MotoGP is BACK!!

2long

Give 93 the trophy now, its a forgone conclusion, as is Cal falling off his bike at every 4th corner, Rossie saying he's getting  the best out of a bad bike (retire mate) and Smith going round in circles for no apparent reason. Still a great spectator sport.  

Edited by Pilotman
  • Haha 1

On 7/16/2020 at 6:38 PM, Pilotman said:

Give 93 the trophy now, its a forgone conclusion, as is Cal falling off his bike at every 4th corner, Rossie saying he's getting  the best out of a bad bike (retire mate) and Smith going round in circles for no apparent reason. Still a great spectator sport.  

Your probably right Honda have that sorted with the best rider unless something happens, machines are pretty much the same on certain tracks some not so that's where the rider comes in.

I will still keep supporting Dovi hoping will just get one more short at the title.

• Like 1

yeah good to see Moto GP back.  MM is so far ahead of the feldI don't see anyone beating him again for the crown.  The other riders need to grow some balls to keep up.

My only beef with Moto GP is everyone should be using the same tires I am tired of races being decided  by tire choice lol.

Edited by tlandtday

Love him or hate him, MM93 is head and shoulders above most others, but bear in mind that he has been nurtured by HRC for many years and the bike is made to suit his style. Also bear in mind that he was going much faster than the others on Sunday BECAUSE he had to due to his mistake. And then he highsided because her was going too fast. Maybe others could go that fast but don't want to crash. I know that MV12 was slowing the race down to preserve his soft tyres.

In conclusion, I dislike MM93 mainly because he's so good, which is a pathetic reason but it's true. He has also had lots of luck, and not been the nicest person in some cases.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/16/2020 at 6:38 PM, Pilotman said:

That post aged well! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, JonnyF said:

That post aged well!

Ouch!  That's a major injury.  MM should be a little more cautious, like Eddie Lawson, a 4-time world champ.  WIKI: "His penchant for not crashing and consistently finishing in the points earned him the nickname "Steady Eddie". 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I agree that finishing in the points more than 'hospital or rostrum' is a good concept. But MM93's pure speed, and his ability to slide the bike and save incidences where others would crash makes him almost superhuman. I would have liked to have seen him try another bike, but in any case he really is a very special rider. Even though I dislike him, I would like him back on track asap, and there are rumours he will try tomorrow!!

53 minutes ago, 2long said:

I agree that finishing in the points more than 'hospital or rostrum' is a good concept. But MM93's pure speed, and his ability to slide the bike and save incidences where others would crash makes him almost superhuman. I would have liked to have seen him try another bike, but in any case he really is a very special rider. Even though I dislike him, I would like him back on track asap, and there are rumours he will try tomorrow!!

Yep Marquez is a bit like James Stewart used to be in Motocross/Supercross. They used to call him the COW (Crash Or Win).

Despite being super talented, Stewart's career gradually faded away as injuries and concussions caught up with him. Hopefully Marquez tones it down a bit and learns that it's better to lay up and take 4th on a bad day than crash out.

He also needs to stop playing stupid games with his competitors on track IMO. Creating enemies can catch up to you when you need a result and someone you pisched off last week doesn't, and decides to ruin your race instead (like Rossi did to him in Malaysia a few years back).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 2long said:

That's insane.

These MotoGP guys are tough. I remember Lorenzo did a similar thing at Assen with a broken collarbone. I broke my collarbone in January and couldn't even consider riding for 6 weeks (although I didn't get mine plated).

• Like 1

Insane is pretty fitting. It can't be healthy in the long run to do these extremely quick "recoveries". Probably pumped full of pain killers as well. But of course if you are a top athlete then you are a bit more resistant to bodily pain. A bit like kids, my niece had a broken collar bone and didn't blink an eye...

• Like 1

On 7/22/2020 at 9:42 AM, 2long said:

Love him or hate him, MM93 is head and shoulders above most others, but bear in mind that he has been nurtured by HRC for many years and the bike is made to suit his style. Also bear in mind that he was going much faster than the others on Sunday BECAUSE he had to due to his mistake. And then he highsided because her was going too fast. Maybe others could go that fast but don't want to crash. I know that MV12 was slowing the race down to preserve his soft tyres.

In conclusion, I dislike MM93 mainly because he's so good, which is a pathetic reason but it's true. He has also had lots of luck, and not been the nicest person in some cases.

He simply has bigger balls than everyone else and a stronger desire to win coupled with great skill.  Most others simply don't have the courage to run with him.  They are too afraid to crash.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2020 at 8:24 AM, JonnyF said:

Yep Marquez is a bit like James Stewart used to be in Motocross/Supercross. They used to call him the COW (Crash Or Win).

Despite being super talented, Stewart's career gradually faded away as injuries and concussions caught up with him. Hopefully Marquez tones it down a bit and learns that it's better to lay up and take 4th on a bad day than crash out.

He also needs to stop playing stupid games with his competitors on track IMO. Creating enemies can catch up to you when you need a result and someone you pisched off last week doesn't, and decides to ruin your race instead (like Rossi did to him in Malaysia a few years back).

With the current tracks and safety suits the crashes are not as they used to be.