CAAT’s recommendations for 11 exempt types of travellers planning a trip to Thailand

webfact

3 hours ago, crazykopite said:

???????????????? I cant stop laughing ????????????????what tourist is going to go through all the hassle just to spend a week or two here in Thailand ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Where do you read TOURIST ?

2 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

So when sex tourists arrive, and subsequently go into 14-day quarantine in a government-approved hotel, will they find bargirls working in the lounge?

Where do you read TOURIST ?

6 minutes ago, phitsanulokjohn said:

Although not urgent at this stage,I could do with returning to the UK for a month.2 weeks would be compulsory self isolation imposed by the UK govt,and a further 2 weeks tying up a few odds and ends.

Being married to a Thai for 17 years I fall into number 6 of the 11 eligible categories,but can anyone tell me where I am supposed to obtain within the UK "a Health certificate clarifying no risk of COVID-19, using a RT-PCR laboratory technique, issued no more than 72 hours before travelling (required from passengers in Types 2, 3, and 6-11).

I have read on the net these are not obtainable within the UK,let alone within 72 hours of flying.

As said I could do with going to the UK,but don't wish to be locked out of Thailand where I live.

Any advice appreciated.

I am in a similr situation, I have been stuck in the UK/Offshore since March and just want to get home to my wife and son. But I can't find anywhere to do what I need to get home to my family. 

Just crazy 

2 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

I think you can rent the land and buy a house, but you cannot buy the land as a foreigner. Might be wrong, saw it on a YouTube video.

Yeah he owns nothing in reality. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

This list really look impression as hell a lot of time and thought went into it especially the translation I wonder now whether any of those who put their thoughts into it even understand themselves had to enter Thailand can fullfill all these requirements.

One left off the list how long after entry does a person has to bend over and take it?????

Alternate temp check.

By signing the TMXYZ alinea 69 note 6 in fine print you agreed to that.

But do not worry : it's for your safety !

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, joe jadore said:

Thailand tourism will be EXTINCT if they persist with this 100K USA valued insurance policy! Pensioners for starters could never afford it! Australians have Medicare which covers most things for FREE!!!! If you think they are going to spend 5/6/7K on a insurance policy for a 2 week vacation your crazy! The rest of the world "mostly" has a similar equation of their populations. 

Think again Thailand or close your beaches, hotels, malls, restaurants and bars. Cambodia has a 3k refundable deposit system. They are about to become a rich country, if Thailand doesn't act quickly.

Plus $50,000 insurance.

They're all treading water till the vaccine's available. Word on the pharma street is that the horse race between the labs should be over soon with production on at least a couple of types beginning early 2021.

Go behind the screen, sir, pull your pants down and wait for the robot injecting machine to wheel up to you. Thank you for your cooperation. Have a nice flight.

Just now, tribalfusion001 said:

Untested vaccine just to go somewhere, no thanks. The places waiting for vaccines for mass tourism will just be desolate resorts with boarded up bars, shops and restaurants.

Not untested. They're only accelerating the whole invention to approval process not skipping steps. What comes out at the other end will be safe.

Won't be foolproof protection though. But most countries will be willing to take their chances admitting a vaccinated visitor vs. one not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Basic math, Thailand + entry restrictions = zero tourists.

Additionally the PCR test gives a positive if you have flu, as flu by its nature is a coronavirus ... so your covid 19 free but will test positive... stupid government dont even know the guy who developed the test, who was a Nobel prize winner for Chemistry and said the test was floored and gave many false/negatives... gee Thailand do you dam research .. 

Edited by fraggleRock
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Why Me said:

Not untested. They're only accelerating the whole invention to approval process not skipping steps. What comes out at the other end will be safe.

Won't be foolproof protection though. But most countries will be willing to take their chances admitting a vaccinated visitor vs. one not.

Long term side effects will not be known for years, not for me.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Long term side effects will not be known for years, not for me.

How long term? Obviously, if you're looking out 20 years there's no 100% guarantee. But FDA regulations are about as thorough as can reasonably be. Key word " reasonably" when weighing the need to get the med to patients vs. risk.

