 2, excellent pies, burgers etc, i am led to believe they have a retail outlet in Jomtien somewhere, but you can also buy their stuff at Freindship.

I used to be a Yorkies man until i tried this lot, all pies tend to be 10 Baht cheaper too!!

Enjoy!!

I find all the pies here are overpriced and generally tastless, don't know what pies all you guys have been used to at home but I have tried many here and remain disappointed, JT bar pies was dry and leathery, didn't even finish it.

Make your own pie for a fraction of the price :o

I agree, my missus makes the best pies I've had in Pattaya.

Nobody like Greg's? The original pieman of Pattaya?

Found a new pie shop the other day, although I'm sad to say I can't recall the exact name of the place - The Gourmet something or other. Theyve only been open for about 6 weeks apparently. It's located at the top of Soi KhaoTalo, at the junction of Soi Khao Noi just past the 7-11. Tremendous it was. Pies filled to the brim with meat, nice pastry. They do a really good Chicken & bacon pie, as well as all the other usual ones. They serve them all with gravy. mmmmm. I highly recoomend you add this place to your pie directory.

Well, if you're out and about in Jompthien or Pattaya you might encounter the mobile pie wagon. Easily identified as it has emblazoned on it 'Daily Fresh The Pie Nice Clean'. Tends to be around Jompthien in the early evening, about 8 o'clock, and around Soi Pattayaland at about 9 o'clock and midnight. Times tend to vary and, if he sells out, he may not turn up at all.

I'm told that these pies come from the pie shop on Beach Road, between Sois 7 and 8. Pretty good quality - the pasties are especially good with no wasted space inside.

DM