Trump's clemency for Roger Stone wipes away fine and supervised release

webfact

Just now, david555 said:

ow .... that is really poor defense ….but I stop it here as I see the honesty raped once more …...

Sorry to embarrass you with the Obama comparing Gov. pardon  link

Yes, your defense is very poor. Specious red herrings attempt to distract from the actual discussion. And embarrass ME? 555! Obama is as crooked as a dog's hind leg!

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, JusticeGB said:

Wow so many Trump haters and Liberals on this thread the lynch mob is out in full.

The pro trolls haven't been provided with their positions yet.  They usually start showing up on Tuesdays: weekly topic cycles, you know.

• Haha 2

Trump seems to think that the only way to have an impact is to come down hard on people and make them an example. I would not be surprised if some enterprising patriot realized that Cro Magnon Man Stone represents the downfall of democracy in the US and took him out. Second Amendment rights work in mysteriously effective ways!

• Like 1

Roger Stone apparently told the learned audience of Fox News that Donald "The Don" Trump saved his life because, with his life-long respiratory problems he would not be able to survive prison.

If you think about it, that is not an argument for releasing Roger Stone. Instead, it is an argument for reforming American prisons to make them safe for those with respiratory problems (and other medical issues). But somehow I don't think that you will hear Roger Stone at the vanguard of prison reform activism.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ukrules said:

Doesn't the SDNY Federal prosecutors office deal solely with federal crimes?

I must correct myself. SDNY IS a federal court, and they prosecute civil AND criminal cases. One of these does not fall under the jurisdiction of presidential pardons.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_District_Court_for_the_Southern_District_of_New_York#:~:text=The United States District Court,the state of New York.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, david555 said:

Right , but …. both sides are a long time each other  rival in doing this the " very naughty way " …… lying to congress …. tapering and obstruction ….. please  let us remember dear Hillary with smashing her phones and emails files ….. and she got away with it ….????

Sad to see 2 party's descending to this level …. but if one start's so  the other is invited to it to......

And if not polarized enough  the BLM comes on top  .. while ALM  is the ultimate correct option  (ALL lives matter )

But hilllary. 8 republican investgations. Zero.

Lock her up. Another trump nothingburger.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Dave0206 said:

2) For the life of me I can not fathom how the religious zealots manage to conveniently be blind to anything the Donald stands for ( if he stands for anything other than himself)

The largest plot that 45 has accomplished was to load the courts with extreme right wing judges - about 200 of them. In some cases they were flat out not qualified, but their political views exempted the need for experience. Abortion is on the verge of becoming outlawed again, so the "Christians" will overlook his multitude of crimes. He has filled all the court appointments that he can, so I sense support will start to pull away, particularly as his racist rhetoric is heating up. To openly state BLM is a symbol of hate is unbelievable. On a side note, I've never had a Christian satisfactorily answer this question: If God is all powerful then couldn't He take the soul that was to be assigned to the aborted fetus and plant it somewhere else?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Now of course we receive our news as we “ like” it if you are a maga it’s from fox and frauds or vice versa cnn or msnbc when I was younger we got news at 6 pm and 10 pm bbc or itn.

Now you can read every conspiracy theory that suits you’re thinking 24 hours a day or wait 5 mins and trump will tweet it ( I used to think only birds did the tweeting) now the cuckoo in whitehouse is addicted to it.

biden just needs to keep quiet and he will be elected by trump blowing it.

Bidens biggest asset is republicans that hate trump like the Lincoln project making terrific adverts.

i often wonder how the Conway conversations are like hee hee 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, J Town said:

I must correct myself. SDNY IS a federal court, and they prosecute civil AND criminal cases.

Sure, I know...that's why I mentioned it.

President Trump just commuted the only federal charges they could come up with so the SDNY will not be doing anything because under federal law he's been sentenced already, it was commuted which doesn't matter - they can't come for him again. It's over.

Some people don't like this, hard luck I guess.

Edited by ukrules
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ukrules said:

President Trump just commuted the only federal charges they could come up with so the SDNY will not be doing anything because under federal law he's been sentenced already, it was commuted which doesn't matter - they can't come for him again. It's over.

I must have misunderstood. I was referring to 45 when he leaves office. There are crimes that, even if Biden were of a mind to, cannot be pardoned or commuted that SDNY can and will prosecute.

Edited by J Town
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, J Town said:

I must have misunderstood. I was referring to 45 when he leaves office. There are crimes that, even if Biden were of a mind to, cannot be pardoned or commuted that SDNY can and will prosecute.

Lol, there's only thing that can't be pardoned and that's impeachment and it's certainly not under the remit of SDNY.

State law however is a very different thing, maybe that's what you're referring to but that's a whole different bunch of guys.

• Like 1