Edited by Why Me

14 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Untested vaccine just to go somewhere, no thanks. The places waiting for vaccines for mass tourism will just be desolate resorts with boarded up bars, shops and restaurants.

I think so too.

But you never know what people will accept or not.

Yellow fever vaccine is mandatory in countries. But it's a old vaccine, not a new normal thing...

1 minute ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Big pharma want to make money out of covid-19 vaccines, usually these take years to test and you'll be the guinea pig.

Nah, the lawsuit if they cheat will not be millions. It'll be billions. Conversely, the incentive to get a properly approved vaccine in production is also billions. 

• Thanks 1

I hope there will be some sense about this vaccine.

Logic, and freedom, would rather make an accurate test mandatory, OR a vaccine. But not a mandatory vaccine. I wonder if this new abnormal will pass too. And what for people being allergic or unsuitable for vaccine ? No more travel ??

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sambotte said:

But not a mandatory vaccine. I wonder if this new abnormal will pass too. And what for people being allergic or unsuitable for vaccine ? No more travel ??

Nobody can be forced to be vaccinated. But countries can refuse entry if you're not. Lots do that for various diseases already (see https://www.who.int/ith/2016-ith-county-list.pdf).

In case of Covid the requirement could be vaccination or quarantine. Thailand might go that route.

Very   Sad   however  not only Thailand  this is  a problem world  wide....I have a beautiful  wife  in Thaialnd  and would quality  to go  ...However  no flights from Australia  to Thailand and will not be for  long long time .. I think AU  gove feel  Thailand to close to China 

Still  to go thru  all that the Thai Gov  expect for  visits to  Thailand   will put off  90%  of travelers

I know I  am  put off  by it all  and do not need the  hassel ...I  see  and talk  to my  wife  everyday  on video   so we keep up  good  internet  payments  that is the best we can do  for  now....

I  feel sorry   for those  lovley  Thai   locals  around  our little  condo  who  call me Rambo ...lol   

I  know one day  we will see the end to this  and  a vacine will  be developed.....Until  then  thank you  God  for  Video  link

Good luck Thailand  I  really  feel for you  

11 minutes ago, TERMINATOR3AB said:

Very   Sad   however  not only Thailand  this is  a problem world  wide....I have a beautiful  wife  in Thaialnd  and would quality  to go  ...However  no flights from Australia  to Thailand and will not be for  long long time .. I think AU  gove feel  Thailand to close to China 

Still  to go thru  all that the Thai Gov  expect for  visits to  Thailand   will put off  90%  of travelers

I know I  am  put off  by it all  and do not need the  hassel ...I  see  and talk  to my  wife  everyday  on video   so we keep up  good  internet  payments  that is the best we can do  for  now....

I  feel sorry   for those  lovley  Thai   locals  around  our little  condo  who  call me Rambo ...lol   

I  know one day  we will see the end to this  and  a vacine will  be developed.....Until  then  thank you  God  for  Video  link

Good luck Thailand  I  really  feel for you  

8 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Ya paid your money... Ya take your chances...  This is Thailand after all... Guarantees are few and far between.

Not property holders but Permanent residency holders which are rare and very hard to get, I am a company Director of a real Estate company in Thailand and own many properties, Have retirement visa and live there full time, came to UK in March for 2 weeks and was not able to get back. Had all the initial covid free test cert, fit to fly certs and didn't need $100.000 dollar insurance back then but could still not board my flight at Heathrow because the airline staff were all panicking and basically wasn't sure what to do. had many flights cancelled the most recent for 1st August just cancelled yet again, so still here. I am beginning to regret pumping a lot of money into business there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Why Me said:

Nobody can be forced to be vaccinated. But countries can refuse entry if you're not. Lots do that for various diseases already (see https://www.who.int/ith/2016-ith-county-list.pdf).

In case of Covid the requirement could be vaccination or quarantine. Thailand might go that route.

I think you will find some countries have caveats for mandatory vaccines if people refuse medical help.