BTS new normal: no phone chatting or face-to-face riding

webfact

BTS new normal: no phone chatting or face-to-face riding

By THE NATION

800_e2a2192699ff8a1.jpg?v=1593590952

The BTS Skytrain system has cancelled its seat-spacing measure in order to increase passenger capacity after schools and colleges reopened on Wednesday (July 1).

Social distancing has been relaxed to boost convenience for passengers, said Surapong Laoha-Unya, Bangkok Mass Transit System (BTS) chief executive officer. 

However, stations and trains will limit the number of passengers to 70 per cent of normal capacity so as to prevent overcrowding on the system. The BTS is also operating “group release” measures for passengers in the morning and evening rush hours, to prevent overcrowding on platforms.

Meanwhile, passengers are being advised not to talk on their phones and to avoid facing each other at close proximity.

Frequency of rush-hour service is 2 minutes, 25 seconds for trains on the Sukhumvit Line, and 3 minutes, 45 seconds for the Silom Line, said the operator.

Temperature checks and ThaiChana scanning remain in place on the system.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30390601

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-07-02

3 minutes ago, YetAnother said:
3 hours ago, webfact said:

Meanwhile, passengers are being advised not to talk on their phones and to avoid facing each other at close proximity.

am sure that will work really well; maybe the first 5 minutes of the first day

A full five minutes? I love your optimism!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

It's apparently OK as long as the donor has a doctor's certificate clearing them of Montezuma's revenge.

Well, that's an image I ll have stuck in my mind the next time Mrs N and I ........

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

You have to be joking right?

• Like 1

BTS train recording I heard says refrain from Talking. Not limited to talking on the phone. So much for the group of 5 teen aged boys I saw on my last BTS ride who talked nonstop very animatedly for 5 stops with masks lowered.

Unless there's a roaming BTS monitor no talking won't stop.

2 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

The only way they will stop people using mobile phones is by installing signal blockers in each compartment....

There's no problem with using your phone to check Line or Facebook - just no talking as that can expel virus droplets.  I think people will cope.

11 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

There's no problem with using your phone to check Line or Facebook - just no talking as that can expel virus droplets.  I think people will cope.

As long as there's no laughing or sniggering at FB comments. You could be expelled for that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, webfact said:

Temperature checks and ThaiChana scanning remain in place on the system.

I ride the BTS all the time, and have never encountered any implementation of ThaiChana app checkins anywhere on BTS.

They have set up automatic temperature checking cameras and have staff using handheld temp scanners where they don't have the automated systems.

Up until now, they haven't been doing anything to limit or control the volume of passengers allowed to wait on the platforms or to crowd onto the trains.

22 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Not in Thailand, Thais cannot live without mobile phone always talking, texting, taking selfies, take phone away from Thai like asking them to commit hari kari  

1 hour ago, a977 said:

Not in Thailand, Thais cannot live without mobile phone always talking, texting, taking selfies, take phone away from Thai like asking them to commit hari kari  

Nobody's talking about taking away anyone's phone (perish the thought).  The thread is about trying to stop people talking on the BTS when it's crowded to avoid spreading the virus.  

22 minutes ago, Jane Dough said:
23 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Sorry. My apologies, I've obviously got ideas above my station.

It really is time that at this junction you punsters are shunted from the forum. 

You think I'd be inclined to do that? I know a coupler times it's occurred when someone has tried to turntables on me. The way I see it you'll not gain any points with signals like that. Let's not get steamed up and branch off into that now, but maybe one day return to it, as long as it hasn't gone down the tube by then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jane Dough said:

It really is time that at this junction you punsters are shunted from the forum. 

Rooster

27 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

You think I'd be inclined to do that? I know a coupler times it's occurred when someone has tried to turntables on me. The way I see it you'll not gain any points with signals like that. Let's not get steamed up and branch off into that now, but maybe one day return to it, as long as it hasn't gone down the tube by then.

I really think that you and bluespunk have come to the end of the line on this thread otherwise you will both be in for some buffering in the near future.

Perhaps I am getting my signals crossed here. 

Edited by billd766
added extra text
  • Haha 2

So actually is good to have a phone because you must have installed "ThaiChana" app but is not advisable to use phone on BTS, they could actually tell to people we want more control we want to be like Xi Jinping and CCP just under the word of "Democracy" for we can still attract wealthy western customers but in reality we dont care about Democracy is long time gone. 

3 minutes ago, Jane Dough said:

At this point may I recommend reading "Riding the Iron Rooster".

Rooster

Very witty Wilde!

I'm sure I haven't read that particular one of his books.

Just saw the wiki entry about the book: One of his aims is to disprove the Chinese maxim, "you can always fool a foreigner"